WA Performance
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: F1 2020

And Official! Dan to Mclaren!

Well it has to be a step up from a Renault.

As much as I like to see sons of famous racing fathers having a go and going good Im not sure I quite understand why Ferrari chased Sainz. Home grown bias aside, surely Dan is a better fit?

3. Likes dmanvan likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by djr81 View Post
    Well it has to be a step up from a Renault.

As much as I like to see sons of famous racing fathers having a go and going good Im not sure I quite understand why Ferrari chased Sainz. Home grown bias aside, surely Dan is a better fit?
    From what I am reading Dan gave Ferrari the flick to head to McLaren which then gave way for Sainz. McLaren will be switching from Renault to the Merc power unit from 2021.

Mclaren is a smart move, made bank with Renault on a chance they might make some progress - jumped to a team taking on a superior power unit and some pace!

6. Likes mr_rotary, dmanvan likes this post
    Dan Vs X Carlos comes down to $$$$ and age
    One is 30ish and charging $40mill and the other is 25 and probably on $4mill

Id know which Id choose for value and talent
    Nismo Sauras Jr 290hp and 450kg

61.3 Long track Wanneroo,
    52.4 Short track Wanneroo
    46.55 Collie

Patiently waiting for the home renos to be finished before more aero mods to break those times above

Yeah but since when do Ferrari give a shit about how much anything costs?

Cost wasn't the issue.. do you honestly think Dan would have fit in well at Ferrari's culture? I know his dad was gutted that it didn't happen but the environment is going to be far more suitable for Dan at McLaren. Zak has turned the team around from an uptight serious outfit that was going pretty bad to a much more carefree/fun place which is making real progress.

Sainz is a far better fit for Ferrari culturally and marketing wise.. His name is wildly popular not just in Spain but globally thanks to his dad.

Now we just need to see how silly this season gets with Toto having some good things to say about Vettel coming to MGP and the rumours of Alonso to Renault..

What a corker of a season 2021 would be.

10. Likes Alt_F4 likes this post
    They thought well of a Canadian bloke who was known for having a crack. And a Brummie with a crap moustache. And a French bloke with a bad perm. And various Germans/Austrians etc etc.

I dont know what culture doesnt fit. For Dan, his heritage would go down well, he is as quick as anyone. You'd hope the days of Machiavellian nonsense have long passed. Hmm, maybe not.

Would be good to see Alonso back in a competitive Renault. Really good. Actually it would be good to see anyone other than the same three teams be competitive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5