Maytech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: The Racewars Albany 2020 Thread

We were at sprint scruit at the airport at 3pm and the wind was still blowing hard,

Wind was probably the bigger factor than the rain but also the sodden ground on the edges of the runway was a huge safety factor if someone had an off
    Nismo Sauras Jr 290hp and 450kg

61.3 Long track Wanneroo,
    52.4 Short track Wanneroo
    46.55 Collie

Patiently waiting for the home reno’s to be finished before more aero mods to break those times above

2. Likes DISTRBD, dmanvan likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr3mlin View Post
    My newsfeed is full of cars getting yellow stickered in Albany, didn't this issue happen last year as well?
    I seen some shitters with stickers , also heard a few bovs going off on the main drag sunday while doing touristy things , pingpingpingpings just asking for it ..

4. Likes heavyduty1340 likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by DISTRBD View Post
    I seen some shitters with stickers , also heard a few bovs going off on the main drag sunday while doing touristy things , pingpingpingpings just asking for it ..
    A bov went off??

Glad the cops were around to save the children.
    08 XR6 Turbo - Daily
    06 VZ S2 Maloo - Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by DISTRBD View Post
    Yea. I couldn't find any actual competitor cars that were stickered ( if there was someone please post or explain).. we were stopped by security every time leaving venue on Saturday ( and picking up another car on Sunday) .. telling us we should remove the windscreen banner and door stickers as cars were getting targeted...

Anyway we drove around all Sunday, Monday no back home Monday arvo saw plenty of cops kept complete stickers on Dad's evo the whole time.

Cars we did see that had stickers had a couple of things in common, shit lowering, shit offset/camber and tyres that didn't even fit the rims they were on... yellow bait must be all the rage these days..... .

/.
    team sports can go to hell. I'm never going to rely on some weak minded MufaF@#$ to help me win a game. Ill win it myself. George Leeman.

7. Likes heavyduty1340 likes this post
    That idiot Matty bear was stickered but he was driving around on drag radials and with the parachute attached to the car
    Nismo Sauras Jr 290hp and 450kg

61.3 Long track Wanneroo,
    52.4 Short track Wanneroo
    46.55 Collie

Patiently waiting for the home reno’s to be finished before more aero mods to break those times above

9. Likes heavyduty1340, dmanvan likes this post
    ^^^^^^. Lol.... we almost jumped in the lotus to take it back to accomodation on the Sunday morning to save time loading it back on trailer in shit weather. . When my daughter goes, dad the popo will sticker it as it has no number plates it is all taped up., no mirrors and no windscreen wiper ...

( the lengths you go to, to gain some free Hp. When you are in a little car with little hp/ torque..)...
    team sports can go to hell. I'm never going to rely on some weak minded MufaF@#$ to help me win a game. Ill win it myself. George Leeman.

11. Likes heavyduty1340 likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by dmanvan View Post
    Yea. I couldn't find any actual competitor cars that were stickered ( if there was someone please post or explain) /.
    Yellow MX-5 was stickered as the Racewars windscreen banner was obscuring vision.
    It was the out of town traffic cops on the prowl around Albany.

13. Dislikes heavyduty1340, dmanvan, DISTRBD dislikes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
    That idiot Matty bear was stickered but he was driving around on drag radials and with the parachute attached to the car
    I think he was done in perth , sticker was on it Friday when we seen it . Cops passed Shaggie driving the 33 back to emu point sunday, pingpingpingpings had 0 interest ..

Quote Originally Posted by mr_rotary View Post
    Yellow MX-5 was stickered as the Racewars windscreen banner was obscuring vision.
    It was the out of town traffic cops on the prowl around Albany.

that is a bugger....be interested in knowing why events like the targas that also run same window banners dont seem to have vehicles stickered by popo.... is this because someone organises a permit etc as they do a lot more road driving than a competitor around racewars?? maybe this is something to look at in the future...
    the obstruction is a tricky one although IF that is the only thing on the sticker it definitely could be fought. As the intent of the sticker is to rectify actual defects.
    If it is a temporary thing or something that is a fine-able offence then they should be issuing an infringement (from memory obstruction of vision in WA is/or used to be $100/1 point)
    The question would be, if it were such a safety issue such as to obstruct your vision then why did the offending item not get removed by the officer on the spot?
    //

The window banners definitely seem like a targeted one though and if that is the only thing on the sticker I definitely would be taking further, especially if when reinspected the vehicle passes with no other pickups.
    If it is some specific police from city or surrounding area that is doing the targeting then this needs to be brought to the appropriate peoples attention (ie local member / council / politician etc )...

//

I would be curious about the definition of obscured vision and the extent the banner impacts this. Are sun visors not also obscuring the vision to about the same amount?

17. Likes heavyduty1340, Evman, dmanvan likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by dmanvan View Post
    The question would be, if it were such a safety issue such as to obstruct your vision then why did the offending item not get removed by the officer on the spot?
    Or, if sticking a sticker on the windscreen obscures vision and is an offence, how is sticking a second sticker, obstructing even more vision (albeit minimal), a suitable solution?

19. Likes EVLO, heavyduty1340, dmanvan likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
    Also no side mirrors.

So anyone have any links to pics from weekend.. I noted a few albums have been added by a couple of photographers to FB...

Quote Originally Posted by LostInTheWoods View Post
    I would be curious about the definition of obscured vision and the extent the banner impacts this. Are sun visors not also obscuring the vision to about the same amount?
    This question was bought up in the Facey post along with the relevant codes. The sun visors when folded down is below the banner.

racewars feedback survey out.... you have till 11th to do it...

RACEWARS2020 survey

////////

After a few days off, cancelling Sunday really was a bit of a let down for me. Saying this, i agree with the decision.

I take 2 weeks off work each Racewars, I'm down there from the Wednesday to Tuesday setting up and packing up the event.
    A lot of people behind the scenes put in a huge effort to get the event to run this year after the incident of 2019. Putting in that effort for an event to run for a day and not see the main event run is what lets it down for me, but that's me whinging for a few long days doing the work to get setup.

I hope people realise that without JJJ (Jon, Jess and Jamie) and their tireless efforts behind the scenes the event would be nothing without either one of them, they can hold their heads high.
    As for the rest of the management crew (Jai, Sarah, Tim, Dieter, Riggs and Huggy.) We are the support under JJJ and the event wouldn't start without everyone's involvement. Very few of the spectators or competitors would understand the effort that is put in by everyone to give them an event.

As for Racewars 2021, someone put me in touch with someone at Redbull/Monster energy/V/Coke that can make a decision about coming on board to give this event the support it deserves.
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchy View Post
    Tyson's had a cock pulled on him before, you'll be hard pressed to sneak anything past him now-a-days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
    Biggest oh shit moment was my own stupid fault, late at night Tyson & I were being a bit silly and giving it a fist full.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilteddy View Post
    After a few days off, cancelling Sunday really was a bit of a let down for me. Saying this, i agree with the decision.

I take 2 weeks off work each Racewars, I'm down there from the Wednesday to Tuesday setting up and packing up the event.
    A lot of people behind the scenes put in a huge effort to get the event to run this year after the incident of 2019. Putting in that effort for an event to run for a day and not see the main event run is what lets it down for me, but that's me whinging for a few long days doing the work to get setup.

I hope people realise that without JJJ (Jon, Jess and Jamie) and their tireless efforts behind the scenes the event would be nothing without either one of them, they can hold their heads high.
    As for the rest of the management crew (Jai, Sarah, Tim, Dieter, Riggs and Huggy.) We are the support under JJJ and the event wouldn't start without everyone's involvement. Very few of the spectators or competitors would understand the effort that is put in by everyone to give them an event.

As for Racewars 2021, someone put me in touch with someone at Redbull/Monster energy/V/Coke that can make a decision about coming on board to give this event the support it deserves.
    Im hearing you loud and clear.
    We do 100% appreciate everything done to keep this event rolling on.
    Weird situation when no decent sponsor will jump on board to push it a bit further.
    As a competitor - yep it was a kick in the guts not to do 1000m, but after a loss of life last year, I think most people took it their stride.
    Ive been in every year of Racewars, and am bloody glad you have all managed to keep it going.

26. Likes dmanvan likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyduty1340 View Post
    Weird situation when no decent sponsor will jump on board to push it a bit further.
    LOL WA Meth Testing as primary sponsor :P

28. Likes Damo 69 likes this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6