ITP Racecars
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Racewars 2018 Thread

The Racewars 2018 Thread

It's that time of year once again so here's the run down on RW18 before it goes "public" elsewhere. Now there's a few things that are still being worked on and aren't 100% confirmed so while I'm going to post them below I've highlighted them in italics so you know it's not 100% but is being worked towards.

EVENT OVERVIEW
    Dates: Friday 2nd March – Monday 5th March 2018.

Key Changes for RW18
    - The event will continue to run in a limited capacity during RFDS interaction periods with 1/8th mile racing while the plane is in the airspace overhead inbound under the Airport Officers direction. Once the RFDS is on the ground the event will resume as per schedule and switch to 1/8th mile racing when the RFDS starts up to depart under the Airport Officers direction and switch back to the original schedule once the RFDS is outbound and clear of the overhead airspace under the Airport Officers direction. The racing stops for safety grounds and that’s it.

- RW is currently working with the council to plan, design and construct a more suitable return road and staging lane system with the view to have all traffic confined to the western side of the airport and a “One Way” traffic system in place to reduce traffic management risks inside the airport. So there's no more cars doing U-Turns in the pits and the route back to the pits is shorter. The standard of the return roads and staging lanes is of critical importance to me personally as I'm sick of it being a dust bowl / trashing cars and damaging shit. (No prizes for guessing who's car got some under body damage at RW17 now he's mad about it...) Don't expect sealed tarmac roads as that's honestly millions of dollars but properly prepared and graded service roads are a key principle of our commitment with the council.

- The addition of a “Premium Cash Days” entrant class will aim to attract more muscle car & dedicated race car entrants to the event with the ability to join the RW field during the ¼ mile sessions while only needing to comply with the Cash Days regulations not the full RW technical regulations.

- There will be a key focus on improving the off track attractions and amenities. With this in mind Racewars is working with the Capitol Group (Metropolis Fremantle / Capitol / Amplifier / The Edison) to create a stand-alone licensed RW18 Party Zone open all weekend and culminating in a Saturday night live music performance. The City of Albany is working to introduce a “Taste Great Southern” food & beverage marquee showcasing the best the region has to offer.

- RW will be actively seeking an increased number of trade stands including a “Kids Zone” with child friendly amusement options. An improved level of basic amenities such as serviced toilets and waste bins will also be a focus.

- An increased focus on utilizing technology and increasing the ability for all attendees to interact with the event should be considered subject to it being financially viable & prudent. Items being considered for discussion at this stage are.
    o Each entrant each RW18 entrant to receive their own profile page on the RW site with the expectation being they should supply more information about the vehicle and entrant to provide more context for commentary & general spectators.
    o A QR / Scan code on entrant decals to enable people to scan the vehicle on the day & be directed to the entrant’s profile page.
    o Video feed to onsite screens from the “hot end” of the track.
    o Improved PA & commentary hardware allowing greater access and freedom of movement for the commentary team around the airfield.
    o A stronger FM transmitter able to reach the far end of the airfield at a minimum.
    o A drivers briefing video / cartoon that can be watched and accepted by the entrant in advance of the event outlining essential safety information.

- Ancillary (jovial) competitions on the sideline of the main event. One thing that has been suggested is a “we help mow the grass for the council” and have a ride on mower race run during the weekend in front of the spectators… The potential for escalation here is profound (some nutters will drop V8’s or big bike motors in ride on mowers for sure). I shit you not this is actually actually a thing...

Event Schedule
    Friday
    18:30 – 20:30 Kebabs & Cars Albany – (Albany Marina)

Saturday
    08:30 - 09:00 Gates Open
    09:00 - 09:30 Drivers Briefing & Sign On – 1 x Drivers Briefing scheduled for 09:15 – Supplementary briefing scheduled for 12:00. No show = No racing.
    09:30 - 12:00 ¼ Mile Roll on Drag Racing (Trap speeds recorded)
    12:00 - 17:00 ½ Mile Roll on Drag Racing (Trap speeds recorded)
    12:00 - 24:00 RW Party Zone Open*
    17:00 - 18:00 Forged Magazine Cash Days Premium ¼ Mile Test Session.
    18:00 - 18:15 Forged Magazine Cash Days Driver Briefing + Buy In & 1st Round Draw
    18:15 - 22:30 Forged Magazine Cash Days Knock Out 1/8th Mile Drag Racing + Grudge Racing (Under Lights)
    22:30 - 23:00 Forged Magazine Cash Days Event Close
    23:30 - 24:00 RW Party Zone Wind Down + Close*

Sunday
    07:30 Gates Open
    08:00 - 08:30 Drivers Briefing 1 x Drivers Briefing scheduled for 08:15 – Supplementary briefing scheduled for 10:30. No show = No racing.
    12:00 - 19:00 RW Party Zone Open
    08:30 - 12:30 ½ Mile Roll on Drag Racing (Trap speeds recorded)
    09:00 - 15:00 Motul Racewars Albany Airport Show and Shine (After Albany Coffee & Car’s)
    12:45 - 15:30 VMAX Challenge 1000m Standing Start Passes
    15:30 - 16:30 VMAX Challenge Hour of Power (1000m Standing Start Passes)
    16:30 - 18:00 RW Party Zone Wind Down + Close*
    16:30 - 19:00 Event Close
    20:00 - 23:00 Motul Racewars After Party & Official Awards Ceremony – Garrisons Restaurant / ANZAC Museum Car Park

Monday
    09:00 - 13:00 Motul Racewars Albany City Sprint (Time dependent on entrant numbers)

And now the all important pricing.
    Platinum Club Competitor Entry (Application Basis) - $800
    Standard Competitor Entry - $350
    VMAX Challenge Upgrade (Application Basis) - $85.00

Yes it's gone up, yes we know people will be unhappy with that, but after another year where the RW team has wound up torching our own cash we're breaking even or we're not doing it.

Event media coverage as always is a key driver for entrants & sponsors ect ect ect. The live feed videos from RW17 were seen by over 1,000,000 people and I'm sure we can all agree the Motive even wrap up video is the best one we've had in a long time so expect a proper partnership with Motive DVD and it's partners for 2018. Also expect to see Speedhunters once again along with Forged Magazine and who knows who else will turn up.

The tech regulations are basically the same as they've always been, technical inspections will be basically the same process as last yr. Everyone hated tech but it gave us a quality field with hardly any mechanical safety issues over the weekend which was unexpected / amazing.

That's all I can think of at the moment as I'm sitting in my office at some shit tip mine in Botswana but I hope to see you all there in Albany in March 2018.
    Quote Originally Posted by JME View Post
    Fuck People.

Bikes?
    a n t i l a g . c o m

3. Likes ALEX., gt4, Steve likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Bikes?
    You're welcome to ride to the airport but there's more chance of me fucking the entire line up of Victoria Secret models while on an illicit substance bender in Kiev than bikes ever being allowed on track at RW.

Next?
    Fuck People.

Just getting that clarified early in the piece
    a n t i l a g . c o m

can the party zone be renamed to the nod zone?
    can i enter a belly tanker?
    will a v8sc be making an appearance?
    R32 GTR - Kippah Performance Signature Series

Quote Originally Posted by masTers View Post
    DAMO PLZ

Antilag.com can't afford to keep forking out for magazine subscriptions every time you offend someone

7. Likes masTers, S85FI, urabus likes this post
    Here for the trophies!

9. Likes huggy_b likes this post
    surely a bike race

Quote Originally Posted by SimonR32 View Post
    Here for the trophies!
    Going to ditch the kippah and spend a few shillings on the 32 so you have a chance at getting one? Turner likes this!

Quote Originally Posted by Damo 69 View Post
    will a v8sc be making an appearance?
    Dunno, is Ivan forking out for the DJR car?
    Fuck People.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckets View Post
    You're welcome to ride to the airport but there's more chance of me fucking the entire line up of Victoria Secret models while on an illicit substance bender in Kiev than bikes ever being allowed on track at RW.

Next?
    So that's a yes?
    I drive a Prius cause I'm dead inside.

Also, you chose the correct promo pic. 10 points to Gryffindor.

14. Likes S_E likes this post
    So whats the application criteria for vmax?

Quote Originally Posted by -Luke- View Post
    So whats the application criteria for vmax?
    Don't be slow.
    Fuck People.

17. Likes Cochee, S85FI, mARC, Damo 69, Hurtenstein likes this post

Next?
    Where do we sign up for this option? And do we get a shirt?
    Fuck cars, I'm taking up scrapbooking.

Don't be slow.
    Define slow?

Quote Originally Posted by -Luke- View Post
    Define slow?
    Sub 280kph i would say based off last years results, and the increase in average speed per year
    R32 GTR - Kippah Performance Signature Series

Quote Originally Posted by masTers View Post
    DAMO PLZ

Antilag.com can't afford to keep forking out for magazine subscriptions every time you offend someone

21. Likes S85FI, heavyduty1340, -Luke- likes this post
    There's no minimum speed required but there's not going to be spots for cars that won't do anything interesting.

The idea is entrants will be expected to provide us with a lot more information about their vehicle that previous years. This will allow us to ensure those people who've got something that is worth VMAX (even if it's a bit left of field and maybe not the quickest car on earth) don't miss out on it compared with someone in say a Golf GTI, SS Commodore ect ect with a tune, pipes and fk all else.

Another upside of requiring people to give us more information is that the commentators will have the ability to make informed commentary across the weekend which is more engaging for those tuning in.
    Fuck People.

23. Likes Bram, MrSparkle, S85FI, heavyduty1340 likes this post
    Fucking Mint
    I want 2 Platinum spots
    One for a Blown GTO
    One for my VF ute which may or may not be heading back to SQP for a new bigger blower/ race fuel combo.... FML

25. Likes Cochee, thommo, Trolley, S85FI, Damo 69, Buckets likes this post
    Fuck this event is getting more and more awsome!
    ALM #0024
    93 VR SENATOR

27. Likes heavyduty1340, Miggy, Phyber likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyduty1340 View Post
    Fucking Mint
    I want 2 Platinum spots
    One for a Blown GTO
    One for my VF ute which IS heading back to SQP for a pair of precision turbos / race fuel combo.... FML
    Sounds delicious Faedy.

Another upside of requiring people to give us more information is that the commentators will have the ability to make informed commentary across the weekend which is more engaging for those tuning in.
    We were asked to submit extra info for RW17 but I think the team were having too much fun/not enough time to actually read and make use of it :P

Love the idea of the entrant pages and QR codes, very modern and helps people spread the word to their friends about cars they are seeing that they love, or even got chopped by if a competitor hahaha

Thanks for bringing back the sprint, or at least planning to. I had an excellent time on that course!
    "Let's put it this way, I've had an orgasm in the air before. Alone. And together." – Miranda Kerr

380,000+ km BFII XR6T | 11.94@120mph | 800m@242km/h (RW19) | 1000m@241km/h (2017 tune) | 2018 RW Sprint 57.81 | 2019 Hillclimb 1.46.76

With fast series dead at the motorplex now. I'm just going to setup/prepare the car for hopefully 320kph.

Pulled dash out & all the original wiring, switching to haltech elite 2500 to control everything (fbw,boost,ecu,trans shift)
    Also converting engine to parallel cooling, Much tighter converter so im not sitting on 6000+ rpm for 13 seconds again.
    may or may not have turbo exhaust exit out the hood... weight saving there as a bonus i guess. might look at some aero mods.
    new breather/catch tank setup
    315 tyres for sure, the 275's i had to pedal too much.

then i also want to take my ute with it's twin turbo setup & see if i can touch on 300 with that.

Oh so very keen, turbo upgrade 🤔
    '10 Clio Cup Trophy 20th Anniversary
    '02 T3 Tickford TE50 #73
    '00 EVO 6.5 TME

Quote Originally Posted by huggy_b View Post
    Sounds delicious Faedy.
    Look at you go and get all excited there Little Chief...

Will 2018 be the year you finally run a car rather than your mouth?

Much love, hugs and kisses.
    xoxoxo
    Fuck People.

There's no excuses left, it's turn key!

34. Likes siladee, azzada1, Buckets likes this post
    Can you confirm if you miss out on the platinum club you get a standard entry as it wasn't that clear on entry day last year so I just purchased a standard entry to make sure I didn't miss out.
    Keen on platinum this year.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast