Thought I would put up a thread of how this headache gets resolved.

Background - I had a perfectly good 402ci motor in my Monaro, and brakes were first class.

Changed motor to one from my old drag car - big solid cam, and made fuck all brake vacuum in drag car.

Exactly the same issue now in Monaro

Talked to a lot of people about my problem, and was assured a vacuum pump would solve it for me.

Bought CVR VP-555 for just over $550.00

Fitted it up according to instructions

Tee it into brake booster line, and install check valve on engine side of line.

Pump fires up, sucks fine, and cycles on and off when you block off line/ unblock line.

Ok - so I sucked on check valve and it works perfectly.

Replumbed so only vacuum pump supplying booster - no change, still one pump then no more assistance on brakes.

Then bounce this off a few people, and condenses is, I need a vacuum tank as well (fuck me how hard can shit get overnight??).

Decided to look on net at tanks to get an idea - most look to be around 2l capacity, but sizes dont match spaces in engine bay for me.

Friend suggests try one out of pvc to make sure it solves problem first - great idea.

Only had 90mm pvc stormwater kicking around - vacuum pump collapsed that!! - therefor I know pump sucks well!!

Will make one from 100mm tomorrow night and try that.

If that works, I will get a custom one made up so vacuum pump mounts on top, and mount it all where original air box was.

Not convinced this is the issue though.

Unfortunately, I think this rules me out of Collie on Saturday