Maytech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Corona

Had to shut my gym on Monday 12pm. .

15 years then nothing with no real warning was the ball breaker.

I've moved into gym equipment leasing and outdoor PT.

Not quite the same...

2. Dislikes Denver, crabman, Pete, DISTRBD, Damo 69 dislikes this post
    Anyone using up some points for a govt funded 14 day iso........
    team sports can go to hell. I'm never going to rely on some weak minded MufaF@#$ to help me win a game. Ill win it myself. George Leeman.

4. Likes crabman likes this post
    Sent home on "stand-down" on Wednesday until tentative date of April 28 along with my team as we are deemed not essential to business continuity.
    (I do QAQC for mining/oil &gas EPC)
    Can use what little annual leave I have but then unpaid.

Rest of the company still going.
    MY00 Subaru Impreza WRX
    MY11 Subaru Liberty GT
    MY94 Ford Laser Autocross Bunky

6. Dislikes dmanvan, Damo 69 dislikes this post
    Working from home indefinitely.

A mate of mine is a driller on a project in QLD, lives in WA. Has been told today to expect to stay in QLD for the next 6+ months.
    Jailbait

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_23 View Post
    Sent home on "stand-down" on Wednesday until tentative date of April 28 along with my team as we are deemed not essential to business continuity.
    There will be plenty of stand downs that do not meet the criteria to invoke this part of the fair work act. And as a result, plenty of fair work claims in the future.

Would be interested if you still had meaningful work to do, or they are just trying to protect cashflow. Would you have preferred a redundo?

Non essential number (for now) at essential dom gas plant. Talk of 12+ week swings amongst the big players to lock down a suite of workers onsite that aren't infected and can't be infected. Fingers crossed as a single young(ish) guy I make the invite list.

I've heard it involves 2 weeks locked away to begin with to prove you're clean. Will definitely change people in the head if they aren't careful and over manage people whilst away. Expect a spike in workplace suicides, hell even suicides in general when the next stage of lockdowns in cities happen., heard Italy having an issue with it but obviously not being reported.

USA is proper fucked, but they're pulling a China and not reporting true numbers to stay up top as World Police no doubt. China conspiracy or not, we might just see a changing in the guard of world super powers 😕

Now Boris has it

Quote Originally Posted by mr_rotary View Post
    I've heard a part of Europe are now in lock-down till June.
    Confirmed it's Netherlands

This can't be real? LOL

If you're not watching Trump's nightly Coronavirus shitfest, here's the summary:

He started out by accusing nurses of hoarding or stealing face masks.

Trump: "There is something going on. I don't know if it is hoarding. It is maybe worse than hoarding ... for years, 10 to 20,000 masks. Okay. It's a New York City hospital. It's packed all the time. How do you go from 10 to 20 to 300,000? 10 to 20,000 masks, to 300,000 ... even though this is different. Something is going on. And you ought to look into it as reporters. Where are the masks going? Are they going out the back door? How do you go from 10,000 to 300,000? Uh, and we have that in a lot of different places. So ... somebody should probably look into that, 'cause I just don't see from a practical standpoint how that's possible to go from that to that, and we have that happening in numerous places..."

He then accused hospitals of "hoarding" ventilators.

He does this several times throughout the briefing, Suggesting New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, and medical personnel, specifically nurses, are conspiring to overinflate the number of ventilators and masks needed.

Again, he does this more than once.

Trump then admits there actually ARE shortages, but blames Obama. Saying that it's like how the military was out of bullets when he took over. None of this has any basis in reality whatsoever, but the toadies in the background are all nodding like this is fact.

This is beyond gaslighting.

This is a radioactive gas cloud.

This is like watching the Soviet government press briefings about Chernobyl, when the reactor was still burning and the Russians didn't realize we could actually SEE it from orbit and that radiation meters were sounding the alarm over half the planet.

Trump then talks about immigrants and how keeping them out of America probably prevented us from getting the plague and everybody behind him has this carefully practiced expressionless Soviet face on, and then bizarrely Trump randomly pivots to explaining how he didn't know until TODAY that 2.2 MILLION AMERICANS will likely die if we don't maintain social distancing -- even though that number was specifically briefed IN FRONT of him two weeks ago on national TV.

Naturally, now that Trump is suddenly aware of the probability of 2.2 MILLION DEATHS, he never said he was going to order America back to work by Easter. That was, uh, um, well, you see, um, just "aspirational."

The man who always speaks bluntly, is suddenly talking in metaphor and parable.

A QANN "reporter" asks Trump why his approval ratings are so high, is it because he's so awesome? Trump admits that he is.

Someone else asks about Americans facing eviction on April 1st. Trump says "I think landlords will take it easy."

Trump goes after reporter Yacmiche Alcindor for daring to ask about his repeated attacks on various governors. Trump angrily says, "We sent thousands of generators to New York ... the people in New York never distribute it the generators."

It takes a minute to figure out that when Trump says "generators" he probably means "ventilators." He does this repeatedly.

A reporter asks why Florida has 100% of their requests for supplies from the national strategic stockpile filled, but Massachusetts has not? Instead of answering, Trump says: "I was on the call yesterday with the governors and they were happy with the job we are doing."

The governors, who he noted the day before, he refuses to call. He was on the phone with them. They're happy he says, despite the fact that he was just this morning talking about how they're not happy and they should be.

Trump then segues into: "The biggest problem was the test didn't work. That was not from us. That has been there a long time" and suggests that the fault lies with Obama.

The tests in question were developed by the CDC, WITHIN THE LAST 3 MONTHS. Literally since the beginning of THIS year. Obama has been out of office for nearly 4 years now.

Then, bizarrely -- or not, given that this the new normal -- Trump says: "You will see drugs being used like nobody has ever used them before, and people are going to be dying all over the place."

I thought at first he was talking about his repeated claims about untested drugs as a cure for the coronavirus. You know, aquarium cleaner. But, instead, he was talking about drug ABUSE. Not sure by who, but you can probably guess. You know what happens when "those" people stay home with nothing to do.

A CNN reporter tries to get Trump back to his comments about the governors of blue states having to be more "appreciative." Trump screams at him, "YOUR STATEMENT IS A LIE!"

The reporter was LITERALLY quoting Trump's own statement.

Literally quoting Trump.

Trump called those words a lie. I mean, he's not wrong, but still...

As proof of this, Trump starts bragging about how his press briefings are getting better ratings than The Bachelor and Monday Night Football.

"The enemy is death," declares Trump.

And we're done. Thanks for coming everybody. Hope to see you all tomorrow for another exciting episode of "Reality TV President!"
    a n t i l a g . c o m

13. Likes Sensible, p0630034 likes this post
    Fuckstains voted in a fuckstain. America is going "fantastic" but is operating under an $800bil deficit (yes, billion). All the money the government brings in from royalties, taxes, etc, PLUS 800bil a year. And that was before COVID-19. The country is doomed.

Oh, and RUSSIA is sending aid to the USA lol!
    Russia is airlifting humanitarian aid to the US
    According to a defence ministry statement, a Russian airforce plane left the Moscow region en route to the US.

It said the jet was carrying face masks and other protective medical equipment.

On Monday, following a phone call with his Russian counterpart, President Donald Trump said Russia was sending the US a "very, very large planeload of things".
    https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-...16?pfmredir=sm

Anyone else notice the report rhetoric has changed over the weekend....

'we need to be prepared for a pandemic' , 'suite of measures to prepare the state for a pandemic'///// ref: Govt directive and health advice -for Sunday 5th april.

- ?yet we are still going ahead with hard border closures....

- ?some of the states are playing battle of who can have the biggest fines/hardest restrictions etcetc.......

interesting times ahead especially since the initial hygiene and cutting down of static gatherings has had the biggest impact in Australia... yet still some numpties keep looking at data not relevant to our situation and saying things like
    ''stay home , everyone needs to stop working , why aren't we following that awesome NZ leader and locking everyone in for a month or more , look at whats happened in italy, look at whats happening in NY, I even had someone down the street the other day yell stay home at me when I drove past '' (fun facts when NZ went into ‘lokdown’ they had the same number of cases as WA, Also nearly all of the data is skewed due to not enough tests being done hence the Crude Death Rate /CDR, meaning that reported %ages dying is falsely high…)
    lol//////

so just like when a mate tells you his engine has been built to 14K rpm, or someone says they hit almost 200 in the quarter so they are going to smash 300 at Racewars as it is like a km...... or that mate who got tuned on a cooked dyno and has the sheet to prove it only the slip don't match.....numbers don't lie.... so PLEASE look at our local numbers and stop these dipshits from spreading the fear. Australia’s CDR is still massively low and that is with strict original testing measures. Australian population is still presenting at lower numbers of cases to hospitals and the number cuyrrently requiring critical/intensive intervention is LOW…..Low….low….

I do recommend following the advice direct from – the chief medical officers office…. The original advice is the best and if everyone followed just some of this general personal hygiene advice then society would be a lot healthier…..(note how no where in that is it mentioned that everyone has to stop living and let fear control your life….)..
    ////

it also messes with my ocd when (media and some govt people) don't know the correct terminology. Coronavirus 2 (Sars-Cov-2) is the virus that gives you a disease that is COVID-19 ..... in the same way an influenza virus can progress to a lung disease called pneumonia or HIV to Aids... not all infections with coronavirus-2 are progressing to the disease.

Simply (I can post more about this later) but the most important figures to keep an eye on is the number of cases currently hospitalised and the number of those cases that progress to critical/intensive care and intervention.
    ///// NOT THE TOTAL CASES........................

read that again....
    THE most important figures to keep an eye on is the number of cases currently hospitalised and the number of those cases that progress to critical/intensive care and intervention.
    ///// NOT THE TOTAL CASES........................

You know how supra drivers love having a massive turbo and their power curve is nothing nothing... bang......

This is what happened in some of the high volume places like europe and NY.....

Australia is NOT A BIG TURBO Supra ........

You know that mate that has a Subaru and it has been tuned and it has reasonable street car power that climbs steadily with a little dip and drop near the end…
    Well that is sort of like WA at the moment….

//

I pinched the above graphic from a 2010 subaru tune done by Tokyo motorsports (who actually do exceptional work by the way, I was going to use some of their EVO graphs but they were steeper and kept climbing…on an EVO a kiwi-lockdown tune combo’d with an across the border is going to keep you isolating in your car for happy times…. )
    I was going to mark up a super spiked supra graph and searched WTF auto but all I could find was graphs of decently tuned ones (so if you are at home and are one of those supra’s that got chopped by me like every Racewars, get your graph out get your car around to a real tuning shop that can tame your badly spiking coronatune… if you don’t stay below the curve you can overwhelm your tyres and spinning aint winning……

Remember

- - Money will not give you coronavirus unless you are using tainted notes to snort your gear
    - Wearing gloves for everything only contaminates everything else you touch whilst wearing gloves
    - Save the PPE for mechanics on the frontline of corona-tuning….

Disclaimer whilst this is a somewhat satirical dig at some things there is truth hidden in the content so stay safe and don’t let fear control you and if you have a shit tune , fix it before your car is sick and needs to be isolated at your local performance shop….. cause we all know how that is going to end (your going to need more than a 750 bailout to get it back)…………..

/////////
    team sports can go to hell. I'm never going to rely on some weak minded MufaF@#$ to help me win a game. Ill win it myself. George Leeman.

Dec 18th - House Impeaches Trump
    Jan 8th - First CDC warning
    Jan 9th - Trump campaign rally
    Jan 14th - Trump campaign rally
    Jan 16h - House sends impeachment articles to Senate
    Jan 18th - Trump golfs
    Jan 19th - Trump golfs
    Jan- 20th first case in South Korea
    Jan 20th - first case of corona virus in the US, Washington State.
    Jan 22nd - “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
    Jan 28th - Trump campaign rally
    Jan 30th - Trump campaign rally
    Feb 1st - Trump golfs
    Feb 2nd - “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China."
    Feb 5th - Senate votes to acquit. Then takes a five-day weekend.
    Feb 10th - Trump campaign rally
    Feb 12th - Dow Jones closes at an all time high of 29,551.42
    Feb 15h - Trump golfs
    Feb 19th - Trump campaign rally
    Feb 20th - Trump campaign rally
    Feb 21st - Trump campaign rally
    Feb 24th - “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
    Feb 25h - “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
    Feb 25h - “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
    Feb 26th - “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
    Feb 26th - “We're going very substantially down, not up.” Also "This is a flu. This is like a flu"; "Now, you treat this like a flu"; "It's a little like the regular flu that we have flu shots for. And we'll essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner."
    February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
    Feb 28th - “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”
    Feb 28th - Trump campaign rally
    March 2nd - “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”
    March 2nd - “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”
    March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”
    March 5th - “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”
    March 5th - “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”
    March 6th - “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”
    March 6th - “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”
    March 6th - “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”
    March 6th - “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”
    March 7th - Trump golfs
    March 8th - Trump golfs
    March 8th - “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”
    March 9th - “This blindsided the world.”
    March 13th - [Declared state of emergency]
    March 17th - “This is a pandemic,” Mr. Trump told reporters. “I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”
    March 18th - "It’s not racist at all. No. Not at all. It comes from China. That’s why. It comes from China. I want to be accurate."
    March 23th- Dow Jones closes at 18,591.93
    March 25th - 3.3 million Americans file for unemployment.
    March 30th - Dow Jones closes at 21,917.16
    April 2nd - 6.6 million Americans file for unemployment
    a n t i l a g . c o m

Exactly, trump is a big turbo supra lover and they showed him a dyno chart and he said, 'gimme that tune'.....

Does 5G cause Coronavirus? Short answer is no. Long answer is as follows.

Myth 1: Wuhan was the first place in the world to get 5G in October last year, hence they were the first to get the new Coronavirus in November last year.

FALSE. South Korea was the first to get 5G in April last year. They did not have their first Covid case until 20 Jan this year. USA was the second country to get 5G in April also last year and they didn't have their first case until 20 Jan.Germany was the third country to get 5G in June last year and their first case wasn't until 27 Jan this year. China got 5G in October last year and Wuhan was only one of several cities in China to get 5G around this time. The COVID disease originated in Wuhan in November last year and the spread of the virus can be clearly tracked. If 5G was the cause, then we should see Covid cases appearing in the order that 5G was introduced. This is NOT the case, so there is NO temporal (time) association between 5G and Covid.

Myth 2: Covid only affects the countries that have 5G.

FALSE. There are 34 countries in the world with 5G networks. There are now 201 countries in the world with Covid cases. Iran is an example of a country where there is no 5G with a lot of Covid cases (45,000). So there is NO geographical association between 5G and Covid.

Myth 3: Countries with more 5G towers have more cases of Covid.

FALSE. South Korea has the highest number of cities (85) with 5G availability, yet their Covid outbreak is well controlled. This can be attributed to their aggressive early testing. USA on the other hand is a much larger country than Korea yet only has 50 cities with 5G availability, and their Covid outbreak is now the largest in the world. This can be attributed to poor management. So there is NO dose-response relationship between Covid and 5G.

Myth 4: Viruses are made by poisoned cells in order to get rid of toxic waste products. Viruses are not harmful and not infectious.

FALSE. Please uppercut yourself if you believe this. Viruses are infectious particles that attach to and invade cells in order to take over the cell machinery. They then use the cell machinery to create more copies of themselves which infect other cells in the vicinity. In this process, the cell is damaged and can die, leading to inflammation and an immune response (release of cytokines including interferons, TNF-alpha and interleukins). This immune response is actually what causes symptoms of infection, such as fever, fatigue, headaches, and muscle aches, not the virus infection itself. This is why patients with a severely compromised immune system may not have a fever even though they have a severe infection. This is also why you may experience symptoms similar to the flu after a flu vaccine, because the immune response is being stimulated. Viruses have been studied extensively for the last 100 years and you can actually observe cells changing and dying in response to a viral infection through a microscope.

Myth 5: 5G radiation causes symptoms similar to Covid illness (shortness of breath and headache) because 60GHz radiation is absorbed by molecular oxygen and impairs binding of oxygen to haemoglobin (protein that binds oxygen in blood).

FALSE. There are no 5G networks that use 60GHz frequency at this time. Most networks are using frequencies around 3.5GHz, with gradually increasing usage of higher frequencies in the 28GHz range. It is true that 60GHz photons are absorbed by oxygen (O2) molecules, because that is one of the frequencies that can cause a change in the rotational state of oxygen in the gas phase. However, this is also the reason that the 60GHz frequency is NOT being used by any network at this time, because the signal is rapidly lost in only a short distance. There are theoretical benefits to 60GHz frequency use, which include less interference and increased ability to re-use frequencies which is why there are discussions about this frequency online. Even if 60GHz was being used, the change in the rotational state of oxygen would only be observed for a fraction of a second, as the energy would quickly be dissipated into the surrounding air. In addition, only one out of trillions and trillions of oxygen molecules in the air would be affected by this. So there is NO plausible biological mechanism for 5G causing symptoms similar to Covid.

Myth 6: Ok ok, maybe 5G doesn't cause Coronavirus, but it is still harmful to our health.

MAYBE but probably not. Both 5G and visible light are made up of photons. 5G technology uses frequencies up to 95GHz. Visible light is made up of photons that have a frequency 10,000 times higher (400-800THz), and so the energy per photon is a corresponding 10,000 times higher. Even the energy per photon in visible light is much lower than the energy required to knock electrons off atoms (ionization). In addition, we are exposed to a tremendous amount of visible light radiation (along with infrared and UV radiation) everyday from the sun, which is millions, if not billions, of times higher than any radiation that we would receive from 5G technology. Therefore I do not see how 5G radiation could be any more harmful to our health than infrared radiation or visible radiation, which we are exposed to in much larger amounts. The studies on radiofrequency radiation is conflicting, with the majority finding no association between exposure and cancer, but there are a few studies that show a small association. The studies that showed these associations are not well-designed and have flaws in their methods that make me skeptical of the results. Based on the current evidence, radiofrequency radiation is classed as a Group 2B carcinogen (possibly causes cancer in humans). Kava extract and aloe vera extract are also Group 2B carcinogens. That being said, I cannot say for certain that prolonged low-level exposure to radiofrequency or microwavefrequency is not harmful to health. Even if it was, the effect is likely to be extremely minimal (far less than the effect of processed meats or alcohol).
    a n t i l a g . c o m

20. Likes dmanvan likes this post
    What if I look up at the sun to get vitamins while I use my 5G......???

- Myth: wearing gloves when you go to the shops will stop you getting conrona'd
    Fact: medical professional only use gloves between patients if they wore them most of the day they would get their ass kicked as they would be spreading infection....

//

Quote Originally Posted by dmanvan View Post
    What if I look up at the sun to get vitamins while I use my 5G......???

- Myth: wearing gloves when you go to the shops will stop you getting conrona'd
    Fact: medical professional only use gloves between patients if they wore them most of the day they would get their ass kicked as they would be spreading infection....

//
    not so much about 5G but I know someone who believes that wearing sunglasses can lead to cancel as it stops vital sunrays getting through your eyes or something to that effect.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4