ITP Racecars
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The Racewars 2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
    LOL

They will most likely schedule Streetcars on the Sunday just to screw you all over for supporting an event that isn’t hosted by them
    The WASCC wouldn’t do that. They’re all about supporting all motorsport.

As long as it’s at their venue to their rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Denver View Post

And we know how much love WASCC have for Antilag.com

Ute is on car trailer to go to SQP on Thursday.
    New 416 cuber with all the goodies inside and John own Mast Black Label heads on top
    Will also play with the arse end a bit to get it to hook up a bit better and probably add a tail shaft loop for good measure.
    Trying to get ready mice and early this time...

4. Likes Evman, azzada1 likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Denver View Post

And I see the calendar release has you guys racing on both Saturday and Sunday
    Nismo Sauras Jr 290hp and 450kg

61.3 Long track Wanneroo,
    52.4 Short track Wanneroo
    46.55 Collie

Patiently waiting for the home reno’s to be finished before more aero mods to break those times above

Quote Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
    And I see the calendar release has you guys racing on both Saturday and Sunday
    Yup. Fuckers.

I rang JME the other week asking to pull my vmax entry, best I can hope for now is we have our last race early Sunday arvo so I can load up and leg it to Albany for Monday and make it there at a reasonable time.

we are 3 months away, usually methy swings in for some wild claims and stirs up the banter

I feel lost without him
    R32 GTR - Kippah Performance Signature Series

Quote Originally Posted by masTers View Post
    DAMO PLZ

Antilag.com can't afford to keep forking out for magazine subscriptions every time you offend someone

8. Likes heavyduty1340 likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Damo 69 View Post
    we are 3 months away, usually methy swings in for some wild claims and stirs up the banter

I feel lost without him
    If you can't find the person making wild claims, look in the mirror...

10. Likes Sensible likes this post
    I have not even entered the event, i guess that makes me suitably qualified to make wild claims

P I X A R Dyno
    R32 GTR - Kippah Performance Signature Series

Quote Originally Posted by masTers View Post
    DAMO PLZ

Antilag.com can't afford to keep forking out for magazine subscriptions every time you offend someone

12. Likes SimonR32 likes this post
    So, holiday boredoms is in effect, time to poke the bear. What's going on with getting the official word out to the streets on who is in for the 1000m and hillclimb? Curious minds etc.

Entered vmax and hillclimb with the evo. Don't expect to do great over the 1000m in the evo but thought what the hell, i'll give it a shot. Looking forward to the hill climb

Quote Originally Posted by 200MPH View Post
    So, holiday boredoms is in effect, time to poke the bear. What's going on with getting the official word out to the streets on who is in for the 1000m and hillclimb? Curious minds etc.
    got profile for both... website seems to have updated competitor numbers and at a guess hoping that means got both!!

--- maybe RWcrew too busy with their internets and video likes to get back to competitors ... (pity my AU prob wouldnt pass scruit or i'd be all over it for a laugh be the slowest car with highest original km's on un-opened engine and prob still complete a pass before the unsafety car ..)

... 200mph- on a side note you need to copy your data in profile to competitor 916 as well (which I gather is your sprint entry)......
    team sports can go to hell. I'm never going to rely on some weak minded MufaF@#$ to help me win a game. Ill win it myself. George Leeman.

We are not were we'd like to be in regards to having cars all sorted, but I'm a little happier now after getting my spare car running (which is entered under my brother).
    That car has complete new engine, ecu & electrical wiring done. used my old tank, surge tank & fuel pump setup from my race car, also put on the twin gtx35 setup after ceramic coating manifolds & exhaust housings.
    Ordered a set of injectors for it yesterday, they are only coming ex-east.
    still waiting on gearbox parts for this one
    will be going to fabricator to do intercooler piping when im back & probably some side pipes
    then diff gears need to be done & actually tune the combo

As for mine, Just ordered a new waterpump motor because that's developed a leak. Purchased another set of 7875 turbo's for it which need to be fitted. *should* be a direct replacement for existing ones, minus water cooling.
    change diff & converter & put in new rear main seal or find leak near sump, started leaking after 5 years of abuse.
    Should only take a day to do all this on mine.

Dad's new setup is basically the same deal as the spare, all new haltech elite setup, new motor, new turbo setup, mechanical fuel pump etc.
    Just need to finish off wiring & then do tuning on it.

next year I think we will concentrate on some aero work, for now we just stick with brute power.

17. Likes S85FI, Evman, heavyduty1340, catchya likes this post
    My new 416ci stroker with dragonslayer crank etc is built and in the ute, but not tuned.
    It headed off late last week to get some steel work done, then she comes back to SQP for some BRM rear end gear etc then tune the bitch and lean on it

19. Likes Damo 69, S85FI likes this post
    What's the deal with scrutineering and multiple sets of tyres? Was going to run street tyres for airstrip and r comps for hill climb. Do I need to bring both to scrutineering?

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    What's the deal with scrutineering and multiple sets of tyres? Was going to run street tyres for airstrip and r comps for hill climb. Do I need to bring both to scrutineering?
    Runway n sprints are different scrutineering , show for runway with road only and sprint is checked on the day

Quote Originally Posted by DISTRBD View Post
    Runway n sprints are different scrutineering , show for runway with road only and sprint is checked on the day
    Cheers mate!

Does anyone know what's happening with the Sprint and if the successful entrants have been notified yet? Have sent messages to the Racewars fb page and put posts on their page with no answer.
    Track Hack - 2001 Evo VII - 420hp at the hubs, 2.2 stroker, FP Red - 2019 Racewars Hillclimb outright 6th
    Weekender - 1988 Mercedes-Benz 300SE

I received a resend of my competitor links yesterday... If you haven't updated or added your information ... try and find that.. also if you look at the competitor/entrant list https://www.racewars.com.au/CompetitorProfile

you will see the numbers restart again at 900.... I am guessing (seeing as a few competitors replicate that the ones after 900 are for the sprint... so if your name is there you are poss in. the numbers go to 933 so that would leave room for rest from sponsors etc with cap at 50 for sprint.

ps: or you could send me your link and we'll get some wild claims started......
    team sports can go to hell. I'm never going to rely on some weak minded MufaF@#$ to help me win a game. Ill win it myself. George Leeman.

Yep got the links, I'd only completed one profile, I'll copy and paste over to the other one tonight.
    Thanks checked the entrant list and i'm on both the first list and the 900 series links.

I think I'll make some wild claims of my own,

cheers
    Track Hack - 2001 Evo VII - 420hp at the hubs, 2.2 stroker, FP Red - 2019 Racewars Hillclimb outright 6th
    Weekender - 1988 Mercedes-Benz 300SE

From the Racewars Webz: "Entry to the Racewars Sprint is reserved for a select group of 100 discerning entrants and is available by application only."

Discerning you say...well, dunno what that means, but I for one can discern that a new and proper hillclimb opportunity in WA is a very rare thing indeed!

So despite all the 900 series number speculation above, which appears to make sense, who knows how many and who are doing the hillclimb. From my experience, 100 entrants for a long hillclimb is fairly ambitious regarding timing, but lets see. Depends how many groups they need to divide field into and how many times road needs to be opened for other traffic. Those things will take big chunks of time out of the day even before Denver deposits his trans on the roadside, or some other idiot (like me) sails off the edge of the hill and gets a close up of Princess Royal Harbour entrance channel.

Anyways, please can I have an entry?

^^ you are listed twice as well 200.m.p.h

From the Racewars Webz: "Entry to the Racewars Sprint is reserved for a select group of 100 discerning entrants and is available by application only."

Discerning you say...well, dunno what that means, but I for one can discern that a new and proper hillclimb opportunity in WA is a very rare thing indeed!

So despite all the 900 series number speculation above, which appears to make sense, who knows how many and who are doing the hillclimb. From my experience, 100 entrants for a long hillclimb is fairly ambitious regarding timing, but lets see. Depends how many groups they need to divide field into and how many times road needs to be opened for other traffic. Those things will take big chunks of time out of the day even before Denver deposits his trans on the roadside, or some other idiot (like me) sails off the edge of the hill and gets a close up of Princess Royal Harbour entrance channel.

Anyways, please can I have an entry?
    seeing as the RW minions are either in Japan buying turbos, fixing broken AU's, giving out subscriptions or making random vids we'll have to do our own detective work.....

seeing as the bookface doesnt seem to have a decent search function (someone who uses it more than just checking events may be able to help) it seems like
    "Racewars
    December 14, 2018 ·
    #RW19 Competitor Update

The Racewars team will be reviewing and finalizing all Platinum Club & RW Sprint applications and notifying all applicants who have yet to be notified of the outcome by December 21st 2019.

All competitors are strongly advised to complete their competitor profiles to support their applications.

#stepyourgameup""

no news is prob good news then.,... I received my first email re competitor profile to increase chances of getting sprint on NOV 24th .... second one with same links sent out yesterday.... so check check......

also trolled the ABC site to find this...
    "RACEWARS GIVEN THE GREEN LIGHT 

Back in August the trial for Racewars, the drag racing event for car enthusiasts, was shut down by Police following noise complaints.

On Tuesday night, City of Albany councillors gave the go-ahead for a race from Middleton Beach to the Anzac Centre next March, on the condition it's a one-off trial.

Jonathon Murray is the event director of Racewars and said he praised the City for their gutsy decision.

"I think the important thing here is the council has realised the long term potential of the event and the benefits it can have economically for the community," he said.

"We understand that motor sport is not everyone's cup of tea but at the end of the day, I hope people can see the bigger picture."

Mr Murray said the trial would be capped at under 100 entrants with room to expand in future years.

In response to the noise complaints, regulations are in place to restrict the event to a 95 decibel limit.

"You're not going to have screaming, noisy full blown race cars," Mr Murray said."" .. so under 100.....

given that there seems to be 33 confirmed sprint entries (based on competitors replicated and numbers past 900 in profiles) I counted up prob another 30 plus cars that seem to be sponsor related ... meaning it is a good excuse to order some sprint related parts to #stepyourgameup

also checked cams definition of 95 dec limit....

how you say .

29. Likes butters likes this post
    I was told that if you haven't received a rejection for the sprint then you are in as a few others and I did message RW facebook for confirmation and one of us got that reply I'm pretty sure

31. Likes butters likes this post
    Well I am about a 100 on the list an have just entered the sprint an all looks good.
    R33 rb std turbo collie 56 sec

Those things will take big chunks of time out of the day even before Denver deposits his trans on the roadside, or some other idiot (like me) sails off the edge of the hill and gets a close up of Princess Royal Harbour entrance channel.
    When I show you the nuclear bomb blast grade tailshaft loop I’ve made to prevent a repeat of said gender reveal, you’ll be pleased that I won’t be going round 2.

34. Likes DISTRBD likes this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast