OC Detailing
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The Racewars 2019 thread

Was peer pressured into entering this one and i am so glad i did.

I did the first racewars and didnt really enjoy it but it has come such a long way from what it was. Staff \ Volunteers were professional and it didnt feel like a burden this time around asking to line up something.

Thankyou to all the racewars staff \ volunteers. Will be back next year and will also be entering the sprint.
    MY09 Evo X MR

Racewars Car #252. 212.03 KPH - 800 M

Collie. 54.64

2. Likes Phyber, TJ likes this post
    Not much to add to the above posts, a tragedy on Sunday despite all the hard work. Spent the night alone contemplating life a bit. Was not even sure the sprint would go ahead in the morning.

On that topic thanks so much for the hillclimb. I am enjoying twisty stuff more than straight line these days despite not having a car set up for it, or even a good starting base given the weight!

Julian, great chatting again and wow that SC whine sounds crazy inside the new Lotus! So long to the GT40, oh well.

Simon's hillclimb video looks insane. Mine looks agricultural after viewing it hahahaha!

...but I'll still post my best lap Finished 33rd out of 87, was hoping middle of pack so very happy for a once a year racer in a Falcon.

Really keen to get at LEAST a camber kit into the car for next year. The Nankang AR-1s did a decent job for a great price (thanks Jono) but I need to figure out pressures a bit better to maximise rear grip and steering response.

and my favourite lap fun wise...second is very lazy down low so I was hitting first on exit from chicanes. Went easy at the start too (minor offroading on lap 3 cooled my jets) but got within 0.2 of my PB on lap 2.

Dashcam kept shitting itself so sorry for the lost footage sections. All vids here for those that want more.
    "Let's put it this way, I've had an orgasm in the air before. Alone. And together." Miranda Kerr

380,000+ km BFII XR6T | 11.94@120mph | 800m@242km/h (RW19) | 1000m@241km/h (2017 tune) | 2018 RW Sprint 57.81 | 2019 Hillclimb 1.46.76

4. Likes ED40, Lump, dmanvan, 200MPH likes this post
    This was my 3rd Racewars, like so many comments above, definitely my favourite so far! Big thanks to all the organisers and volunteers!
    The runway is always fun to go flat out over that distance but the hillclimb was awesome had so much fun. Pretty stoked finishing 6th with the new car setup, in car footage below of my 1.36.61

edit; video link fixed
    Last edited by butters; 11-03-2019 at 06:48 AM.
    Track Hack - 2001 Evo VII - 420hp at the hubs, 2.2 stroker, FP Red - 2019 Racewars Hillclimb outright 6th
    Weekender - 1988 Mercedes-Benz 300SE

6. Likes Phyber, Greg Rust, adrenalin likes this post
    Can anyone put me in contact with anyone who was selling the t shirts to see if there is any left.
    I had 2 children that would not stop asking about the shirts all the way back from Albany as we promised them a shirt each but forgot all about it when the place was shut down on Sunday.

Here's a video of the one time my go pro worked

Also the reason I short shifted from the roundabout in the video above was the run after this .
    Last edited by 2jzlux; 07-03-2019 at 09:53 PM.

8. Likes Phyber, 200MPH likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by butters View Post
    This was my 3rd Racewars, like so many comments above, definitely my favourite so far! Big thanks to all the organisers and volunteers!
    The runway is always fun to go flat out over that distance but the hillclimb was awesome had so much fun. Pretty stoked finishing 6th with the new car setup, in car footage below of my 1.36.61

https://www.facebook.com/jrjl89/vide...1515134940035/
    Video is private I think - content not available. Keen to view!
    "Let's put it this way, I've had an orgasm in the air before. Alone. And together." Miranda Kerr

380,000+ km BFII XR6T | 11.94@120mph | 800m@242km/h (RW19) | 1000m@241km/h (2017 tune) | 2018 RW Sprint 57.81 | 2019 Hillclimb 1.46.76

I love Racewars, banter is fun and people are very friendly, cant wait for the next one
    I Almost had you

11. Likes Phyber, S133LTR, Gr3mlin, adrenalin, S85FI, TJ, Bram, 200MPH likes this post
    Well done on getting your goal of the fwd national record! As for banter, your awards night shirt pretty much had it covered, well, more covered than Riggs at least...

13. Likes Gr3mlin, LOUD1 likes this post
    Ill take that as a good thing just the quarter mile to do now, hopefully get some stickier tyres and turn the boost down more, hopefully get a 10sec
    I Almost had you

Quote Originally Posted by 2jzlux View Post
    Can anyone put me in contact with anyone who was selling the t shirts to see if there is any left.
    I had 2 children that would not stop asking about the shirts all the way back from Albany as we promised them a shirt each but forgot all about it when the place was shut down on Sunday.
    Message Jess on the RW page on Facebook - that would be the quickest way.

16. Likes 2jzlux likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by LOUD1 View Post

I love Racewars, banter is fun and people are very friendly, cant wait for the next one
    Fuck that's a lot of blue in the interior! You look way to busy trying to drive that in a straight line compared to me.

https://youtu.be/f-6pWZ8C0Nk

18. Likes Gr3mlin, adrenalin likes this post
    Well done on chasing the goal - even for those who think it's eccentric.
    a n t i l a g . c o m

20. Likes S85FI, heavyduty1340 likes this post
    Are we watching the same video hahaha, drove straight as, there was never any pull on the steering wheel
    from torque steer, I got a wavtech lsd under load it locks, an I have the suspension set to also help eliminate torque steer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    Fuck that's a lot of blue in the interior! You look way to busy trying to drive that in a straight line compared to me.

https://youtu.be/f-6pWZ8C0Nk
    I Almost had you

Yeah, I didn't think i was watching a FWD.

I just wondered how many smurfs you needed to skin for the interior?

24. Likes adrenalin, xr6tego, XT43 likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by LOUD1 View Post
    Are we watching the same video hahaha, drove straight as, there was never any pull on the steering wheel
    from torque steer, I got a wavtech lsd under load it locks, an I have the suspension set to also help eliminate torque steer.
    I think it's just those first few gears & you look kinda tense/gripping the wheel that get's me.

maybe im just to relaxed in mine, when i can 1 hand it.

Quote Originally Posted by huggy_b View Post
    I just wondered how many smurfs you needed to skin for the interior?
    R32 GTR - Kippah Performance Signature Series

Quote Originally Posted by masTers View Post
    DAMO PLZ

Antilag.com can't afford to keep forking out for magazine subscriptions every time you offend someone

27. Likes SimonR32, adrenalin, S85FI, LOUD1, Sensible likes this post
    wow... ill just leave this here.. relevant as to what other events around the world are doing as they also measure 1/4 ; 1/2 speed on way to full mile and they clearly aren't just waiting to half track to boost it./..

World record just reset for the
    mile 300.4 mph ( 483.44 kmh )
    Half 240.0 mph ( 386.24 kmh )
    1/4 174.5 mph ( 280.83 kmh )

that is movin......

https://www.motor1.com/news/315168/f...E_AH4h42GrkbqU

team sports can go to hell. I'm never going to rely on some weak minded MufaF@#$ to help me win a game. Ill win it myself. George Leeman.

29. Likes beatle, 200MPH, heavyduty1340 likes this post
    That is so fucking cool, you compare the half mile against Willal and see they are not a million miles away.

Next few years will be interesting.

DAMO PLZ

Antilag.com can't afford to keep forking out for magazine subscriptions every time you offend someone

31. Likes heavyduty1340, dmanvan likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Damo 69 View Post
    That is so fucking cool, you compare the half mile against Willal and see they are not a million miles away.

Next few years will be interesting.
    Willall were doing 335kmh at the half mile, 50kmh on top of that is mental.

Willall believe that from their data logs - if they got a decent launch etc, they would have run ~380km/h over the 1000m.

And Ed Tassone had built and tuned his Commodore with the goal of hitting 400km/h over the 1000m.

34. Likes heavyduty1340, Steve, beatle, dmanvan, Damo 69 likes this post
    Willall believe that from their data logs - if they got a decent launch etc, they would have run ~380km/h over the 1000m.

And Ed Tassone had built and tuned his Commodore with the goal of hitting 400km/h over the 1000m.
    Aussies have certainly stepped up at RW for sure over the years, imagine ' all the boost' in a texas Road trip pinned for 1.6km... that would be sic..... from speaking to willall I think their car is geared to 429km.
    team sports can go to hell. I'm never going to rely on some weak minded MufaF@#$ to help me win a game. Ill win it myself. George Leeman.

from memory Tony Locatori won it the first year with 272kph, that would just scrape you into the top 30 these days.

the escalation is epic!

DAMO PLZ

Well, listening to that Ford GT in the video, I think that Ed needs to invest time and testing into the best traction control system he can. Cause he certainly has the hardware (POWAH!) to run with the best of them. Now it's down to managing traction, which I note that Jose and his Supra seemed to have well under control this year.

Fooling around with all the settings in my ECU for traction control on my car yesterday for fun, and it just made me give up on it yet again...it does all sorts of stupid stuff no matter what I try. Turn it off is the answer, luckily I have no power so not an issue for me at least.

But back to the heavy hitters, based on my limited experience, no point in fitting TC hardware just before the event. It will need quite a few runs at the motorplex with the car in RW trim to get it halfway set right for the runway. And then quite a few on the weekend to tune it in. If it was easy, anyone with coin could do it! But it ain't...

Quote Originally Posted by 200MPH View Post
    It will need quite a few runs on Tonkin Hwy with the car in RW trim to get it halfway set right for the runway.
    Corrected for accuracy. . . :-)

motorplex provides much better traction for starts then the runway even in racewars trim. plus the airport has that bump about 100 or so meters out from the start that i needed to power manage around.
    When boost is life....
    2001 - VT Exec Drag Car - 6.6lt Twin Turbo - 1000whp?
    2002 - VX Berlina Drag Car - 6.7lt Twin Turbo - 1200whp?
    2002 - VY SS UTE A6 - 6lt Single Turbo - 630whp
    2009 - VE SSV UTE A6 - 6.6lt Supercharged - 700whp?
    2017 - Holden Colorado - 2.8lt TD - 206whp

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast