ITP Racecars
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The Racewars 2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalin View Post
    My only goal is to hopefully not get chopped by the magna.

I'm surprisingly sanguine about getting shredded by said white hot magma. Just think of me as your easy chop enabler. We all have a role to play...

2. Likes LOUD1, adrenalin likes this post
    Haha mine wont be much better against most of the cars in the list.

Hoping to get a few close ones in against wrx \ other evos instead of full fledged drag cars.

Have actually driven your car ( prior to you owning it ). Stupid amounts of fun.
    MY09 Evo X MR

Racewars Car #252. 212.03 KPH - 800 M

Collie. 54.64

Quote Originally Posted by huggy_b View Post
    Yeah - if you're playing to win 1st spot, then the pointy end of the field is getting stupendously fast.

But if you are there to break your own records or achieve your own goals (going over 300km/h or over 200mp/h) then it doesn't really matter who has and hasn't entered.
    I guess it comes down to if you can enter for a bit of fun or not. Otherwise be prepared to spend some big coin to contest the serious stuff.
    This is pretty much us (me, dad & bro) Our only target is to go past 200mph this year & have all 3 cars drive back onto the trailers.

The fact that i put together enough funds to build/bring a 3rd car as a "spare" and then allowed my brother to go down as the driver for it is not cheap, i.e
    Full rebuild of a motor after it broke a valve @rw17 (new pistons, turbo cam, fix head etc)
    Built th400 gearbox & rw specific converter
    installed the haltech ecu & aem dash combo that should of gone into mine to run the engine (58x crank)
    new tyres front & rear
    locker diff with rw spec 2.73 gears
    new safety belts
    new radiator, electric wp
    Only area i sort of saved cash was reusing fuel system from my car (which i upgraded) then used my existing twin gtx35 turbo kit from my ute, which i then had ceramic coated this year. (which then needed new intercooler, pipework etc)

I nearly wanted to burn the car to the ground multiple times...

wont be able to stay through untill sunday afternoon .
    any knowledge of any live streams at this point in time ?

motive will be doing the usual live stream over facebook I believe
    R32 GTR - Kippah Performance Signature Series

Quote Originally Posted by masTers View Post
    DAMO PLZ

Antilag.com can't afford to keep forking out for magazine subscriptions every time you offend someone

7. Likes Liberator, mr_rotary likes this post
    "Important Notice.
    Racewars event management in conjunction with Police have suspended the remaining Motorsport activities at Albany Airport today.

The rest of the weekends event program away from the airport will continue as planned."

What happened?

Major incident at the end of the track

10. Likes 180SXTCY likes this post
    Fark that's no good... What happened? so many plebs on facebook assuming shit.

I'm sure it will unfold but hope everyone is ok.
    a n t i l a g . c o m

13. Likes Simon likes this post
    Best wait for an official announcement

Racewars
    44 mins ·
    Statement from Jon Murray.
    Racewars Event Director.

Speculation, rumour and ill informed commentary helps no one.

To clarify some things.
    An incident occurred where a vehicle failed to stop at the end of the runway. This has resulted in damage to the airport's security fencing as well as damage and injury to the driver of the vehicle.

The driver was attended to by RW Officials as well as onsite emergency responders. I'd like to personally thank the First Responders and the Emergency Crews for their amazing work so so quickly control and contain the situation.

The driver has been taken to Albany Hospital. It is not our place to comment on the condition of the driver nor will we do so. He's in good hands with Albany Hospital.

Due to the damage to the airport fencing, the clean up and the need for us to assist Police with the accident investigation we have had to suspend racing at the airport. This was a decision I made in conjunction with our Clerk of Course and local authorities.

Earlier in the morning a vehicle suffered a Parachute failure and also over ran the runway. This vehicle (Blue Supra) is not the vehicle involved in this afternoon's incident. The driver of this vehicle was fine and in good spirits after his chute failed but had a sore neck and we had him taken to Albany Hospital for observation.

Not withstanding these two incidents I'd like to congratulate all our participants, staff and volunteers on their efforts across the weekend. It has been amazing to see you all turn out and support the event and WA Grassroots Motorsport.

To our VMAX Competitors the awards will be given out based on the results as they stand at our awards night tonight at Due South.

Motorsport is a cruel mistress at times but we all understand the risks of participation.

RW will not make any further comment at this time. We ask that people refrain from making baseless comments without the facts at hand.

We remain committed to grassroots Motorsport and the social and safety benefits of taking speed off the streets.

Regards.
    Jon Murray
    Event Director.

16. Likes Pete, dmanvan, waxdass, Gr3mlin likes this post
    Check the West Australian online out. Bit biased - but shows the aftermath.

Thoughts with the driver and his family. Speedy recovery wished.

Any news on the driver?

Reports he has passed away over night

RIP
    My Garage:
    -05' BMW E46 M3
    -01' S15 SR20DET - SOLD
    -01' S15 SR22DET - SOLD
    -95' S13 180SX SR20DET - SOLD
    -91' S13 180SX SR20DET - SOLD

20. Dislikes mr_rotary, Dzenci, Lmx dislikes this post
    Yeah.

Heart breaking.

My best wishes to everyone involved with it.
    a n t i l a g . c o m

Rip

Best wishes to the family and all those involved.
    Such a tragic way to go but within any Motorsport event the risks are there
    1972 ke20 corolla sr20det
    416whp SOLD

Last edited by Dzenci; 04-03-2019 at 10:45 AM.
    416whp SOLD

Goes without saying, but condolences to the driver's family and friends and may he rest in peace.

With regards to the organisers and volunteers, you all have done and continue to do an amazing job. The level of safety involved with the event is much higher than any other event I've entered into previously. Whatever comes of this, you should all be proud of what Racewars has become, and i know I'm not alone in hoping the event can continue in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzenci View Post
    When I heard this was coming up I let a few of the organisers know, I was expecting a hack job but the Albany mayor spoke very highly of all involved in the event and you could tell the announcer was trying to bait to get a response but it never came from him
    Nismo Sauras Jr 290hp and 450kg

61.3 Long track Wanneroo,
    52.4 Short track Wanneroo
    46.55 Collie

Patiently waiting for the home reno’s to be finished before more aero mods to break those times above

Agree, the announcer was definitely onto something to bring the negatives into it but didn’t go his way

Hope there will be a meet of some sort to remember old mate all tho not many of us knew him it’ll be good to remember a true enthusiast like all of us who tragically passed just like that doing what he loved.
    416whp SOLD

Very sad and tragic event indeed yesterday. Thoughts and prayers with the family.

Back onto more positive events, the hillclimb today was mint. I and everyone I spoke too loved it. Missed my final run due to rain coming in on top of mountain, but still happy with the day. Still would have loved to give it one more shot and try grab a place or two back on the race cars, but racing is full of coulda/shoulda etc. Still can not believe how fast the car is up a hill. No idea how it does it, but I'll take it!

And the final result, what a finish, 0.04 seconds! A few bookies would have lost a bit of money on the result if that was a thing...

Big thanks to all the organisers and volunteers who made RW 2019 happen. They have to deal with a lot in any RW and even more so this time.

Yes I would just like to say big congratulations to the racewars organisers an volunteers on what was a very trying weekend an RIP to the mustang driver.
    I have competed in many hillclimbs over the years mostly in nz an that hillclimb would be the best I have ever competed in
    The road
    The location
    An the setup down in the pits an the spectater area
    Chuck in the bar an cafes
    An I will be back next year if they run it agian.
    R33 rb std turbo collie 56 sec

Reiterating what everyone said above. Great weekend, thanks to organisers and volunteers. The sprint was amazing!! Was also great to meet some of the antilag guys such as 200mph and alot of new people with diverse cars. Hope everyone got home safely and also avoided TEG on Friday.....

Out of all the RW we have attended (and we have been to EVERY one) this was by far the best... unfortunately shadowed by an unpreventable major accident...

As competitors, when we step into the zone there is so much we are in charge of that NO ONE other than us can prevent or be in control of. Thoughts go out to the family of Brody as well as the whole team of organisers , volunteers and competitors.

Unfortunately the low level SCUM that is mainstream media these days can't even do ANY proper reporting and are more about sensationalism than proper reporting... so many articles with so many errors and misinformation is so frustrating for someone who was actually there are a competitor.

We travelled home late on Monday evening (after having to fix a tow vehicle) and copped some ill informed shit from some locals when getting something to eat in drive-through before heading home... then more today from some council workers and neighbours as we had a couple of stickered racewars vehicles in our driveway for a few days. In fact this evening upon returning home from work I had to set a neighbour straight that accused me of associating with an unsanctioned event...

Thanks WEST AUSTRALIAN you peice of crap for your ill informed reporting. In less 5 minutes of an internet search they could come up with no less than 5 autosport organisations that provide licensing and insurance that are other than CAMS. So thanks to your ill informed reporting over the last few days you are creating an environment of mis-information that is causing people to get opinions that arent even correct. YOU HAD ONE JOB... (oh thats right , if you actually did what you were taught you might sell a few less papers)....

Jon summed it up beautifully in both of his messages.....(most recent below)

""Statement from Jon Murray.
    Event Director Racewars.

Racewars extends its deepest condolences to the family, friends and loved ones of Brody Ford who sadly was unable to recover from the incident at our event on Sunday morning.

Racewars also commends the brave and selfless efforts of event staff, emergency services and fellow competitors who rapidly came to Mr Ford’s aid.

While a Police investigation is ongoing, Racewars will not be making any statements with regards to the incident or any related matters. Ongoing rumor, speculation and misinformation being spread in the wake of this tragic incident is inappropriate and disrespectful to all involved.

Our event strives to meet best practice standards and must meet the rigid safety standards specified by our insurance underwriters.

As an emerging form of Motorsport there is no recognized sanctioning body for these type of a events as it does not fall within the normal scope of long established bodies such as CAMS or ANDRA.

There is no requirement for events to sanction themselves with either CAMS or ANDRA and many major events around Australia proceed successfully & safely using alternative sanctioning and insurance options.

Racewars remains committed to working openly, honestly and transparently with Police and local authorities to assist with this investigation.

We thank everyone who was involved in the weekend’s events and who has supported us in the wake of this tragic incident. Racewars believe the incident should not detract from that hard work, stunning results and positive memories achieved by so many of our racers over the weekend. People should feel comfortable to celebrate their achievements over the weekend in a respectful and uplifting manner.

Racewars will make no further statements on this matter until such time as the Police investigation is concluded.

Regards
    Jon Murray
    Event Director""

My Highlights of weekend......

1: whole family attending , 2 generations racings, 3 generations attending...

2: I have 4 minions from 4 - 16... they all loved it.... and my wife tolerated it..... we all had fun.....

3: took Huggy for a spin in LOTUS ( although with myself and him we added certain percentages to its mass that clutch did not like.... ) so didnt get to give ya a 240km run in it...

4: Got GOLDEN ticket... (this was 2 years in the making from a plan my oldest 2 sons hatched last year at RW18) .. if it wasn't for that we would not have had ANY runs on Sunday...

5: JME on the start line..... the way the man signals and brings you up to stage is full pro, I would choose his lane everytime...

6: getting some good aero testing in .. no power changes meant we had to be creative . I tasked a 15 and 16 yo with that and they got us some good gains going from 226 or so in 800 last year to 239 in sat 800 with only aero changes.....(or deletes so to speak)

7: going to awards night on sunday night for the first time and hearing the passion from winners, organizers and Mr Mayor.... (a ride awaits you as you seem to be a true event patron)s

8: Sprint first real hill-climb , one half decent run and kissed some armco in another .. (note to self when sharing vehicles double check previous drivers TC settings......)

9: As much as the media on Tuesday has tried to make a meal of something not being cams certified. in 6 Racewars Runway events I have never been let go into an unsafe track. Yet in my first hill-climb event as a cams licenced competitor I was let go into unsafe conditions with bollards all over the road in 2 chicanes, causing damage to my vehicle in my first 2 runs on hillclimb.

10: driving home to Perth at nearly midnight on Monday night meant we got dads EVO home on E85 (less than a full tank) and saw only 5 cars whole trip and didn't have to overtake Anyone.... so economy does exist in the early hours of the morning....

well top ten highlights anyway... many good times RW19 cant believe it is over....

//
    /
    //
    team sports can go to hell. I'm never going to rely on some weak minded MufaF@#$ to help me win a game. Ill win it myself. George Leeman.

Wont try to match big D's list of highlights, but will instead cheat and show a video of one of my highlights...

Great to catch up with heaps of people again over the weekend. Is it RW 2020 already?

32. Likes sicka, Phyber, boostnglxr, HANS YOLO, dmanvan likes this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast