ITP Racecars
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Racewars Albany 2020 Thread

The Racewars Albany 2020 Thread

With entries opening soon ..... it is time to #stepyourgameup

Are entered/entering or need other relevant info and get lost on or not on FB then a couple that still use this will keep you updated..

This just in ... (as I was looking for the countdown clock on the website and making sure I was going to be in front of a computer at 1800 today.... )

From RW20 FB page /

#RW20 Competitor Announcement.

Racewars 2020 is pleased to announce it has just agreed to revised insurance terms with a more competitive provider which will allow us to continue to deliver our event to the standard you've come to expect from us.

As part of this agreement we will be revising two sections of the #RW20 Event Regulations. We will be publishing these revisions on Thursday 12th and as such we will delay the Official Launch until September 20th to allow for competitors to re-read the documents and understand how these changes may impact them.

The changes are limited to some additional clarifying statements to the Driver & Vehicle Safety Standards. It will make it easier for you to understand your requirements and help ensure you can prepare to go racing with the best possible safety gear at your disposal.

So while we appreciate this delay will frustrate some we hope you'll understand we are doing what we can to help ensure you can #stepyourgameup safely, sustainably and socially responsibly.

We thank you for your patience and understanding.

//////

So get ready to read up on the 12th then stump up on the 20th

//
    team sports can go to hell. I'm never going to rely on some weak minded MufaF@#$ to help me win a game. Ill win it myself. George Leeman.

2. Likes heavyduty1340 likes this post
    Interesting ...
    MY99 WRX 720whp 9.48@147mph
    1948 Chev 3100 Pickup 454
    1974 LH Torana LS3 Turbo
    1990 Legacy GT Wagon 685whp - RIP
    Racewars 2013 2nd Outright
    Racewars 2014 5th Outright

4. Likes heavyduty1340 likes this post
    Have the regs been posted, cause the website ones still say v1 and entries are meant to open tomorrow.
    1978 Nissan Skyline
    2014 BMW 328i

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
    Have the regs been posted, cause the website ones still say v1 and entries are meant to open tomorrow.
    pretty sure not.... nothing on FB and the link on racewars site still says v1.0 ....
    team sports can go to hell. I'm never going to rely on some weak minded MufaF@#$ to help me win a game. Ill win it myself. George Leeman.

Well its open, wasn't expecting it since no communication on the new regs being released... hopefully didn't miss out on vmax :|

bugger.... only just saw this half an hour ago.... got entries in hopefully,,,,,

so much for update regs and updating via FB before going live.

but can confirm money taken.... fingers crossed on the vMax

Quote Originally Posted by dmanvan View Post
    bugger.... only just saw this half an hour ago.... got entries in hopefully,,,,,

so much for update regs and updating via FB before going live.

but can confirm money taken.... fingers crossed on the vMax
    You'd better do VMax properly this year - time to find out what it will finally do over the 1000m after all these years! Don't wanna hear no excuses. Seeing as I'll be spectating, I'm running my mouth instead, starting now, obviously...

Quote Originally Posted by 200MPH View Post
    You'd better do VMax properly this year - time to find out what it will finally do over the 1000m after all these years! Don't wanna hear no excuses. Seeing as I'll be spectating, I'm running my mouth instead, starting now, obviously...
    rev limit will be raised ... we know from RW19 that backyard high school spec gaffa tape mods gets some gains....... gutted the golden ticket didnt even get a proper workout..... off to find moooore boost 1 more pulley to go....

//

Any updates on how sales are going?

No posts on their FB for 2 weeks either
    1978 Nissan Skyline
    2014 BMW 328i

They are focusing on the post event documentary called “Racewars Feel the Fyre”
    R32 GTR - Kippah Performance Signature Series

Quote Originally Posted by masTers View Post
    DAMO PLZ

Antilag.com can't afford to keep forking out for magazine subscriptions every time you offend someone

13. Likes EVLO likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
    Any updates on how sales are going?

No posts on their FB for 2 weeks either
    i think there are numbers on entry but in previous years hadn't been able to crack their system,,, as I am pretty sure it didn't start at #1,. as there must be a whole lot reserved for sponsors, as well as ones set aside for platinum...

If a few of us put date time entered and the number that was in email.. we may be able to get Damo to do a spreadsheet......

Quote Originally Posted by dmanvan View Post

If a few of us put date time entered and the number that was in email.. we may be able to get Damo to do a spreadsheet......
    Mate put his entry in for Vmax Friday about 8pm , R33 gts-t ..

Quote Originally Posted by DISTRBD View Post
    On my confirmation email

Friday 20/09/19
    20:03 RWCOM_280
    20:08 RWCOM_282

5mins 3 competitors .....

So find out his time and #...

I would expect it to be slower than usual given no 'official post ' about it being live... grab a mates Wallet and check what number is current.....lol......

Last edited by dmanvan; 25-09-2019 at 04:18 PM. Reason: extra info..

Quote Originally Posted by DISTRBD View Post
    any luck on his competitor communication number....?

Also surely there is more that a handful currently entered.....

They posted about it just now on Fb, still same regs on site though.
    1978 Nissan Skyline
    2014 BMW 328i

As of this morning //// FaceBook Official.//// for those that were waiting before deciding to enter...

For those that have done already, imagine you were part of the exclusive 'pre-sale' for AL patrons....

"Racewars 2020 entries are open.
    #stepyourgameup, head to the Racewars website and sign up today!

#RW20 // #unfinishedbusiness "

http://www.racewars.com.au

dont forget to read the regs, Jai and scruitineering crew don't cater to muppets who can't read........

//

I’ll be sprinting the whale up the hill again.

On some tyres that have grip this time.

21. Likes butters, DISTRBD, Damo 69, S13, Sensible, 200MPH likes this post
    ********** FB update //

Racewars 2020 Entry Update.

Runway Racing entries are live and we expect Premium Entries (Platinum Club + VMAX Challenge) to sell out soon.

If you're wanting to run in the 1KM VMAX Challenge or enjoy Platinum privileges don't delay! #stepyourgameup and sign up before they're sold out.

Standard Entries will remain open and Racewars will take expressions of interest from registered #RW20 Standard Entrants to join the wait list for any priority entry allocations that aren't utilized by sponsors or event partners.

Cash Days + Racewars Sprint Entries will open in November and separate announcements will be made shortly regarding those events.

********** FB update //

/

Racewars are pleased to announce BTG Mechanical as the Naming Rights Partner for Cash Days 2020!

Not only have Brook & his team at BTG have fielded the winner of both previous events they are also proud locals stepping up to support car culture in their community.

BTG Mechanical Cash Days entries will open in November with Racewars 2020 competitors being given an exclusive pre entry opportunity 1 week ahead of the general public along with discounted sign up!

// some awesome news...........

when we took some non-motorsport friends to RW at the first albany that had cash days.. they loved cashdays and was one of their fav parts of the weekend... with the new viewing areas and how the event has evolved with music, bar, grandstand etc viewing areas the nighttime cash days will be pretty awesome......

Roll call, anyone else signing up?
    Planning to tomorrow myself
    1978 Nissan Skyline
    2014 BMW 328i

yep
    R32 GTR - Kippah Performance Signature Series

Quote Originally Posted by masTers View Post
    DAMO PLZ

Antilag.com can't afford to keep forking out for magazine subscriptions every time you offend someone

Almost daily updates coming in from the RACEWARS crew via FB........

///////////

We often talk about "The Grassroots" of Motorsport but what does it mean?

To us it's not about your car, or your speeds, it's about your ethos and passion for going racing. In short "It's the vibe!" We go racing for fun, to enjoy our passion for car culture and the relentless pursuit of our own personal goals.

While we are awe struck with the power and performance our top tier entrants develop it doesn't matter to us if you've got 200hp or 2000hp. Everyone is welcome!

Too often we see people shy away from enjoying their car "because it won't be fast enough". If you genuinely believe that you're missing the point. At Racewars 2020 you've got the chance to legally explore what you & your car can do in a legal, safer & off street environment with like minded enthusiasts.

#stepyourgameup and find out what you're capable of, you might end up pleasantly surprised!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Whilst an Event like Racewars is a great equaliser in terms of rolling starts and how different vehicles not only get their power down but how they differ in their power-bandwidths as well.. It is also a great humbler. Too often on the street when driving a fast car you get so used to the turbo rush or supercharged thrust that you can think that you are in a very quick street car. And within the constraints of the street and the seat of your pants you are...... At RACEWARS only one can be the fastest and only one the quickest.. Not that is a bad thing as #stepyourgameup means you want to try and run again against guys that have beat you in the past and beat them or not lose by as much..... but there really is something about even getting toasted. When your close to the car next to you up to the double tonne and then you get left behind in the top end of the race it really is amazing and definitely beats watching a race go down from the fence-line. So like they say everyone is welcome , enter, pass scruit, turn up...

there really is NOWHERE in AUS where you can run side by side with another performance car over 800m without hoon laws coming to get you .............................................. Something that makes the event truly unique ....

/

27. Likes heavyduty1340, Socrates likes this post
    RACEWARS SPRINT UPDATE From RW20 FB ///////

Racewars is pleased to announce that Targa West Events have partnered with us to not just keep the The Racewars Sprint alive for 2020 but to use their wealth of experience and knowledge to help make the event bigger, better and elevate it to the next level.

It wasn't an easy decision for us to hand over The Sprint. However by partnering with Ross & his team we're able to focus all our energy on the Runway Racing side of Racewars 2020 knowing that Targa West will be able grow this event beyond what we could do on our own.

The Racewars Sprint will always remain part of the Racewars weekend, we'll always be part of The Racewars Sprint!

We want to thank the Street Car Racing Association of WA, Confederation of Australian Motor Sport - CAMS & The City of Albany for their help in developing this event and I'm sure all of us are looking forward to the next evolution of the sprint!

We'll still be there at Hybla Tavern on RW Monday ready and rearing to go!

#RW20 // #stepyourgameup // #unfinishedbusiness

/
    this is great news this years sprint was awesome and not just the road you get to fang it on,,, the location eateries (hybla etal... ) and other sights make this one worth staying an extra night in City of Albany area .......

29. Likes p0630034, Socrates likes this post
    Get your stories out Gents.....(and Ladies )

////////////

Racewars has been around since 2013 (2012 if you count the lead up to the 1st event) and during that time there's been a hell of a lot of tales that need to be told born off the back of peoples adventures along the #roadtoracewars

So for Racewars 2020 the Racewars Radio crew are going to try something a little bit different and sit down with people to talk about their #RWStories!

Got a tale you think needs telling, get hold of the guys and see if they'll swing their amazing new mobile studio your way for a yarn. (Wait until you see what they've gone and done...)

What could possibly go wrong! 🤷ping♂️

//////////////////////////////////////////

I am sure there are some good ones....... I know there has been a few shared on this forum over the years throughout the various RW threads........

got a story you care to share... let the #racewarsradio crew know.... or if they aren't that PG./ PC .. put them here......

/

I know in our household..... the lead up vids between the AU and the Camry were hilarious (especially to young teenage males )..... wonder what they are up to next.......I hope they havent gone all SUPRaserious .......

///////

Today we bid farewell to #grannypants.

The team at WTFauto have called time on the little Camry that almost kept our AU honest!

While we think we'll miss the banter we're slightly more concerned with what Tristan and the team are doing to their other cars with all the spare time they're not wasting on trying to make a nanna spec Centerlink car park special go fast!

If anyone actually know what they're up to drop the Racewars Radio guys a sneeky PM.

////////////

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast