ITP Racecars
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UZJ100

UZJ100

G'day...

Friend has a 2007 UZJ100 and wants to do some mods to it. Was told that extractors make a huge difference to them and after I had a look at the factory manifolds I can see why they would, the only thing done to his Cruiser now is some aftermarket hiflow cats and a 3" catback.

He got quoted almost $3,000 to install the extractors, I can see it's a shit job with little room to move but they quoted 8 hours labour, supply Pacemakers, supply new cats and 4 new O2 sensors. He just got new O2 sensors less than a year ago after having the ECU complain because of the hiflows, apparently. So, not sure why he needs new cats and O2 sensors?

Anyway, has anyone got recommendations for what to do or what not to bother with for the 2UZ? And any recommendations for a good shop to do the work? I thought a chip and tuning would have been the best outcome for him but looks like those are around the $2,000 mark and not sure if that is inclusive of proper tuning or not. He knows 3T + big tyres + V8 auto is going to drink a lot regardless, even though someone told him that Pacemakers cut his LX470 combined fuel usage in half - which I think is bullshit.

He does want to set it up for touring, some towing and eventually doing offroad things. So far he hasn't taken it anywhere but the beach.

Cheers!

Shittest job ever, took me most of the day to do a full exhaust on a mates, the engines offset, the passenger side fucking sucks. Shit job, but not 3 grand bad.
    Mates barely noticed a change in fuel usage, about 1l/100km. Sounds better and slightly better power delivery, not worth it if he has a cat back system.
    Being n/a they are pretty well close to the limit tuning wise, not much in gains to be had, boost is the best option.
    Last edited by Brett_J; 05-07-2018 at 01:26 PM.
    FG XR6T - 388hp - 11.7 @ 119mph - sold
    2012 Prado D4D - Stockish - sold
    2013 VDJ76r cruiser - definitely stock.....
    WL Statesman LS1 - Stock
    HR31 Coupe - Unicorn

Aftermarket ECU and full tune can gain between 100 to 200 km extra from a tank.
    Hilux 1UZ HTV1900 C4 Vipec V88 SOLD!!! Looking for XW or XY Fords
    ALM#294

Quote Originally Posted by 1SPRINT View Post
    Aftermarket ECU and full tune can gain between 100 to 200 km extra from a tank.
    Any more info? I suspected that the basic rule of compromise was in place but know fuck all about the 2UZ. Apart from that it makes my 23 year old Range Rover fuel economy look acceptable.

200km isn't a trivial amount, I'm interested in more info as well, my mate would froth over that amount, especially as he has to tow a sizeable boat back from over east.
    WL Statesman LS1 - Stock
    HR31 Coupe - Unicorn

200km isn't a trivial amount, I'm interested in more info as well, my mate would froth over that amount, especially as he has to tow a sizeable boat back from over east.
    WL Statesman LS1 - Stock
    HR31 Coupe - Unicorn

I can't remember the specifics but it was a few years ago, Justin at BYE put either a Vipec, Haltech or Link into a 100 series.
    The owner was doing long trips, between Kal and Perth I think and after the new ECU and tune he was claiming to be getting about an extra 200km to a tank
    Hilux 1UZ HTV1900 C4 Vipec V88 SOLD!!! Looking for XW or XY Fords
    ALM#294

+ Reply to Thread