ITP Racecars
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: F1 2018

Max is RBR's boy they probably would hav eonly offered dan a 1yr contract until the Gas was ready so he took a proactive move to a team until 2021 Shakeup . RBR will probably promote Gas over taking Sainz Back as the max/sainz dynamic has had issues in the past
    who knows where he will end up

Highly doubt a one year offer was on the table - it's not like RBR didn't want Dan around.
    a n t i l a g . c o m

Would laugh pretty hard if the (old, probably false) rumour that Newey was heading to Renault turned out to be true.

4. Likes infamous_t, ED40, Sensible likes this post
    Force Stroll coming at ya!
    a n t i l a g . c o m

It’s a shame Ocon will lose his seat for Stroll

Will Williams take Kubica full time? It’s definitely going to be an interesting silly season to see where everyone ends up
    Nismo Sauras Jr 290hp and 450kg

61.3 Long track Wanneroo,
    52.4 Short track Wanneroo
    46.55 Collie

I'd rather 405 people keep their jobs and Ocon have to move teams.
    a n t i l a g . c o m

8. Likes Mr Xxxxx likes this post
    So i just read Alonso is apparently making an annoucement this week and there are also rumors of a drive lineup change before SPA that would be weird and probably BS but not unheard of though

Stroll to FI
    Ocon to Mclaren

Seems Very far fetched

Vandoorne to?
    a n t i l a g . c o m

Centrelink?
    The car is a dog but then he has been hosed by Alonso.

12. Likes Sensible likes this post
    Vandoorne to 3rd driver or maybe alonso has just descided to say fuck it and take a sebatical of the permenent variety. i mean stroll to FI seems highly likeley since his father effectivly secured his spot there an immediate move across coul have been part of the deal

https://www.mclaren.com/formula1/tea...onso-decision/

McLAREN CONFIRMS FERNANDO ALONSO DECISION
    Fernando will not race in Formula 1 in 2019

McLaren Racing today confirms that double F1 World Champion Fernando Alonso will not race in Formula 1 in 2019.

Fernando, who turned 37 in July, is competing in his 17th F1 season, his fifth with McLaren, and has amassed 32 wins, 22 pole positions and 97 podiums to date. Beyond his two titles – in 2005 he became the then-youngest world champion in F1 history – Fernando has been championship runner-up three times.

Zak Brown, Chief Executive Officer, McLaren Racing, commented:
    “Fernando is not only an outstanding ambassador for McLaren but also for Formula 1. His 17 years in the sport, as arguably the pre-eminent driver of his generation and undoubtedly an F1 great, have added another layer to Formula 1’s rich history.

“There is a time for everyone to make a change and Fernando has decided the end of this season to be his. We respect his decision, even if we believe he is in the finest form of his career. Our open dialogue with Fernando has meant we could plan for this eventuality.

“While evaluating his future during the past months, Fernando’s competitiveness has been undimmed. He has continued to perform at the highest level throughout, as we know he will do in the remaining nine races of this year’s championship.

“I know that the entire team joins me in paying tribute to Fernando’s enormous contribution to McLaren; he is a legend both for the championship and for the team. Fernando is an important part of our story and will join an illustrious line of McLaren drivers. On behalf of Shaikh Mohammed, Mansour and our entire board, we wish Fernando every success in the future.”

Fernando Alonso commented:
    “After 17 wonderful years in this amazing sport, it’s time for me to make a change and move on. I have enjoyed every single minute of those incredible seasons and I cannot thank enough the people who have contributed to make them all so special.

“There are still several grands prix to go this season, and I will take part in them with more commitment and passion than ever.

“Let’s see what the future brings; new exciting challenges are around the corner. I’m having one of the happiest times ever in my life but I need to go on exploring new adventures.

“I want to thank everyone at McLaren. My heart is with the team forever. I know they will come back stronger and better in the future and it could be the right moment for me to be back in the series; that would make me really happy. I have built so many great relationships with many fantastic people at McLaren, and they have given me the opportunity to broaden my horizons and race in other categories. I feel I am a more complete driver now than ever.

“I made this decision some months ago and it was a firm one. Nevertheless, I would like to sincerely thank Chase Carey and Liberty Media for the efforts made to change my mind and everyone who has contacted me during this time.

“Finally, I would also like to thank my former teams, team-mates, competitors, colleagues, partners, journalists and everyone I have worked with in my F1 career. And, especially, my fans all over the world. I am quite sure our paths will cross again in the future.”
    Quote Originally Posted by BALISTC View Post
    Trust me, if someone could find me a stackhat and a 911, I'd happily do it.

Adios - if only he played the politics of F1 as well as he drove.
    a n t i l a g . c o m

16. Likes anton, Sensible likes this post
    If anyone is ever in Spain I highly recommend going to Alonso’s Museum in Oviedo, was everything from his first karts al the way through to the Indy 500 car

I was there the week after the LeMans win and the trophy was already on display and I’ve read that the Toyota will be there after the Endro season finishes

46.55 Collie

18. Likes ALEX., beatle likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
    If anyone is ever in Spain I highly recommend going to Alonso’s Museum in Oviedo, was everything from his first karts al the way through to the Indy 500 car

I was there the week after the LeMans win and the trophy was already on display and I’ve read that the Toyota will be there after the Endro season finishes
    Man I wish I knew that when I was there.

20. Likes Chu likes this post
    Likewise but alas
    a n t i l a g . c o m

22. Likes LostInTheWoods likes this post
    And musical chairs continues
    Sainz to MacLaren

46.55 Collie

https://www.mclaren.com/formula1/ins...-mclaren-2019/

done and dusted..

i was actually thinking if sainz didnt get something sorted RBR would swap him and ricciardo asap 1. because it reduces ricciardo taking 2019 with him. 2. it would have allowed RBR to have a test run of sainz and verstappen to see how it went before making a descision
    so i wonder where ocon or perez is going to go

Quote Originally Posted by anton View Post
    [url]
    so i wonder where ocon or perez is going to go
    Never actually thought that is could be Sergio that goes but with the Stroll money do FI need the Mexicash?

Ocon is a Merc driver so thinking along that line he is safer than Perez

46.55 Collie

Gasly to RBR
    a n t i l a g . c o m

Given that RBR is third by a margin... would they entertain the idea of getting verst. some honda time..... in the last part of the year. in ToroRosso. Was thinking given some of their comments in the media about them thinking Dan was staying and then being blindsided with him going that they may demote him to TR for the rest of the season but given that they are going to use Honda next year would make more sense for their next years drivers to get some practice blowing up engines......
    team sports can go to hell. I'm never going to rely on some weak minded MufaF@#$ to help me win a game. Ill win it myself. George Leeman.

28. Dislikes TheChad dislikes this post
    Why - they would have already tested it in the sim ?
    a n t i l a g . c o m

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Why - they would have already tested it in the sim ?
    well steak knives are out over at RBR .... Dan def going to have to watch his back in the Spa.... if they could test everything in a sim they'd just race in a sim as well.....

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/f1...-ng-b88936125z
    team sports can go to hell. I'm never going to rely on some weak minded MufaF@#$ to help me win a game. Ill win it myself. George Leeman.

Dan has retired 1/3 of his races this year.
    I don't think anyone in an RBR needs to sit in a Honda powered car to know what blowing up a motor feels like.

32. Likes mr_rotary likes this post
    or they are like saving themselves.... for the honour ..... Arigatou gozaimasu ......

a n t i l a g . c o m

35. Likes waxdass, beatle likes this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast