Maytech
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2007 Nissan Patrol opinions?

2007 Nissan Patrol opinions?

Hey all,

I have no idea about 4wds let alone diesel 4wds.

I have seen a 2007 Patrol DX for sale. $17,000 manual and with quite a few extras.
    3.0L TDi.

It has done 286,000km.

Is this too high? Things I should look out for? Should I steer clear?

Any help would be appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchy View Post
    Tyson's had a cock pulled on him before, you'll be hard pressed to sneak anything past him now-a-days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
    Biggest oh shit moment was my own stupid fault, late at night Tyson & I were being a bit silly and giving it a fist full.

I'm also looking for something to Tow stuff with.

Seems to be a lot of information out there but hopefully antilag experts can help? The Nissans suffer cracks when Towing large loads? (not the Patrol but the Narvada) The colorado is just crap?

What's the purpose of the patrol Glen? Daily to take 4wding and tow stuff with?
    Jailbait

Quote Originally Posted by Evilteddy View Post
    Hey all,

I have no idea about 4wds let alone diesel 4wds.

I have seen a 2007 Patrol DX for sale. $17,000 manual and with quite a few extras.
    3.0L TDi.

It has done 286,000km.

Is this too high? Things I should look out for? Should I steer clear?

Any help would be appreciated!
    def get a mechanic you know and trust to look at it... also does it have a service history.... plenty of moderate km cars like this will have had no diff or gearbox fluid changes since they were under warranty... also has the injector pump ever been touched.. friend brought one recently even with a decent check and within 6 weeks up for new/recond injector pump...

so I would definitely have some dosh aside for unknowns in first 6 months (but then that pretty much applies for any second hand performance car or 4wd ).... some reading for homework:

https://www.redbook.com.au/editorial...88-2010-22866/

somelinks to diff between 4.2/3.0 http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...3-0l-TD-vs-4-2

hope that helps....... .
    p.s: don't listen to toyota people they'll always try to throw you off your game ...

//
    team sports can go to hell. I'm never going to rely on some weak minded MufaF@#$ to help me win a game. Ill win it myself. George Leeman.

Mate of mine has this for sale and has replaced all the usual things that go wrong on these. Selling due to buying new Navara. His old man has it listed and will be taking calls for it at the moment due to him being at work.
    https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/leem...-gu/1189068399
    Hilux 1UZ HTV1900 C4 Vipec V88 SOLD!!! Looking for XW or XY Fords
    ALM#294

6. Likes dmanvan likes this post
    they don't call the ZD30 engine a grenade for no reason get a pajero instead unless you want to do fully sick 4wding, if you do then get a landcruiser

ZD30 = Fail in every way.
    MY99 WRX 720whp 9.48@147mph
    1948 Chev 3100 Pickup 454
    1974 LH Torana LS3 Turbo
    1990 Legacy GT Wagon 685whp - RIP
    Racewars 2013 2nd Outright
    Racewars 2014 5th Outright

Just get a Toyota and be done with it...

Quote Originally Posted by dmanvan View Post
    def get a mechanic you know and trust to look at it... also does it have a service history.... plenty of moderate km cars like this will have had no diff or gearbox fluid changes since they were under warranty... also has the injector pump ever been touched.. friend brought one recently even with a decent check and within 6 weeks up for new/recond injector pump...

so I would definitely have some dosh aside for unknowns in first 6 months (but then that pretty much applies for any second hand performance car or 4wd ).... some reading for homework:

https://www.redbook.com.au/editorial...88-2010-22866/

somelinks to diff between 4.2/3.0 http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...3-0l-TD-vs-4-2

hope that helps....... .
    p.s: don't listen to toyota people they'll always try to throw you off your game ...

//

10. Likes dmanvan likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by strubaru View Post
    get a pajero instead unless you want to do fully sick 4wding, if you do then get a landcruiser
    x2.

Just sold my Paj for $10k, was fully geared for towing. 3.2 diesel auto is a beaut and much nicer to drive around town than a Patrol/Cruiser.

12. Likes strubaru likes this post
+ Reply to Thread