TKO Tinting
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Racewars Albany 2020 Thread

Haahah - some bloody good memories.. and a fucked bank account ever since.
    I may have been involved in dealing a thrashing out to two young punks at Wyldkatchem back in the early days, then there is stories and piss swilling with Zelko, Damo and a few other crew all whilst sippin Patron. Yep the goat track days were fucking fun

2. Likes Socrates, DISTRBD, dmanvan likes this post
    RW FB update this time hopefully with some pretty pics ( THanks to TJ's tutorial, I hope he signed up for image hosting kickbacks )..

//

We all know that way back in 2012 this photo of the O.G. Racewars runway in Wylie got posted on Antilag.com.

We all know that they went out there after a boozy conversation at The Flying Scotsman about going racing on a runway escalated slightly & those involved drunkenly agreed to look in to it.

What you might not know is that shortly after the runway photo went viral Jon & Brockas were driving back to Perth wondering how they were going to actually run an event! Ever inquisitive about the true capabilities of rental cars Jon took a "shortcut" and got them bogged to the sills for 3+ hours in the middle of nowhere.

Paul being a bit of a princess wouldn't get out of the car because he didn't want to get his shoes dirty and Jon couldn't dig the car out so it wasn't until some farmers came past on their way home that the guys got towed out.

Back on their way $50 lighter for their troubles they got back in to phone reception and saw the mayhem that had erupted in the comments section. It appeared you guys had settled on the events name for them while they were "otherwise occupied"...

You were already calling it Racewars. The name stuck and that's how Australia's largest, fastest and most successful runway racing event got it's name.

That's just one of our #RWstories. There's plenty more and since we don't take ourselves too seriously we're sure there's plenty more to come for ourselves but most importantly for you all as well.

#RW20 #stepyourgameup #unfinishedbusiness

//////
    team sports can go to hell. I'm never going to rely on some weak minded MufaF@#$ to help me win a game. Ill win it myself. George Leeman.

Did my dad's & brothers entries a couple of weeks ago

Hadn't really made my mind up on entering since I was happy with my 202mph from this year. Since then the car has had injectors replaced (2 were down 10% to the rest & have been in there for 3-4 years), done 2 roll racing events & then gearbox was removed about 3 months ago for dad's car (trans-brake in mine & dont use it) was pushed out to the back yard and sat there ever since.

I had thought about going to haltech setup as well for better boost control, but that's a $4k exercise once you include harness, wideband, dash.

Anyway...
    Yesterday a 2nd hand dash come up for sale, so i have picked that up.

Put my own entry in today, If i get enough time in the very least i just need to wire in the existing boot controller to an rpm signal and then setup the avc-r's gear detection & stick with the factory ecu for another year. if i dont go balls deep and replace it with a haltech.

regardless i'll probably do very few runs with mine and see if the 7 year old motor will take 30psi and hold together for sunday morning. Max i've ever ran so far is 24psi.
    When boost is life....
    2001 - VT Exec Drag Car - 6.6lt Twin Turbo - 1000whp?
    2002 - VX Berlina Drag Car - 6.7lt Twin Turbo - 1200whp?
    2002 - VY SS UTE A6 - 6lt Single Turbo - 630whp
    2009 - VE SSV UTE A6 - 6.6lt Supercharged - 700whp?
    2017 - Holden Colorado - 2.8lt TD - 206whp

5. Likes Socrates, p0630034, heavyduty1340, dmanvan likes this post
    CASH DAYS is making a return.... and personally this was a fun event to watch for our family. The atmosphere of the runway at night is really great and the viewing and everything else the crew now have should make this one really epic.....

////

Since our inaugural Cash Days back in 2017 The Amazing South Coast locals have stepped up & claimed it as their own.

It seem based on that previous form the guys (and girls) in The Great Southern know how to get down a street surfaced runway better than the rest of us.

The classes and call outs for BTG Mechanical Cash Days 2020 haven't been set yet so while we want our entrants to make it their event we think it might be time to add a "State of Origin" style vibe to the event and have a Great Southern V The Rest competition on the side?

Let us know what you want to see. Time is running out for your suggestions to help us decide how to set the nights racing up!

///////////////////
    team sports can go to hell. I'm never going to rely on some weak minded MufaF@#$ to help me win a game. Ill win it myself. George Leeman.

7. Likes Socrates likes this post
    With Race Revolution (1/2 Mile event on East Coast) not running this year to low numbers , Temora km event(went bi-annual) it is good to know that across another ditch at a distance of a return drive from Perth to Sydney... Runway type racing is going off.......

and they are getting some fast speeds to boot....

RWD record went from 329km/h in2018 to 347.15 in 2019 (by Supra)
    AWD record went from 356 km/h to 360 km/h in 2019 (by R35)

At least one of those should give the 2JZ BOOYS something to aim for instead of themselves for once............. ....

And we now know where to send all the Roadbike riders who have these bikes that will do 350 cause they can get 200 in a 1/4 .... they can crowdfund their way to SA and see what they are made of....

//////

From RW FB update "" The Racewars Radio lads appear to have found another 1000m event held in South Africa of all places. The red dust has us thinking back to Wylie but the 360km/h VMAX has us thinking we can't let the Saffa's top speed beat us at Racewars 2020!

Who's going to step up for Australia and beat the boet's!""

/////////////////////

#stepyourgameup ......................

9. Likes Socrates likes this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2