Volatile Customs
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
Results 151 to 166 of 166

Thread: The Racewars 2019 thread

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Rivervale
    Posts
    4,601
    Was peer pressured into entering this one and i am so glad i did.

    I did the first racewars and didnt really enjoy it but it has come such a long way from what it was. Staff \ Volunteers were professional and it didnt feel like a burden this time around asking to line up something.

    Thankyou to all the racewars staff \ volunteers. Will be back next year and will also be entering the sprint.
    MY09 Evo X MR

    Racewars Car #52. 209.96 KPH - ET: 24.631 - 1000 M

    Collie. 54.64

  2. Likes Phyber, TJ likes this post
  3. #152
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,919
    Not much to add to the above posts, a tragedy on Sunday despite all the hard work. Spent the night alone contemplating life a bit. Was not even sure the sprint would go ahead in the morning.

    On that topic thanks so much for the hillclimb. I am enjoying twisty stuff more than straight line these days despite not having a car set up for it, or even a good starting base given the weight!

    Julian, great chatting again and wow that SC whine sounds crazy inside the new Lotus! So long to the GT40, oh well.

    Simon's hillclimb video looks insane. Mine looks agricultural after viewing it hahahaha!

    ...but I'll still post my best lap Finished 33rd out of 87, was hoping middle of pack so very happy for a once a year racer in a Falcon.

    Really keen to get at LEAST a camber kit into the car for next year. The Nankang AR-1s did a decent job for a great price (thanks Jono) but I need to figure out pressures a bit better to maximise rear grip and steering response.






    and my favourite lap fun wise...second is very lazy down low so I was hitting first on exit from chicanes. Went easy at the start too (minor offroading on lap 3 cooled my jets) but got within 0.2 of my PB on lap 2.



    Dashcam kept shitting itself so sorry for the lost footage sections. All vids here for those that want more.
    "Let's put it this way, I've had an orgasm in the air before. Alone. And together." Miranda Kerr

    370,000+ km BFII XR6T | 11.94@120mph | 800m@242km/h (RW19) | 1000m@241km/h (2017 tune) | 2018 RW Sprint 57.81 | 2019 Hillclimb 1.46.76

  4. Likes ED40, Lump, dmanvan, 200MPH likes this post
  5. #153
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Port Kennedy
    Posts
    243
    This was my 3rd Racewars, like so many comments above, definitely my favourite so far! Big thanks to all the organisers and volunteers!
    The runway is always fun to go flat out over that distance but the hillclimb was awesome had so much fun. Pretty stoked finishing 6th with the new car setup, in car footage below of my 1.36.61



    edit; video link fixed
    Last edited by butters; 11-03-2019 at 06:48 AM.
    Weekender - 2001 Evo VII - 340hp at the hubs on 1.6bar Collie - 50.8
    Daily/Thongslapper - '03 BA XR8

  6. Likes Phyber, Greg Rust, adrenalin likes this post
  7. #154
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    772
    Can anyone put me in contact with anyone who was selling the t shirts to see if there is any left.
    I had 2 children that would not stop asking about the shirts all the way back from Albany as we promised them a shirt each but forgot all about it when the place was shut down on Sunday.


    Here's a video of the one time my go pro worked




    Also the reason I short shifted from the roundabout in the video above was the run after this .
    Last edited by 2jzlux; 07-03-2019 at 09:53 PM.

  8. Likes Phyber, 200MPH likes this post
  9. #155
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,919
    Quote Originally Posted by butters View Post
    This was my 3rd Racewars, like so many comments above, definitely my favourite so far! Big thanks to all the organisers and volunteers!
    The runway is always fun to go flat out over that distance but the hillclimb was awesome had so much fun. Pretty stoked finishing 6th with the new car setup, in car footage below of my 1.36.61

    https://www.facebook.com/jrjl89/vide...1515134940035/
    Video is private I think - content not available. Keen to view!
    "Let's put it this way, I've had an orgasm in the air before. Alone. And together." Miranda Kerr

    370,000+ km BFII XR6T | 11.94@120mph | 800m@242km/h (RW19) | 1000m@241km/h (2017 tune) | 2018 RW Sprint 57.81 | 2019 Hillclimb 1.46.76

  10. #156
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Albany
    Posts
    49

    I love Racewars, banter is fun and people are very friendly, cant wait for the next one
    I Almost had you

  11. Likes Phyber, S133LTR, Gr3mlin, adrenalin, S85FI, TJ, Bram, 200MPH likes this post
  12. #157
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    932
    Well done on getting your goal of the fwd national record! As for banter, your awards night shirt pretty much had it covered, well, more covered than Riggs at least...

  13. Likes Gr3mlin, LOUD1 likes this post
  14. #158
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Albany
    Posts
    49
    Ill take that as a good thing just the quarter mile to do now, hopefully get some stickier tyres and turn the boost down more, hopefully get a 10sec
    I Almost had you

  15. #159
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Huggydale
    Posts
    1,734
    Quote Originally Posted by 2jzlux View Post
    Can anyone put me in contact with anyone who was selling the t shirts to see if there is any left.
    I had 2 children that would not stop asking about the shirts all the way back from Albany as we promised them a shirt each but forgot all about it when the place was shut down on Sunday.
    Message Jess on the RW page on Facebook - that would be the quickest way.

  16. #160
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,668
    Quote Originally Posted by LOUD1 View Post

    I love Racewars, banter is fun and people are very friendly, cant wait for the next one
    Fuck that's a lot of blue in the interior! You look way to busy trying to drive that in a straight line compared to me.

    https://youtu.be/f-6pWZ8C0Nk

  17. Likes Gr3mlin, adrenalin likes this post
  18. #161
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    33,038
    Well done on chasing the goal - even for those who think it's eccentric.
    a n t i l a g . c o m

  19. Likes S85FI, heavyduty1340 likes this post
  20. #162
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Albany
    Posts
    49
    Are we watching the same video hahaha, drove straight as, there was never any pull on the steering wheel
    from torque steer, I got a wavtech lsd under load it locks, an I have the suspension set to also help eliminate torque steer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    Fuck that's a lot of blue in the interior! You look way to busy trying to drive that in a straight line compared to me.

    https://youtu.be/f-6pWZ8C0Nk
    I Almost had you

  21. #163
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,003
    Yeah, I didn't think i was watching a FWD.

  22. #164
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Huggydale
    Posts
    1,734
    I just wondered how many smurfs you needed to skin for the interior?

  23. Likes adrenalin, xr6tego, XT43 likes this post
  24. #165
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,668
    Quote Originally Posted by LOUD1 View Post
    Are we watching the same video hahaha, drove straight as, there was never any pull on the steering wheel
    from torque steer, I got a wavtech lsd under load it locks, an I have the suspension set to also help eliminate torque steer.
    I think it's just those first few gears & you look kinda tense/gripping the wheel that get's me.

    maybe im just to relaxed in mine, when i can 1 hand it.

  25. #166
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    12,556
    Quote Originally Posted by huggy_b View Post
    I just wondered how many smurfs you needed to skin for the interior?
    R32 GTR - Galvsport Signature Series

    Quote Originally Posted by masTers View Post
    DAMO PLZ

    Antilag.com can't afford to keep forking out for magazine subscriptions every time you offend someone

  26. Likes SimonR32, adrenalin, S85FI, LOUD1, Sensible likes this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts