ITP Racecars
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: DITB GTR Build

DITB GTR Build

thought I would chuck up a page about my latest adventure now i think i have actually worked out what we are doing.

after seeing Simons car in action at RW and Anzac day no limits, i had basically decided i wanted a GTR. so i looked around, missed an opportunity on a red one, looked at importing one then nekminute a mate of a mate of a brother informed me Kaido was looking at shifting his car after it popped a motor, so for that i thank you Kaido as i would have never been able to get a car with such a comprehensive brake and suspension package to start off with via other routes.

so the car came with a hell of a lot more parts than listed below, but i have sold them off as the majority of the parts where to suit a TT Set up, i have only listed what will be fitted.

Project Mu SCR-PRO 2-piece Front Rotors
    Project Mu SCR Pure Plus 6 Rear Rotors
    Endless CC-RG rear pads
    HKS adjustable Cam Gears (intake and exhuast)
    HKS Timing Belt
    ARC Radiator
    AP Racing CP5555 4 pot Front caliper (these use the same disc from r33/34 brembo so 330 size disc)
    Endless CC-RG Front Pads
    APP Braided Brake lines Front and Rear
    Nismo Circuit Linkage Set Front (inc Upper link bracket, Transverse link, Tension rod)
    Ikeya formula Complete Suspension Arm Kit for the Rear (every arm has been replaced with I.F gear)
    HICAS lock bar
    Quantum Racing Suspension T5 with Swift Springs (10/8)

few pics of when i bought it

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

then it joined the conga line at galvsport

[IMG][/IMG]

from there i sent it off to get a brad stacey weld in half cage, harness bar with provision for a bolt in front section if i choose to do that further down the track.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

got it back to the shed at home, gave it a lick of paint and got excited with some dry ice

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

due to the space constraints I couldn’t get into this piece of the cage, would any of you happen to be an "auto glazier" who could take out this side quarter glass panel and refit it after i paint it, not too keen to fuck up the seals so prefer someone who has done it before.

[IMG][/IMG]

did a swap with ChrisGTR off here for these tasty Work XT7's for the LM GT4's

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

so as for plans i would like to get the body work tidied up while waiting for my time slot at galvsport, need a door resprayed, this quarter panel tended to and would like to track down some N1 skirts and trust pods to have all fitted up at the same time (i am chasing a panel beater any recommendation’s?)

[IMG][/IMG]

Engine Plans
    Vipec ECU
    HKS 2.8 Crank
    HKS Pistons
    Pauter rods
    HKS oil pump
    ATI 1000hp balancer
    Hioctane sump
    Oil restrictors
    Headstuds
    24U N1 Block
    Nismo Bearings
    brian crower springs, retainers, guides
    Precision 6262 .84 divided housing
    6 boob
    50mm progate
    2000cc injectors
    2 x 044 + Surge tank
    brad stacey catch can
    Mocal oil cooler
    Jim Berry Twin Plate
    Refurbished stock box with a few bits of trickery to try and get it to stay in one piece.

it was meant to be a sump and pump type job, however josh is real good at upselling.

thats it for the time being
    R32 GTR - Kippah Performance Signature Series

Quote Originally Posted by masTers View Post
    DAMO PLZ

Antilag.com can't afford to keep forking out for magazine subscriptions every time you offend someone

cplagz Guest
    Fucking likes this.

As for panel beater - Owen @ Melthams without a doubt. He's on here as 'big o'

Cant wait to see it sorted.

Keeping your seats for now?

And yes big o dude - he did my wagon.
    a n t i l a g . c o m

Awesome.
    [ALM] X5M Daily
    Empire Performance - Mitsubishi Evo 6 Tarmac Rally Car.

nice
    Local motorsport pics and other photos: https://www.facebook.com/thesportsphoto
    www.thesportsphoto.com.au

'10 XR5 - pretty standard for now

Great list of parts, good to see this is being done proper, look forward to more updates

Ah, the Glavsport RB28 package! Nice choice....

Quote Originally Posted by huggy_b View Post
    Ah, the Glavsport RB28 package! Nice choice....
    The only problem with them is 1/2 the field will be running them next year it seems.

Good luck with it mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckets View Post
    The only problem with them is 1/2 the field will be running them next year it seems.

Good luck with it mate.
    Guess he should go 3L then hahahaha. This car is gonna be killer when its completed though regardless of displacement
    2003 EVOLANDER ^_^

if its anything like the COCHEE GTR it will be sick.

can someone elaborate on DITB?
    Throwing everything in the 'fuck it' bucket.

Dicks in the bum.

12. Likes Damo 69 likes this post
    this topic makes me very sad but happy to see the new owner give it the love it needs! should be awesome with the 2.8
    Quote Originally Posted by BALISTC View Post
    Trust me, if someone could find me a stackhat and a 911, I'd happily do it.

Swwweeeeet jesus
    Keen to see where this is going
    Cage looks the goods
    "I can't believe I ate the whole thing"

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post

Keeping your seats for now?
    actually sold them, as i left them up for sale and wouldnt accept any low balls, for what i sold them for should be able to get a custom fixed back moulded to my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by SSICK View Post
    if its anything like the COCHEE GTR it will be sick.

can someone elaborate on DITB?
    huge benchmark the COCHEE machine, not that baller! the detail on that beast is amazing.

basically just after a tough street car, that i can drive to and from the track and if i feel like it drive it to the office.

DAMO PLZ

Antilag.com can't afford to keep forking out for magazine subscriptions every time you offend someone

Damn you I was looking at buying those rims haha. Looks awesome mate can't wait to see this finished!
    R32-rb25

Looking forward to see how this progresses.
    Hope you like the rims.
    Going to be some tough R32 GTRs getting around Perth.

Awesome choice damo! Can't wait to hear another filthy rb28!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brockas aka. El Presidente View Post
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it just so happens yours is wrong.

lol'd at thread title

keen for skid vids when fin'

We have the e85. We have the NBN. Where is your god now?
    I see there's been no progress updates for quite a while, so I've designed some custom plates for Damo to get him motivated.

22. Likes Jake91 likes this post
    needs to be put in peer pressure thread ASAP
    Quote Originally Posted by mys1 View Post
    Fuck your parents must have been scraping the bottom of the gene pool when they created you!

LOL

OK i can provide a quick update, however i have no new photos as I am in Karratha and i am gunning to a meeting at 2:30.

Bought Gav Beers motor (HKS 2.8) legend top bloke, best bloke i have never met it was all run through the ever great Josh Gardner.
    Bought a new N1 block
    As it’s a HKS bottom end, Josh has ordered up Springs retainers, 272 10.5mm cams etc all HKS
    Mr Fairchild is doing me up some cam covers in the old school HKS / trans Perth interior spec green, purple silver, with a bit of carbon added to bring it into the 2013
    Bought a R34 GTR Getrag - 6 speed and conversion kit to fit it into the R32 GTR from Mercury Motorsports in QLD
    1200hp NPC Clutch – twin plate
    Bought Gav Beers rear subframe – long story short – thanks again Gav
    After 3 months of umming arring not sure what the fuck to do as I am a big pingpingpingping and don’t fit into many fixed backs – purchased a Sparco Evo 3 which is the biggest standard seat made it looks like. And custom rails to be made by Brad Stacey as low as possible so I fit with a helmet on.
    Had the YOLO dent fixed up and the guards flared for the bigger rubber
    Tomei Titanium exhaust
    Racepack
    Fully engineered / street rego (need ideas on plates bar DITB GTR I was thinking RB28)

It is keeping me pretty poor at the moment and am hoping for it to fire up shortly to work out the niggles to enter power cruise which I have booked and paid for a garage too – nothing like a bit of motivation to enter an event. (pm me if you would like to buy a garage worst case scenario)

Cheers,

DAMO PLZ

Quote Originally Posted by Damo 69 View Post
    LOL

OK i can provide a quick update, however i have no new photos as I am in Karratha and i am gunning to a meeting at 2:30.

Bought Gav Beers motor (HKS 2.8) legend top bloke, best bloke i have never met it was all run through the ever great Josh Gardner.
    Bought a new N1 block
    As it’s a HKS bottom end, Josh has ordered up Springs retainers, 272 10.5mm cams etc all HKS
    Mr Fairchild is doing me up some cam covers in the old school HKS / trans Perth interior spec green, purple silver, with a bit of carbon added to bring it into the 2013
    Bought a R34 GTR Getrag - 6 speed and conversion kit to fit it into the R32 GTR from Mercury Motorsports in QLD
    1200hp NPC Clutch – twin plate
    Bought Gav Beers rear subframe – long story short – thanks again Gav
    After 3 months of umming arring not sure what the fuck to do as I am a big pingpingpingping and don’t fit into many fixed backs – purchased a Sparco Evo 3 which is the biggest standard seat made it looks like. And custom rails to be made by Brad Stacey as low as possible so I fit with a helmet on.
    Had the YOLO dent fixed up and the guards flared for the bigger rubber
    Tomei Titanium exhaust
    Racepack
    Fully engineered / street rego (need ideas on plates bar DITB GTR I was thinking RB28)

It is keeping me pretty poor at the moment and am hoping for it to fire up shortly to work out the niggles to enter power cruise which I have booked and paid for a garage too – nothing like a bit of motivation to enter an event. (pm me if you would like to buy a garage worst case scenario)

Cheers,
    Fuck WOW! i love how you went from just keeping the twins to full out build haha!
    Quote Originally Posted by BALISTC View Post
    Trust me, if someone could find me a stackhat and a 911, I'd happily do it.

Dean/Rocko/can't think of his actual username will take garage off your hands worst case scenario if you can't make it.
    Daily: Ford Ranger XLT
    4x4: datsun shitter
    Ol School: 468BBC powerglide '73 HQ ute

Turbo2.6L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast