TKO Tinting
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Best 55-60" tv under 1k Nov 2019

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,985,312

    Best 55-60" tv under 1k Nov 2019

    I've finally decided to replace my Kevin Rudd stimulus era 40" 720p Panasonic plasma.
    What would you buy and why?

    I've got a Chromecast ultra / xbox and media pc so I can live without smarts

    Happy to purchase a soundbar

    Like watching sport and playing games if that affects it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckets View Post
    Lewis is King of the flogs, a talented one I admit but he is #1 Champion of the Cumsocks and there's not really anyone who's even remotely close aside.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    1,147
    Hisense make some decent bang for buck 4K tv's.

    Currently on sale at JB HIFI
    https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/h...-smart-uled-tv

  3. Likes p0630034 likes this post
  4. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    NOR!
    Posts
    306
    Have a 65" Series 7 Hisense and it's awesome. Would think the 55" panel is comparable. On sale this week too!

    https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/h...-smart-uled-tv

  5. Likes summoner likes this post
  6. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    33,210
    Quote Originally Posted by p0630034 View Post
    Have a 65" Series 7 Hisense and it's awesome. Would think the 55" panel is comparable. On sale this week too!

    https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/h...-smart-uled-tv
    I've got one, am a fan.

    Bang for buck can't be beaten imho.

    Mines plugged into a soundbar - imho all the tv's sound junk until your spending big bucks.
    a n t i l a g . c o m

  7. Likes summoner, p0630034 likes this post
  8. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    1,147
    Quote Originally Posted by p0630034 View Post
    Have a 65" Series 7 Hisense and it's awesome. Would think the 55" panel is comparable. On sale this week too!

    https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/h...-smart-uled-tv
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I've got one, am a fan.

    Bang for buck can't be beaten imho.

    Mines plugged into a soundbar - imho all the tv's sound junk until your spending big bucks.
    Probably all bought ours when they were doing their decent specials bit over a year ago. I've also got the 65" N7 haha. Only gripe I have is that I should have gone for the 75"

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Boogie Down Bayswater
    Posts
    1,721

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    33,210
    They are fucking junk - so many returns and dead out of the box on those.

    Mark - Jess's olds have the 75.. you should have
    a n t i l a g . c o m

  11. Likes summoner likes this post
  12. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    965
    My sony did everything they are raving about 3+ years ago.
    Sure it was more expensive but 3 years is an eternity for TV tech.

  13. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,985,312
    Picked up a p7 on clearance for $750

    As far as I can tell less smart but 200hz vs 100hz

    I could see the difference in store. Raced home with it on roof racks between downpours. "no warranty if it gets wet mate"

    4k test video running at the moment. Mind blown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckets View Post
    Lewis is King of the flogs, a talented one I admit but he is #1 Champion of the Cumsocks and there's not really anyone who's even remotely close aside.

  14. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    627
    Anyone know anything about PCL TV's ?
    Looking at getting a 65" during Xmas sales and not sure what to buy for minimal bucks
    Actually for daughter and grandson but might upgrade myself from the 50" while I'm there
    Can't have anything with a dedicated youtube button on the remote... like all the Kogans.
    Daughter won't let grandson use it (he's 4)

    https://www.harveynorman.com.au/tcl-...-smart-tv.html

  15. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    33,210
    Quote Originally Posted by dattoman View Post
    Anyone know anything about PCL TV's ?
    Looking at getting a 65" during Xmas sales and not sure what to buy for minimal bucks
    Actually for daughter and grandson but might upgrade myself from the 50" while I'm there
    Can't have anything with a dedicated youtube button on the remote... like all the Kogans.
    Daughter won't let grandson use it (he's 4)

    https://www.harveynorman.com.au/tcl-...-smart-tv.html
    TCL do a good TV for the money also - similar specs to a Hisense. Won't go wrong on that one linked. Most of the TV's will have a dedicated youtube or netflix button.
    a n t i l a g . c o m

  16. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    12,603
    are the hinsense any good? spotted a 75" smart tv for $1,795 at JBs and thought that was excellent value
    R32 GTR - Kippah Performance Signature Series

    Quote Originally Posted by masTers View Post
    DAMO PLZ

    Antilag.com can't afford to keep forking out for magazine subscriptions every time you offend someone

  17. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    SOR
    Posts
    338

  18. Dislikes TJ dislikes this post
  19. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    33,210

  20. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    SOR
    Posts
    338
    Pity - all the 75" TV's have gone. Must have been snapped up quickly..

  21. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    perth
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Senator View Post
    Pity - all the 75" TV's have gone. Must have been snapped up quickly..
    You should see more sales soon, stores will want to clear 2019 stock.

  22. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    627
    $636 for a 65" is a bit of a bargain

  23. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by dattoman View Post
    $636 for a 65" is a bit of a bargain
    Picked my 65" TCL up today for $636

  24. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    NOR!
    Posts
    306
    If anyone is still looking.

    https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/494271

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts