ITP Racecars
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The Racewars 2019 thread

very quiet in here...... went for a drive, got corn, ate corn, got scruit, got sticker set... all set..

(was surprisingly efficient and cars seemed to be moving through faster than last year...)
    team sports can go to hell. I'm never going to rely on some weak minded MufaF@#$ to help me win a game. Ill win it myself. George Leeman.

Got stickered as well. Lotus louts in full effect on the weekend! Good to catch up with a few people and see some, shall we say, slightly unusual cars and their deep fried owners.

Is it next month already? Hurry up!

Going through competitor list last night... noticed number 59 wedged between a couple of LF perf cars...

"59Willall Racing2019 Nissan GTR"

spoke to a mate over east who checked their FB or insta and said they posted at beginning of the month about some high speed event interstate next month.,.....

interesting times if a billet block GTR finally makes the trip west...

I hope the WA heavy hitters have #stepyourgameup enough.... /
    /
    team sports can go to hell. I'm never going to rely on some weak minded MufaF@#$ to help me win a game. Ill win it myself. George Leeman.

Quote Originally Posted by dmanvan View Post
    Going through competitor list last night... noticed number 59 wedged between a couple of LF perf cars...

"59Willall Racing2019 Nissan GTR"

spoke to a mate over east who checked their FB or insta and said they posted at beginning of the month about some high speed event interstate next month.,.....

interesting times if a billet block GTR finally makes the trip west...

I hope the WA heavy hitters have #stepyourgameup enough.... /
    /
    I don't think anyone's been sitting on the hands or resting on their laurels, everything I've seen and heard would indicate that people are really refining their car and more power has been the theme across the board - if Willall think they are going to come across and smash the locals they might be in for a surprise.

I can't wait to see it all unfold. I get the feeling that you want to be at this event, I reckon we will see records get toppled big time.

Quote Originally Posted by huggy_b View Post
    I don't think anyone's been sitting on the hands or resting on their laurels, everything I've seen and heard would indicate that people are really refining their car and more power has been the theme across the board - if Willall think they are going to come across and smash the locals they might be in for a surprise.

I can't wait to see it all unfold. I get the feeling that you want to be at this event, I reckon we will see records get toppled big time.
    cant wait either ... for WA to show em how its done and get any records back......

tbh RW19 should be tagging the shit out of stuff like that on the socials... as headline acts is what is going to get the crowds in. There is enough GTR35 fanboys who would trip themselves at the gate if they knew a billet block GTR was coming to little ole albany... hopefully RW radio is going to do a vid on them

also vid for Need4speed , RW17 Lambo update ... other previous heavy hitters where are they at, coming / not /etc ...

i dont blame the rw guys for not pushing the gtr to come... since they've heard it before & lets be honest, shit could still go wrong where it breaks before the event.

hell, even im testing one of our combos at the drags this week because it's literally got 2hrs of run time on a new motor combo.

7. Likes heavyduty1340 likes this post
    Yeah Dave’s on it. This is the 3rd time they’ve been coming. We will get excited when I see a Willall car here in the flesh.

The biggest interest generated oddly enough is the AU unsafety car and FAMAUS - and more recently the WTF Auto grannypants. I think people are more connected to these ordinary everyday attainable cars than the high $ dream cars.

9. Likes beatle likes this post
    The biggest interest generated oddly enough is the AU unsafety car and FAMAUS - and more recently the WTF Auto grannypants. I think people are more connected to these ordinary everyday attainable cars than the high $ dream cars.
    Rolex Builds

Bunno FPV / TRD ?

Speak for yourself, a built camry engine is way out of my price range!

13. Likes Liberator likes this post
    Yeah Dave’s on it. This is the 3rd time they’ve been coming. We will get excited when I see a Willall car here in the flesh.

possibly as there has been uneventuated rumours nearly every year of some hipo east coast cars coming over....

However this time they are clearly listed on the entrant list (tucked between LF performance) and they have updated on social media platforms about an event next month.. So why wouldn't RW capitalise on that on SM and if they don't turn up I don't see how that is a refleciton on RW as there probably already has been a certain number of entrants who are entereed and wont make it for various reasons...

2 years ago we took some friends that didnt really have an interest in Motorsport.. guess what cars they loved watching go down the track the UG lambo and a R35 GTR as these are seen as supercars to a general punter... oh and some of the ole school muscle... Of course it was always interesting to see a more standard looking car make the run and we would explain to them what had possibly been done to that particular car to make it go so fast...

This year , even though we were going to spot their accommodation (at the same caravan park as us) they thought that the DOUBLING of ticket prices for the 2 days was a bit steep.. Whilst in previous years you could get a 5 family pass for $75 this year the weekend pass general admission is $32.50 (x5 = $162.50 ////) whilst I get there is a price to progress I hop[e that the general punter RW19 seems to want to attract the attention of isn't priced out of the equation. Let alone competitors who have and are supporting the event then have to pay even more to get family members in through the gate...

for a quarter of the trackside position (based on platinum, grandstand, bar) taking up 75% of room on recent event document.. .. anyway rant over just hope the change to morning time-slot with less time for 1000m doesn't mean even less time for all standard competitors and more time for the 12% that are cracking 300 .

//

oh ... all hail the AU.... hope it abuses the camry and teaches it a lesson, then parks up in the AU concourse so we can admire the amazingness..... #BurgundandyAU'sMatter
    Last edited by dmanvan; 12-02-2019 at 04:43 PM. Reason: speeling

Willall have been listed as a competitor for the last 3 years.

16. Likes TJ likes this post
    took our 3rd (brothers/spare entry) car to waw to test combo out. did a bunch of runs, with the last run being the best mph as i upped the boost.

drives off the line slowly with the tight converter, but it ran 10.5 @ 152mph on 14.5psi. spun 1st into 2nd as it come on boost.

need to change out wiring or possibly alternator as it doesn't seem to hold 13v's very well though.

18. Likes dmanvan likes this post
    Are you doing the awd thing this year?

nope, I dont think it'll ever be a racewars car now. Especially with the requirements for cages next year. plus I highly doubt my back yard dodgy t56 to awd transfer case will hold.

I've got all the shit to do it, but i have 3 other cars i need to get running before i even think about touching it, so it can sit under the carport at home till then.

Ah okay. would be neat to see one day.

Anyone know who to talk to to get a white banner swapped for a black one?

Quote Originally Posted by 2jzlux View Post
    Anyone know who to talk to to get a white banner swapped for a black one?
    RW favours........ failing that.... black texta may'be......

The black decal kit was an upgrade you could have selected in the store when registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchy View Post
    Tyson's had a cock pulled on him before, you'll be hard pressed to sneak anything past him now-a-days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
    Biggest oh shit moment was my own stupid fault, late at night Tyson & I were being a bit silly and giving it a fist full.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilteddy View Post
    The black decal kit was an upgrade you could have selected in the store when registering.
    50 or 75$ or something,,, think it is also FOC for platinum (think)......

Quote Originally Posted by Evilteddy View Post
    That's what the white chick said....

Always bet on black...

Had to trim banner height as much as I could, otherwise be looking through it! Thought I'd moved on from that after changing cars, but appears my taste in windscreen height has not improved...

Anyways, back to waiting for brakes to turn up so I can actually get to RW. Swore I wouldn't touch a running car before RW again, but here we are again. Learning from your own mistakes is overrated.

28. Likes heavyduty1340 likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by dmanvan View Post
    50 or 75$ or something,,, think it is also FOC for platinum (think)......

Yeah got platinum entry but no black banner.
    Just have a white car and white banner looks like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by 2jzlux View Post
    Yeah got platinum entry but no black banner.
    Just have a white car and white banner looks like shit.
    if you have access to FB, would send a message there....

"Platinum Competitor Entry $850

Entry to the Platinum Club is reserved for a select group of 50 discerning entrants and is available by application only. In addition to the privileges a Standard Entrant enjoys Platinum Club entrants have priority access to the airstrip via a dedicated Platinum Club only staging lane for Racewars 2019 in addition to:
    VIP access for you and a guest to the trackside RW Club Marquee (additional guest passes available for purchase)
    A complimentary food and non-alcoholic beverage package during both days at Racewars 2019
    Priority service during pre-event scrutineering
    Entry to the 1000m VMAX Challenge session on Sunday
    Preferred Entrant Status – 'Racewars Sprint' (CAMS License Required)
    Racewars Black Motorsport Banner and Competition Sticker set"

clearly listed ... unless someone is all out of priority....

https://racewars.com.au/Competitors

now I know why you been pushing the burgundandy..... you have your own form of devil in a sheeps skin .. ... ha... nice to see RWradio getting in on some action.... is that how you are going to hand out golden tickets...

(ps. are golden tickets even a thing this year??)... #canyarunathreewayontherunway (Camry/AU/Camry)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast