Volatile Customs
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: F1 2019

team sports can go to hell. I'm never going to rely on some weak minded MufaF@#$ to help me win a game. Ill win it myself. George Leeman.

a n t i l a g . c o m

*sniggers
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyber View Post
    Might be repost? Few fingers in asses lately

Let's get the banter going again.

Hamilton
    Verstappen
    Leclerc

2020 is shaping up to be a thriller.

Hoping Dan can get into a Ferrari in 2021 when Vettel decides he's had enough of F1!

Well Verstappen should be on pretty short odds for Singapore. Assuming he doesnt stuff it into a wall/another car etc.

Vettel needs to get his act together if he is to make it into 2020, never mind 2021. He is being hosed by the new boy.

Dan must be hoping something comes up at MB/Ferrari. As long as he can keep Ocon under control he should be in the pound seats for a top shelf drive in 2021.

I don't think he is - the Merc seems fairly mega on traction and aero so it will do well here.
    a n t i l a g . c o m

Yeah it is. Has been hosed pretty comprehensively by Ferraris low drag configuration the last two races which doesnt translate to Singapore. The cooling issues had previous to that may, however.

It feels like MB as often as not finds a way to underperform at Singapore. Then they go and win anyway.

a n t i l a g . c o m

i dont understand why they keep renewing Groanjean. Surely there are better talents out there? Wehrlein? Vandoorne?

10. Likes adrenalin likes this post
    In stunning news, Kubica out. Stunning!
    a n t i l a g . c o m

This Charles kid is ok.

Dan disqualified from quali ffs
    a n t i l a g . c o m

13. Likes adrenalin likes this post
    Ferrari with pace out of nowhere. Was not expecting that.

Was also surprised to head that Leclrec now has more poles than anyone else this season.........

Leclerc is legit however the crying during singapore wore thin by the end of the race.

Ferarri first team to finish 1-2 at singapore.

Was hoping there would be more of a fight for third between max and lewis but too many safetycars.
    MY09 Evo X MR

Racewars Car #252. 212.03 KPH - 800 M

Collie. 54.64

Back to back weekends.

This race is earlier than normal, so check your guides.

7.10pm start in WA.

Normally a yawn fest, so Pirelli made it more exciting by going even harder on the tyres this year....

It might rain though!
    a n t i l a g . c o m

LeClerc saying all the right things about his Singapore blow up on the radio after getting properly fkd over. Got to like the kid.

"I believe my reaction is well over what it should be," he said. "And that shows that I've still got a lot to learn.
    "In that situation there was no need to be like this. The team has done the right thing, we finished first and second, we wouldn't have finished first and second with another strategy, and that's what matters the most.
    "So on that I definitely have got a lot to learn and that's what matters the most. On that I definitely have got a lot to learn, and a lot to improve, but that won't happen again in the future."

"In the car it's always very difficult. There's a lot of adrenaline. I wake up in the morning thinking about victory, I go to sleep thinking about victory, so sometimes it might be hard.
    "But I just need to control myself more in these situations and, how can I say it politely, just shut up instead of speaking on the radio. I'll learn from it, and try for it not to happen again.
    "Some people can understand how much I want to win, and some people have understood it. Some others maybe understood wrongly.
    "Anyway as I said I think I just need to learn from that, there was no need to for me, and there's no need to be like this on the radio any time during the race, even if there's adrenaline, I think it just puts more mess than anything else, and that's it.
    "As I said I think the most important thing is that the team has done first and second, and for that I'm very happy."

18. Likes Nugs, adrenalin likes this post
    Confirmed , Mercedes to power McLaren from 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrexter View Post
    Confirmed , Mercedes to power McLaren from 2021.
    just in time for dan.boy... to do the team swapsy and get a better engine.........lol

//
    team sports can go to hell. I'm never going to rely on some weak minded MufaF@#$ to help me win a game. Ill win it myself. George Leeman.

21. Dislikes TJ dislikes this post
    This Ferrari seems fast in a straight line.
    a n t i l a g . c o m

23. Likes adrenalin likes this post
    with Max set to take a 5 spot penalty..... could be a nice and frosty 5th row......

a n t i l a g . c o m

Japan this weekend.

A circuit steeped in legend and history that has failed to live up to expectation in recent years, with a huge dose of tragedy in between. Only 2011 (maybe 2013) can be looked back at as good races. I watched 2011 on the other day. Great race. But you cannot blame the circuit for producing dull races. An absolute staple of the calendar. It should never leave. It took me a while to understand the pull of Suzuka, but once I did ... ultimate F1.

As for this weekend ... Over a qualifying lap, the track layout probably favours Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull equally, although some setup compromises may have to be afforded. In race trim, I'd put Red Bull above Ferrari and very, very close to Mercedes. If Ferrari stick it on pole, it should give us a fantastic race, 2011-esque!

Mark Hughes says Mercedes update is quite small so I don't think we'll see them making any tremendous leaps, but the track layout favours them anyway. Hamilton has been the king of Suzuka S1 for a couple of years now. I suspect they'll bias their setup heavily around looking after the tyres in the race, just as they did in Silverstone.

We've heard again and again that this is the "real" test for Ferrari. They'll fly in qualifying, especially with the harder tyres. The maligned pre-updated Ferrari nearly stole pole at Silverstone, so there's every chance here. The engine will be singing through S2 + S3. The internal politics, competitiveness and fallout from Sochi will be on display again. This is undeniably one of Vettel's favourite circuits, but I think he'll have to bide his time and take his chances in the race. However, I do wonder if he will find an extra level of speed and focus in qualifying, simply because this track means a lot to him. The most important question is can they stay on top of the tyres in the race. It will be tough. Track position from quali will be crucial, again.

I am sure Red Bull will be properly in the fight. Recent circuits have left them stranded in no-mans land, but they'll be properly up for this. Max leading the way with his souped-up Spec 4. Albon's first time at Suzuka so expectations tempered again ... but the Honda support is going to be awesome. Really hope they have a strong weekend. They have caused Mercedes problems here in the last 3 years, so expect the same.

In terms of the midfield, I think McLaren and going to be clearly fourth fastest this weekend. No more low-drag layouts to inflate Renault's competitiveness. If anything, I think it'll be Toro Rosso pushing them hardest. Their chassis has had a high-downforce bias all year and they will be just as motivated as Red Bull, especially considering their genuine fight for P5 in the constructors. Gasly is strong here. Hopefully Kvyat can back him up after some unlucky weekends.

I think the gap between the top 3 and the midfield will be smaller. We've already seen in France and Silverstone that high-speed, fast corner tracks tend to bring the overall field closer. For the same reason I think Williams will be slightly more competitive. I think their "aero test" will likely turn out to be quite effective.

I'm not as convinced about an easy one-stop. We've seen lots of easy one-stop 2018 races be not-so-easy this year (Hungary, Silverstone) thanks to the different tyre construction and faster race pace. I think it will be between a one and two, and I can definitely see Red Bull and Ferrari going aggressive against Mercedes.

Not massively thrilled with the prospect of a typhoon. A dry weekend would be much more enjoyable. Expecting the pole time to be smashed after the damp Q3 last year.

Let's not forget Yamamoto in for FP1!

Really, really looking forward to this weekend.
    a n t i l a g . c o m

Enjoy.
    a n t i l a g . c o m

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4