TKO Tinting
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Caleb's 2002 S15 GT

Caleb's 2002 S15 GT

Hey guys,

Good mate of mine has used this forum for years and i always love having a flick through people's build threads to see how far their car's have come.
    Anyway, i picked the Silvia up in July 2018, relatively bone stock exterior besides a set of terrible Rota G-Force wheels. it did however, come with some goodies already bolted on that made a great foundation for a neat street car. I'm not nor ever will be a massive power guy, so the response and drive ability the car displayed made for a great driving experience. Some of the mods listed came with the car, others i've installed myself.

Basic rundown of the car is as follows;
    - 2002 Nissan Silvia 200SX S15 Spec S GT (ADM)
    - Stock VCT SR20 + Standard Chocolate 6 Speed Gearbox
    - APC Heavy Duty Clutch
    - Apexi PowerFC Djetro
    - Nismo 740CC Injectors
    - Deatschwerks DW200 Fuel Pump
    - HKS GTRS Turbo
    - HKS EVC-S Electronic Boost Controller
    - 3 Inch Turboback Exhaust + Decat
    - Custom Intake Piping
    - Greddy Intercooler Kit
    - Racing Gear JTC N1 Coilovers
    - KKR Rear Camber Arms
    - Whiteline Front Strut Brace
    - DBA T4000 Slotted Rotors F+R / DBA Track/Street Pads

Probably more i've forgotten but for the most part, thats largely the setup.

The exterior i have tried to keep extremely OEM +. I grew out of the tacky mods after experimenting with my Corolla Sportivo and with guidance from my bestmates feel like i've come up with a nice example of a street driven Silvia.
    - OEM Front bumper + OEM Foglight Cover Inserts (Not pictured at the moment)
    - JSAI Front Lip/Splitter suit OEM front bumper
    - OEM JDM Rear Bumper
    - JSAI Aero Sideskirts
    - JSAI Sideskirt Extensions
    - JSAI Aero Rear Pods
    - JSAI Rear Pod Extensions
    - OEM GT Wing - Centre Post+Brake Light delete + Small Wing Extensions
    - Nismo Side Indicators
    - Genuine Silvia 'S' Badge
    - Yashio Full LED Taillights w/ Sequential LED indicators
    - Work // JDM Concept GT5-3P - 18x9+19 O Disk and 18X9+24 A Disk + Work // JDM Concept Centrecaps
    - Bridgestone Potenza RE003 in 235/40/18 Front and Rear

2. Likes confuzion, butters, p0630034, 1aaron, Daveo, Damo 69 likes this post
    The interior of the car is still fairly simple. The GT model received some chrome touches to the trim such as the shifter surround and the door handles and a pair of Leather seats that are fracking terrible. They look good, but they remind me of the janky leather seats Nissan also put into the 350z's. Genuinely one of the most uncomfy seats i've had the pleasure of enjoying.

Interior goodies;
    - Junk GT Leather Seats
    - JDM Converted Steering Wheel (Nicer steering wheel centre featuring the S15 'S'
    - Genuine Defi Gauges (Oil Temp, Oil Pressure and Boost Pressure) + Defi Controller Unit
    - Apexi PowerFC Commander - New OLED type
    - Some weird red JDMASFARQ tassels
    - Genuine Nismo Shift Knob

Beyond what i have now, i'm just doing some tidying up of the engine bay that will include an addition of a catch can complimented by a pair of stealth black braided line and some nice paint thrown throughout.
    Next up;
    -Mitsubishi Evolution Brembo F+R // Alpha Omega Adaptor Kit // Braided Lines // BM57 // DBA T4000 Rotors
    -326Power Smoked Lenses to replace my faded OEM kit
    -Engine bay goodies

4. Likes Nugs, dmanvan, S13, Daveo, TJ likes this post
    Tidy!
    a n t i l a g . c o m

Nice write up man, I look forward to seeing what you replace those slippery leather seats out with.
    "I can't believe I ate the whole thing"

7. Likes Humble15 likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveo View Post
    Nice write up man, I look forward to seeing what you replace those slippery leather seats out with.
    Thanks Benj, fingers crossed for a comfy pair of seats in the near future.

Love the look of these and such a tidy one!

Will have a set of Evo brembo calipers up for sale shortly if you're interested.
    Track Hack - 2001 Evo VII - 420hp at the hubs, 2.2 stroker, FP Red - 2019 Racewars Hillclimb outright 6th
    Weekender - 1988 Mercedes-Benz 300SE

Quote Originally Posted by butters View Post
    Love the look of these and such a tidy one!

Will have a set of Evo brembo calipers up for sale shortly if you're interested.
    Thanks dude!
    Fortunately i've already picked up a set, they do look good on the shelf though

11. Likes butters likes this post
    Awesome S15 GT, hopefully you can find some better front Seats

I really should get one of these before they go crazy in price once they open up to the US market.....

Quote Originally Posted by Byah! View Post
    I really should get one of these before they go crazy in price once they open up to the US market.....
    Was having this conversation last night, do you they will go insane like the GTR prices?

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Awesome S15 GT, hopefully you can find some better front Seats
    Thanks man and theyre on the wishlist! I think id like to get some things done in the bay before i go changing the seats, they genuinely suck though. Much prefer the normal cloth style.
    As for the price in regards to the US market, id probably expect these to cap at around 30k for a tidy one. A bonus now aswell is that the ADM's are now P-plate legal over east, meaning more are going to be written off and desirable for the young ones wanting to become Porl Workler.

In other news, i've dropped the Brembos off to Owen at Meltham Motors for a makeover. Can't beat a set of big brakes behind some quality wheels.

The classic brembo red, before restoration.

16. Likes Daveo likes this post
    Nice blanket
    "I can't believe I ate the whole thing"

18. Likes Humble15 likes this post
    Freshly painted by Owen, fantastic result and i can't wait to see them in person! Will look alot better than the stock 15 calipers in the yellow.

Last edited by Humble15; 05-11-2019 at 08:32 PM.

20. Likes confuzion, Daveo likes this post
    Little bit of an update today. Following up from a yellow sticker in December the car went over pits easily. Wasn't a bad thing by any means, just gave me an opportunity to tidy up some things i wasn't overly impressed with. Passed first-go on a set of stock wheels and i took the opportunity to replace the JTC N1 coilovers for some brand new BC BR Golds.
    Everything that could be permitted were permitted and genuinely wouldn't be phased if the car was stickered down the track again.

Over the summer break from Uni i also ordered a set of 326Power Smoked Lens from Japan and took my old, faded headlights apart and replaced them with the brand new lenses and seals.
    Stoked with the outcome and i'm glad they came out as nice as they did.

In other news, i've picked up a Genuine R34 GTR BM57 Master cylinder for the upcoming Evo Brembo swap. Still slowly accumulating the parts needed for the brake swap, still saving up for the adaptors, rotors and handbrake setup. Fingers crossed ill have the setup ready in the midyear ready to bolt up.

22. Likes confuzion, p0630034 likes this post
    love it, has been a few very tidy s15s surfacing as of late.
    R32 GTR - Kippah Performance Signature Series

Quote Originally Posted by masTers View Post
    DAMO PLZ

Antilag.com can't afford to keep forking out for magazine subscriptions every time you offend someone

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Was having this conversation last night, do you they will go insane like the GTR prices?
    I would think they are in a similar position to a 34r?

Last of the 90's run, Lowest production numbers and prob most desirable of the three generations of silvia.....like the 34r "appreciation formula" is there.

As to how mad the market will go, who knows. But I think its fair to say they wont be as big (% gain wise) as the gtr given its not held in the same high regard and does not have the "traditional" (non drift) motor sport heritage.

Quick look on scum tree yeilds very few results....makes me nervous...over here in Canada they are selling for higher prices...but then RHD fd's are cheaper than Australia...

Finally managed to get everything sorted for the brake swap! i'm blown away with the braking performance and stoked with how well the brembos fill up the wheels.
    This swap required:
    -Evo Brembo Calipers // Painted by Meltham Motors in Honda's YR63 Copper
    -Alpha Omega Racing S/R Chassis adaptors F+R
    -Custom HEL braided lines to suit S15
    -Project MU Bspec Pads F+R
    -DBA T3 4000 EVO 10 F // 370Z R (350MM Rotors)
    -Genuine R34 GTR BM57 Master Cylinder
    -Z32 Handbrake setup + R33 Handbrake cables

26. Likes confuzion likes this post
    Couple updated photos of the car with the brakes too.

Unsure what to do next, not really motivated to dump money into it and get some power out of it just yet. Probably going to tidy up the bay next as it's fairly affordable and makes it look unshit.

28. Likes Stefanoh, DAN [GTI], TJ, confuzion, Nugs, MMM, dmanvan, big o likes this post
    Looks HOT!!!!!! Love The S15's

Love this.
    '90 VN SS resto project
    '99 Evo 6 - sold
    inkarbon.com.au - for your carbon fibre goodies & fuel pump hard wiring kits!

Nice bro!
    02' Lexus GS300
    87' VL Calais Turbo
    95' FZJ80 Landcruiser (for sale)
    98' S14.5
    89' Infinity Q45a
    current daily - x-type jag

+ Reply to Thread