Volatile Customs
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Corona

Quote Originally Posted by summoner View Post
    I'm ok with this.. 6 months would be some lol money to throw around at stupid shit stimulating the economy.
    I'd be happier with it if they effectively extended the loans by that amount instead. This way will just lead to people spending less in six months than they otherwise would.

Come down with a sore throat, no idea really what to do as docs are closed and the clinic does not accept anyone without you being overseas or in contact with someone with Corona.

Wouldn't really bother me but for the fact that I work in Disability services and if I went to work with it, I know of two clients who would be knocking on deaths door if caught.
    08 XR6 Turbo - Daily
    06 VZ S2 Maloo - Unicorn

Definitely don't go to work

4. Likes Socrates likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Evman View Post
    Definitely don't go to work
    Aw I didn't, called in sick.

Problem is trying to get tested to actually confirm or not. Work is already struggling due to 14 day isolations, more full time staff going down is not good at all. Especially considering it's a critical service.

So the idea of missing merely because I can't get a test just sucks.
    08 XR6 Turbo - Daily
    06 VZ S2 Maloo - Unicorn

Ah yep. Well that's the joys of a two week incubation period, an economy already teetering, and not enough testing kits to go around.

Any other FIFO people that were looking forward to flying home this week for a quiet pub feed now going home to Mi Goreng noodles?

If this is a type of person in your life right now, smother them with a pillow. ASAP.
    a n t i l a g . c o m

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    If this is a type of person in your life right now, smother them with a pillow. ASAP.
    Ah yes, because science. But doesn't know the difference between 5G and 5Ghz WiFi.

If only Covid attached the weak minded as well.

10. Likes TJ likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by LostInTheWoods View Post
    If only Covid attached the weak minded as well.
    You mean like the ones still hitting the beach etc?

Have people here been impacted work wise etc?
    a n t i l a g . c o m

Wifes complete office for South32 are all working from home, Worsley is on essential only.

We had the start of the week off and shut our job sites down just so our management/ohs could define what is going on etc and what the government could and what they are actually doing etc. They got rid of the casuals and subbies that were directly working for us and it is now only full time or apprentices on site/office.

Work is still "as normal" for me except:

Social distancing enforced
    No more than 4 people in smoko room at all times
    All office staff bar a few are working from home
    Self dec form must be done before coming to work
    Self temperature tests must be done before work
    Shifts are also getting split up in case one crew gets infected, there is another crew that can continue working
    2003 EVOLANDER ^_^

I normally work in the BHp building but for the last 2 weeks been working from home & no site trips - this could go on for months

My work is essential and not economy based so it's safe.

One mates music touring company is in the toilet, though mums work has increased in staff x3 fold due to demand (home made food delivery)
    08 XR6 Turbo - Daily
    06 VZ S2 Maloo - Unicorn

Old peoples homes have just gone into lockdown (tomorrow 6pm) - Family cant visit my wifes grandmother at all - going to be very hard for her to understand & who knows how long this could last

What about all the Happy Clappers in the US, just wait till these covid death clusters start coming out of church groups & affecting the general public FFS

With religion & Trump the USA is seriously fucked

Just flew to site all food are in plastic containers you asked what you want and go back to your donger for dinner
    People are still drinking outside at a required distance

I had 10 jobs cancel this week , 0 bookings for next week and imaginary wife had 95% of her work stop once pubs , clubs etc closed , hours cut down staff let go .. Fun Times :P

Even the pubs closed no skimpy

Just transitioned to work from home fully. Wife's work is deemed essential as food manufacturing so she still has to go into the office even though everyone else there is WFH.

Do people think this is feasible or does someone want to poke holes in this theory?
    Russia has reported cases and China is now back on the rise again with new cases.
    There was also reports of China buying up stock of masks etc from Australia just at the start or the outbreak let alone other countries.

The corona Virus travelled entire world from Wuhan but it did not reach Beijing and Shanghai... can anybody put light?

Looks So Logical....After all Chinese Stock Market didn't crash....American and European Markets did....

Destroy other markets and be ready to capture them in every way

How to dominate the world quickly?

THE GREAT CHINESE STAGE

1. Create a virus and the antidote.

2. Spread the virus.

3. A demonstration of efficiency, building hospitals in a few days. After all, you were already prepared, with the projects, ordering the equipment, hiring the labor, the water and sewage network, the prefabricated building materials and stocked in an impressive volume.

4. Cause chaos in the world, starting with Europe.

5. Quickly plaster the economy of dozens of countries.

6. Stop production lines in factories in other countries.

7. Cause stock markets to fall and buy companies at a bargain price.

8. Quickly control the epidemic in your country. After all, you were already prepared.

9. Lower the price of commodities, including the price of oil you buy on a large scale.

10. Get back to producing quickly while the world is at a standstill. Buy what you negotiated cheaply in the crisis and sell more expensive what is lacking in countries that have paralyzed their industries.

PS: Pl read the book by Chinese colonels Qiao Liang and Wang Xiangsui, from 1999, “Unrestricted Warfare: China’s master plan to destroy America”, on Amazon. It's all there.

Worth pondering..
    Just Think about this...

How come Russia & North Korea are totally free of Covid- 19? Because they are staunch ally of China. Not a single case reported from this 2 countries. On the other hand South Korea / United Kingdom / Italy / Spain and Asia are severely hit. How come Wuhan is suddenly free from the deadly virus?

China will say that their drastic initial measures they took was very stern and Wuhan was locked down to contain the spread to other areas. I am sure they are using the Anti dode of the virus.

Why Beijing was not hit? Why only Wuhan? Kind of interesting to ponder upon.. right? Well ..Wuhan is open for business now. America and all the above mentioned countries are devastated financially. Soon American economy will collapse as planned by China. China knows it CANNOT defeat America militarily as USA is at present

THE MOST POWERFUL country in the world. So use the virus...to cripple the economy and paralyse the nation and its Defense capabilities. I'm sure Nancy Pelosi got a part in this. . to topple Trump. Lately President Trump was always telling of how GREAT American economy was improving in all fronts. The only way to destroy his vision of making AMERICA GREAT AGAIN is to create an economic havoc. Nancy Pelosi was unable to bring down Trump thru impeachment. ....so work along with China to destroy Trump by releasing a virus. Wuhan,s epidemic was a showcase. At the peak of the virus epidemic. ..

China's President Xi Jinping...just wore a simple RM1 facemask to visit those effected areas. As President he should be covered from head to toe.....but it was not the case. He was already injected to resist any harm from the virus....that means a cure was already in place before the virus was released.

Some may ask....Bill Gates already predicted the outbreak in 2015...so the chinese agenda cannot be true. The answer is. ..YES...Bill Gates did predict. .but that prediction is based on a genuine virus outbreak. Now China is also telling that the virus was predicted well in advance. ....so that its agenda would play along well to match that prediction. China,s vision is to control the World economy by buying up stocks now from countries facing the brink of severe ECONOMIC COLLAPSE. Later China will announce that their Medical Researchers have found a cure to destroy the virus. Now China have other countries stocks in their arsenal and these countries will soon be slave to their master...CHINA

24. Likes Zeus likes this post
    Deemed as a highly critical staff member in the federal government. Apparently in the event of a full lock-down my pass will allow me to still go out and get into the building if i need to.

My job is safe, however i know a lot around me are already suffering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchy View Post
    Tyson's had a cock pulled on him before, you'll be hard pressed to sneak anything past him now-a-days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
    Biggest oh shit moment was my own stupid fault, late at night Tyson & I were being a bit silly and giving it a fist full.

Working from home as of today, fortunately my work I can do simple enough via VPN/etc.. short of our warehouse staff our business is pretty well sorted out to WFH other than needing more licenses for our VPN.. guess helped dad was a full blown IT nerd when he was still involved so laid good foundations even way back then.

Cracked a beer at 10am.

Kids been wanting to come "help" me a fair bit but they've settled and we did spend some time out the front running around.. being somewhat productive now.

I’ve been chatting to my main builders and they have about 3 months of projects on the go as of today, but obviously not selling anything at the moment so the Residential building industry will be fine for the short term but June/July is when it will hit hard
    If the virus and lockdowns are sorted by then it will take another 3 plus months to come back online with lending and approvals taking time
    Nismo Sauras Jr 290hp and 450kg

61.3 Long track Wanneroo,
    52.4 Short track Wanneroo
    46.55 Collie

Patiently waiting for the home reno’s to be finished before more aero mods to break those times above

28. Likes Pete likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
    I’ve been chatting to my main builders and they have about 3 months of projects on the go as of today, but obviously not selling anything at the moment so the Residential building industry will be fine for the short term but June/July is when it will hit hard
    If the virus and lockdowns are sorted by then it will take another 3 plus months to come back online with lending and approvals taking time
    I'm in the same boat. Issue is what's in the pipeline prior to heading to site and finance approval.
    I have been working from home as of this week and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
    However I still need to run into the office to grab files and printing large format.

I've heard a part of Europe are now in lock-down till June.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast