ITP Racecars
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: The Racewars 2019 thread

The ECU Ed is using (FuelTech FT600) has a pretty impressive TC feature built into it and you can program it a number of different ways and utilise a number of different parameters......the serious promods in the US all seem to use this ECU with great effect.

Put simply, he needs data that correlates to the runway surface to set it up properly which isn't "easy" to get as such in a legal sense.
    As above, the Motorplex surface is waaaaay grippier than Albany - Ed ran it out to 324km/h in 400m on the weekend. In context, Willall hit 335km/h at 800m on the runway.

Getting the power down for the serious cars is the limiting factor.

The haltech gear can do traction/trq management, but we had zero time to put it to use in any testing, since both dad's & my spare car were only fired up a month before rw, so i did it all via boost per gear.

I still ran a stock ecu in mine, so did it via my foot and 2 boost settings.

I won't be returning in my drag car, I'm happy with what i have got out of it now. If it hadn't of broken last year I would of been done then.

Though, I'll probably put some money into dad's setup, go water to air intercoolers & aero mods, his car would need a 4l80e for more then 330kph too.
    and we are still using stock rear end, so do we go 9" to fit bigger tyres.... burning money...
    When boost is life....
    2001 - VT Exec Drag Car - 6.6lt Twin Turbo - 1000whp?
    2002 - VX Berlina Drag Car - 6.7lt Twin Turbo - 1200whp?
    2002 - VY SS UTE A6 - 6lt Single Turbo - 650whp
    2009 - VE SSV UTE A6 - 6.6lt Supercharged - 905whp
    2017 - Holden Colorado - 2.8lt TD - 206whp

Quote Originally Posted by huggy_b View Post
    The ECU Ed is using (FuelTech FT600) has a pretty impressive TC feature built into it and you can program it a number of different ways and utilise a number of different parameters......the serious promods in the US all seem to use this ECU with great effect.

Put simply, he needs data that correlates to the runway surface to set it up properly which isn't "easy" to get as such in a legal sense.
    As above, the Motorplex surface is waaaaay grippier than Albany - Ed ran it out to 324km/h in 400m on the weekend. In context, Willall hit 335km/h at 800m on the runway.

Getting the power down for the serious cars is the limiting factor.
    Exactly, all being brand new to him - it was crazy first hand seeing the guys looking at the data from the first Saturday runs and making instant improvements. Sat night in Albany did involve a fair bit of reviewing log files..
    Fueltech make such an awesome system, sure opened my eyes! Night and day difference to just using the Eboost2

For those interested, here's a rough breakdown of how different cars get up the hillclimb.

Now Denver finally got some footage of sprint happening, here's how it panned out for the top 6 places, exluding the 4th placed WRX as no video I know of for that. This is based on viewing the in car videos and stopwatch, so times don't quite match official score. Old school, but illustrates the point. The 2 R32's finish about equal overall. Then a 2-3 second gap to Denver's R33 and the Exige. Then about another second back to Butter's Evo 7. 5th place (the WRX not shown finished up between R33 & Exige).

SR R32 Exige S MJW R32 JL EVO7 DenverR33 Whale
    Start - 1st Chicane 28.5 28.8 28.1 30 30.2
    1st - 2nd chicane 17.7 18.3 17.5 18.1 18.1
    2nd - 4th chicane 25.6 27.3 25.9 27 25.9
    4th chicane - finish 21 21.3 21.1 21.6 21.5

AWD and big power gets you quickest from start to 1st chicane, but low power and light weight gets the Exige there next. Butters and Denver have some ground to make up at this point.
    1st-2nd chicane is the longest run up the hill and quite steep. However all three skylines have a bit of lift off and/or braking up that section so they don't run away as far as they could from the EVO/Exige
    2nd-4th chicanes and it's big power time baby. Big boy pants stuff. No lifting off for the Skylines in the section, it's all about the Powahs and lots of them! Exige and Evo are hurting quite a bit here.
    4th Chicane to finish line and it's fairly tight across all cars oddly enough. Bit of a straight, tight corner then a flick through the roundabout. Something for everyone it would appear.

Anyways, that's my take on it. Can we do it again please?

Nice breakdown!
    I wish i'd thought to take a laptop and view my footage between runs, I definitely lifted off on the first long right hander before the first chicane as I just couldn't remember when the chicane was coming, that with being too quick round the roundabout for first but not quick enough to be straight on boost in second.
    Will be back next year for sure, hopefully with E85 and an earlier spool.
    Definitely my favourite Racewars!
    Track Hack - 2001 Evo VII - 420hp at the hubs, 2.2 stroker, FP Red - 2019 Racewars Hillclimb outright 6th
    Weekender - 1988 Mercedes-Benz 300SE

6. Likes adrenalin, Evilteddy likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by 200MPH View Post
    Can we do it again please?
    But this time let us proper hillclimb cars enter 😁😁
    Nismo Sauras Jr 290hp and 450kg

61.3 Long track Wanneroo,
    52.4 Short track Wanneroo
    46.55 Collie

Patiently waiting for the home reno’s to be finished before more aero mods to break those times above

Hopefully also with a Wing that works as well !
    MY09 Evo X MR

Racewars Car #252. 212.03 KPH - 800 M

Collie. 54.64

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalin View Post
    Hopefully also with a Wing that works as well !
    Got one that works just needs to be bigger, unfortunately I think I already know that the answer is a no due to the Armco being able to be driven under in these type of cars

I can dream of being allowed to enter one year it I might still turn up in something else yet and if not I will give the crew a hand with running the event

46.55 Collie

Patiently waiting for the home reno’s to be finished before more aero mods to break those times above

I think Kiz might be referring to my wing that snapped half way down the 800m, he's just mad that despite that and me backing off I still beat him.

That and he owns an auto and that's boring.
    Track Hack - 2001 Evo VII - 420hp at the hubs, 2.2 stroker, FP Red - 2019 Racewars Hillclimb outright 6th
    Weekender - 1988 Mercedes-Benz 300SE

11. Likes S85FI, adrenalin likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by butters View Post
    I think Kiz might be referring to my wing that snapped half way down the 800m, he's just mad that despite that and me backing off I still beat him.

That and he owns an auto and that's boring.
    All facts.
    MY09 Evo X MR

Collie. 54.64

13. Likes butters likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalin View Post
    All facts.
    Use quote button then :P

46.55 Collie

Yippe kye aye muthafuckers..

Eleven and Zero
    a n t i l a g . c o m

17. Likes adrenalin likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Eleven and Zero
    I dont think they wanted to read another email. I had to have a nap reading the last one it was that long.
    MY09 Evo X MR

Collie. 54.64

Much as I appreciate the lengthy and detailed information being publicly put forward recently to counter some stupidity being propagated in the media, I think now is the time to STFU and let the Media 'story' die a natural death.
    Media just want a fight, old mate with vested interests is a professional time waster/stirrer and lowering yourself to their level only should be done when required, not as a matter of course.

I'm still wild about CAMS role in all of this. But it's sadly their historical MO at work.

Anyways, onwards and upwards RW. Go you good thing!

20. Likes dmanvan, mr_rotary, Sensible, adrenalin likes this post
    What is saddening for me as an ALL years RW competior is how the lack of actual investigative journalism, coupled with mis-guided comments from CAMS and CAMS lovers (previous officials or office holders/workers/volunteers who cant see the forrest for the trees) has done massive damage to the RW brand and event in General.
    Looking on from the outside you can see how once the floodgates of mis-truth open in the media and propagate to Social media many just jump on the wagon......... I took a trip down the rabbit hole tonight and was amazed at where it led... People in a position of should really know better shared some of the really negative albany advertiser articles as if they were truth instead of actually doing some fact finding themselves... In an age where we have so much information at our fingertips yet so many blatantly forward and share something without even (in some cases reading) checking some of the validity.

Besides all the CE of CAMS comments regarding runway racing being unsafe when they underwrote the Temora events , go figure..... they also are the body responsible for the Finke desert race (where 3-4 ? deaths have occurred) with the tagline on the (Finke) site often quoted 'Australia's fastest and deadliest off-road event'

I guess it only counts when it is offroad and technically self-inflicted, case closed.

A National organisation with 21K followers pokes the Pinocchio stick at a smaller in almost every way grassroots level organisation with ........ 34K followers.,.... so thats 2 wins for RW this week at least.......

now where can I get those crab powder envelopes for when I have to renew a licence........................................... ..

///
    team sports can go to hell. I'm never going to rely on some weak minded MufaF@#$ to help me win a game. Ill win it myself. George Leeman.

22. Likes Nugs, beatle, heavyduty1340 likes this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8