ITP Racecars
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Racewars Albany 2020 Thread

Haahah - some bloody good memories.. and a fucked bank account ever since.
    I may have been involved in dealing a thrashing out to two young punks at Wyldkatchem back in the early days, then there is stories and piss swilling with Zelko, Damo and a few other crew all whilst sippin Patron. Yep the goat track days were fucking fun

2. Likes Damo 69, Socrates, DISTRBD, dmanvan likes this post
    RW FB update this time hopefully with some pretty pics ( THanks to TJ's tutorial, I hope he signed up for image hosting kickbacks )..

//

We all know that way back in 2012 this photo of the O.G. Racewars runway in Wylie got posted on Antilag.com.

We all know that they went out there after a boozy conversation at The Flying Scotsman about going racing on a runway escalated slightly & those involved drunkenly agreed to look in to it.

What you might not know is that shortly after the runway photo went viral Jon & Brockas were driving back to Perth wondering how they were going to actually run an event! Ever inquisitive about the true capabilities of rental cars Jon took a "shortcut" and got them bogged to the sills for 3+ hours in the middle of nowhere.

Paul being a bit of a princess wouldn't get out of the car because he didn't want to get his shoes dirty and Jon couldn't dig the car out so it wasn't until some farmers came past on their way home that the guys got towed out.

Back on their way $50 lighter for their troubles they got back in to phone reception and saw the mayhem that had erupted in the comments section. It appeared you guys had settled on the events name for them while they were "otherwise occupied"...

You were already calling it Racewars. The name stuck and that's how Australia's largest, fastest and most successful runway racing event got it's name.

That's just one of our #RWstories. There's plenty more and since we don't take ourselves too seriously we're sure there's plenty more to come for ourselves but most importantly for you all as well.

#RW20 #stepyourgameup #unfinishedbusiness

//////
    team sports can go to hell. I'm never going to rely on some weak minded MufaF@#$ to help me win a game. Ill win it myself. George Leeman.

Did my dad's & brothers entries a couple of weeks ago

Hadn't really made my mind up on entering since I was happy with my 202mph from this year. Since then the car has had injectors replaced (2 were down 10% to the rest & have been in there for 3-4 years), done 2 roll racing events & then gearbox was removed about 3 months ago for dad's car (trans-brake in mine & dont use it) was pushed out to the back yard and sat there ever since.

I had thought about going to haltech setup as well for better boost control, but that's a $4k exercise once you include harness, wideband, dash.

Anyway...
    Yesterday a 2nd hand dash come up for sale, so i have picked that up.

Put my own entry in today, If i get enough time in the very least i just need to wire in the existing boot controller to an rpm signal and then setup the avc-r's gear detection & stick with the factory ecu for another year. if i dont go balls deep and replace it with a haltech.

regardless i'll probably do very few runs with mine and see if the 7 year old motor will take 30psi and hold together for sunday morning. Max i've ever ran so far is 24psi.
    When boost is life....
    2001 - VT Exec Drag Car - 6.6lt Twin Turbo - 1000whp?
    2002 - VX Berlina Drag Car - 6.7lt Twin Turbo - 1200whp?
    2002 - VY SS UTE A6 - 6lt Single Turbo - 650whp
    2009 - VE SSV UTE A6 - 6.6lt Supercharged - 905whp
    2017 - Holden Colorado - 2.8lt TD - 206whp

5. Likes Socrates, p0630034, heavyduty1340, dmanvan likes this post
    CASH DAYS is making a return.... and personally this was a fun event to watch for our family. The atmosphere of the runway at night is really great and the viewing and everything else the crew now have should make this one really epic.....

////

Since our inaugural Cash Days back in 2017 The Amazing South Coast locals have stepped up & claimed it as their own.

It seem based on that previous form the guys (and girls) in The Great Southern know how to get down a street surfaced runway better than the rest of us.

The classes and call outs for BTG Mechanical Cash Days 2020 haven't been set yet so while we want our entrants to make it their event we think it might be time to add a "State of Origin" style vibe to the event and have a Great Southern V The Rest competition on the side?

Let us know what you want to see. Time is running out for your suggestions to help us decide how to set the nights racing up!

///////////////////
    team sports can go to hell. I'm never going to rely on some weak minded MufaF@#$ to help me win a game. Ill win it myself. George Leeman.

7. Likes Socrates likes this post
    With Race Revolution (1/2 Mile event on East Coast) not running this year to low numbers , Temora km event(went bi-annual) it is good to know that across another ditch at a distance of a return drive from Perth to Sydney... Runway type racing is going off.......

and they are getting some fast speeds to boot....

RWD record went from 329km/h in2018 to 347.15 in 2019 (by Supra)
    AWD record went from 356 km/h to 360 km/h in 2019 (by R35)

At least one of those should give the 2JZ BOOYS something to aim for instead of themselves for once............. ....

And we now know where to send all the Roadbike riders who have these bikes that will do 350 cause they can get 200 in a 1/4 .... they can crowdfund their way to SA and see what they are made of....

//////

From RW FB update "" The Racewars Radio lads appear to have found another 1000m event held in South Africa of all places. The red dust has us thinking back to Wylie but the 360km/h VMAX has us thinking we can't let the Saffa's top speed beat us at Racewars 2020!

Who's going to step up for Australia and beat the boet's!""

/////////////////////

#stepyourgameup ......................

9. Likes Socrates likes this post
    Great interview posted, explains why there was no advertising of the entries as well as other cool behind the scenes info

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-tepxx-c2e17e
    1978 Nissan Skyline
    2014 BMW 328i

Starting listening to the podcast this morning,

So far it’s good, nice to see my shit stirring about Openwheelers get a mention as I’ve known pretty much since day 1 why we aren’t allowed to enter but it has been fun winding up Deiter about it constantly.

I might have a possible option in a rather quick 4wd car but still working on that one and hopefully it is squared away before hillclimb entries open
    Nismo Sauras Jr 290hp and 450kg

61.3 Long track Wanneroo,
    52.4 Short track Wanneroo
    46.55 Collie

Patiently waiting for the home reno’s to be finished before more aero mods to break those times above

12. Likes dmanvan likes this post
    link to some info on RW previous winner and hero car..... ///////

Ever wanted to know more about Eddy Tassone's mental GTO?

Click the link below and find out more about one of the most iconic and truly insane cars that have been part of Racewars.

Link : HSV GTO .................

//////

Dont forget when you guys update your socials or update your cars etc......... use the event # # #

Not only does the event get better year on year but the artwork steps its game up as well cant wait to see the updated cashdays and updated sprint when they are released...

////////

From RW FB /

Racewars 2020 entries are still open!

Join us in settling some #unfinishedbusiness.

#stepyourgameup // #RW20

///////

/

Anyone know the dates the Sprint entry forms will open?

16. Likes Socrates likes this post
    got all new haltech elite gear for my car now.

no rush to install it yet.
    When boost is life....
    2001 - VT Exec Drag Car - 6.6lt Twin Turbo - 1000whp?
    2002 - VX Berlina Drag Car - 6.7lt Twin Turbo - 1200whp?
    2002 - VY SS UTE A6 - 6lt Single Turbo - 650whp
    2009 - VE SSV UTE A6 - 6.6lt Supercharged - 905whp
    2017 - Holden Colorado - 2.8lt TD - 206whp

18. Likes Socrates likes this post
    ok boys and girls - who is doing what to their cars for the coming year?
    I just want to get more than 2 fucking runs in....or I'll burn it lol

20. Likes DISTRBD, zeroyon likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyduty1340 View Post
    car is currently being unfucked and it will be sent
    R32 GTR - Kippah Performance Signature Series

Quote Originally Posted by masTers View Post
    DAMO PLZ

Antilag.com can't afford to keep forking out for magazine subscriptions every time you offend someone

22. Likes azzada1 likes this post
    Barra swap if it don't :P

24. Likes masTers, heavyduty1340 likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by DISTRBD View Post
    Barra swap if it don't :P
    Well gotta sort scrutineering out yet....
    If it shits the tin this time fuck it I'll go to the dark side..
    When you doing scruit????

26. Likes Damo 69 likes this post
    When you doing scruit????
    Perth only ...

Perth only ...
    I reckon a lot of SW people were told of local scrutineer??
    Salty Times

I reckon a lot of SW people were told of local scrutineer??
    Salty Times
    Yea I have had a few calls asking about it , put a few people off but it is what it is , email Jai for the answers you seek ..

Yea I have had a few calls asking about it , put a few people off but it is what it is , email Jai for the answers you seek ..
    Got his email?
    I know I have and a couple of others have as well - messages sent just prior to signing up that there would be SW scrutineering.
    For 1 I dont have the time or patience to drag the ute to Perth and back.
    On that note, Id be eligible for a refund then.

You're Racewars OG Alumuni... Can't have you NOT there!

32. Likes heavyduty1340, DISTRBD likes this post
    Hillclimb entries are now live

https://www.david-smith.com.au/

46.55 Collie

Patiently waiting for the home reno’s to be finished before more aero mods to break those times above

lol/////

this would be the link /

https://www.targaalbanysprint.com.au/

//

Went to enter the sprint tonight but looks like I never got sent my Antilag Motorsport membership pack years ago, so don't have a membership number to list.

Should I just go through the sign up process again (blank email to membership@antilag.com)?
    "Let's put it this way, I've had an orgasm in the air before. Alone. And together." – Miranda Kerr

380,000+ km BFII XR6T | 11.94@120mph | 800m@242km/h (RW19) | 1000m@241km/h (2017 tune) | 2018 RW Sprint 57.81 | 2019 Hillclimb 1.46.76

Antilag Motorsport is dead
    No longer a Cams affiliate club, join Mini Car Club or Wa Car Club for the cheapest Cams affiliate memberships

46.55 Collie

37. Likes Phyber likes this post
    Cheers, have shot off an email to WACC to get joined up!
    "Let's put it this way, I've had an orgasm in the air before. Alone. And together." – Miranda Kerr

380,000+ km BFII XR6T | 11.94@120mph | 800m@242km/h (RW19) | 1000m@241km/h (2017 tune) | 2018 RW Sprint 57.81 | 2019 Hillclimb 1.46.76

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast