ITP Racecars
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [2nd September] Antilag Supercruise #17!

Quote Originally Posted by Rajvosa View Post
    i honestly dont wanna sound like a nag cos its a great event
    Definitely not sounding like a nag mate. We need the feedback. We're all flying by the seat of our pants so feedback is great.

Lets see how this one goes with only 50 drivers. I suspect 60 is just slightly too many.

Having said this, it's a great problem to have! So good to see the events getting some proper support.
    [ALM] X5M Daily
    Empire Performance - Mitsubishi Evo 6 Tarmac Rally Car.

2. Likes S85FI, MrSparkle likes this post
    ^^ i did the wet lap first up then had small break and then had one more before lunch. after lunch i waited for a while lined up and then had one go after which i came back to same line and had a go pretty much right after.

my friend had one wet lap, then next lap was around 10:30. after lining up for a while lunchtime came and he didnt wanna do the cruise so went out with me for a few laps. after lunch he lined up and didnt go out until 3:30pm (fast lane) at which point he had enough of waiting....

"The people I spoke to all got 4/5 sessions in the morning, and another 6/7 sessions in the afternoon if they stayed until the end. This is usually plenty for everyone's tyres / brakes / fuel, and what we try to aim for each event. "

man i have no idea how anyone got 4/5 sessions in the morning..i was lined up whole time just about and didnt get past 2 times.. and friend didnt get any goes until 3:30pm which is when we left so he might have had another maybe 2 goes after that...

Quote Originally Posted by Brockas View Post
    Definitely not sounding like a nag mate. We need the feedback. We're all flying by the seat of our pants so feedback is great.

Lets see how this one goes with only 50 drivers. I suspect 60 is just slightly too many.

Having said this, it's a great problem to have! So good to see the events getting some proper support.
    great start trying to get 50 in max. also i would agree having cruise first up or at the end

its a great event and excellent to see so many people support it. well done for running it

Quote Originally Posted by Brockas View Post
    We're going to limit this one to 50 cars.

We already have 10 entries, so I would suspect it'll reach capacity relatively quickly.

This is what we try hard to avoid, and I'm keen to know if you kept lining up straight away after every session out or had a 10/15 min break before lining up again?
    I was literally the first car lined up after the briefing and only parked up during the lunch/cruise session, I did have to leave at 3.45 for family commitments.
    I got 4 sessions (not including cruise), first one was wet, second I had some guys treating it like the cruise and doing skids.

Also don’t want to sound like a nag as all the previous events I got a ton more laps and I like the atmosphere and people at the event.
    I also realise there are other options (eg. tuning days) if I just want to lap, but not too many options for those who like the cruise portion.

Never made it to one before so I'm honestly not sure what the issue / issues are but would it be worth extending the amount of laps people do during the fast lap session before they get waved in so they do longer sessions but less of them?

Instead of 1 Warm Up + 3 Laps + 1 Cool Down do something like 1 Warm Up + 6/8 Laps + 1 Cool Down?

This means you know there's going to be a good slug of track time, followed up a good slug of time to go and park up before you need to get staged for the next session?

The cruise sessions are for skids and shenanigans so keep them as they are and do skids pingpingpingpings!
    Quote Originally Posted by JME View Post
    Fuck People.

Not sure that will fix it and most street cars will run out of brakes with 8 laps.
    I think the lower entrant limit and having skids at the beginning or end should work.

8. Likes S85FI likes this post
    I would run out of brakes after 4 laps.
    I got 8 sessions in, mostly in the fast lane, had to jump in the 2nd line a couple of times due to missing my group but only when there were a few people in the line so not to knock anyone out of a go

My session times were 9.35, 10.45, 11.20, 12, 3.20, 3.45, 4.30 and 4.45
    definitely worth sticking around as you can almost do back to back runs at the end of the day
    Track Hack - 2001 Evo VII - 420hp at the hubs, 2.2 stroker, FP Red - 2019 Racewars Hillclimb outright 6th
    Weekender - 1988 Mercedes-Benz 300SE

10. Likes S85FI, DISTRBD likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckets View Post
    Never made it to one before so I'm honestly not sure what the issue / issues are but would it be worth extending the amount of laps people do during the fast lap session before they get waved in so they do longer sessions but less of them?

Instead of 1 Warm Up + 3 Laps + 1 Cool Down do something like 1 Warm Up + 6/8 Laps + 1 Cool Down?
    3 fast is fine , warm up n cool down , morning session was 3.5 hours ...

12. Likes heavyduty1340 likes this post
    I think I clocked 38 laps on the Harry Lap Timer and didn't time 3 or 4 sessions so I definitely got enough sessions.

I know the morning was busy but for everyone that was there I think 50% of them have never even been to a Supercruise or been on the Collie track before.

Pretty sure even the beginners line was all the way to the track so I would say that would be the explanation for most of the guys in the beginners lane only getting a couple of sessions in the morning.

Try cap it at 50 and see how you go but the way it runs now imo works well.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckets View Post

This means you know there's going to be a good slug of track time, followed up a good slug of time to go and park up before you need to get staged for the next session?

The cruise sessions are for skids and shenanigans so keep them as they are and do skids pingpingpingpings!
    A lot of the cars brakes would cook like fuck after 5 or 6 hot laps - 1-3-1 is good.
    Bart and Brockas have seen my VF ute cooking 6 pot brembos there before.

15. Likes boostnglxr likes this post
    Yup, we are capping it at 50 this event, keen to see how it goes.

19 entries so far, so about 40% of the spots are taken. If you're keen to enter it'd be a good idea to do it soon
    [ALM] X5M Daily

I had a blast at the August one. I got 4 runs before lunch and another 4 after, probably could have squeezed in another at the end of the day but intercooler hose popped off so I called it a day. I was in the fast lane with the other Evos and pretty much went out with my group every single time. I think capping the numbers at 50 will be the right balance between providing enough track time for everyone while also having sufficient numbers. Some of the other lanes were quite long so I can understand that some people may have had issue with wait times.

In saying that I've been to a few supercruises where they didn't sell out and in those events got huge amounts of track time so it works both ways. I think a combination of RAC DTEC shutting down and people becoming more aware of the supercruises will only make them more popular down the line.

Will give this one a miss but its a great event and hope to make the next one

18. Likes Brockas, DISTRBD likes this post
    Bringing the Golf R32 back for another run.

Thanks for organising this. Had a lot of fun last time.

$$$ sent

20. Likes Brockas likes this post
    Hey I've been told that fire extinguishers need to be serviced and tagged even of they're brand new (I just went out and got one from supercheap).
    Does anyone know of somewhere that does it in the eastern suburbs or am I better off just buying a new one somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by disorder View Post
    Hey I've been told that fire extinguishers need to be serviced and tagged even of they're brand new (I just went out and got one from supercheap).
    If you have the receipt for the new one then that will be fine , can not be a slip in style..

23. Likes disorder likes this post
    ^^ What Bart said. Just make sure it's mounted correctly.

25 entrants paid. That's half the spots gone, just over 2 weeks till the event
    [ALM] X5M Daily

25. Likes S85FI, disorder, FJ Steve likes this post
    Is there another one of these later in the year?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    Track Hack - 2001 Evo VII - 420hp at the hubs, 2.2 stroker, FP Red - 2019 Racewars Hillclimb outright 6th
    Weekender - 1988 Mercedes-Benz 300SE

Yup, 2nd of December.

There are only 10 spots left for this one. Would recommend getting entries in now as I don't think there will be spots left on the day itself.
    [ALM] X5M Daily

Once again an amazingly organised well run event

Highlight of my day, Royce breaks gearbox, some minimal peer pressure follows... result is burnout with the only gear left in the box

Was a good day. Thanks to the guys running and helping out all day. Kept it pumping all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by JME View Post
    Fuck People.

30. Likes Scousey likes this post
    Thanks to everyone who was running the day and helping out. Ran smoothly and the runs were constant.

Great day and I really enjoyed flogging the little 2002 all day!

I think I managed 8-9 runs. And ran a 59.38 before the phone died with a stock engine and upgraded suspension. Don't know if that is any good for a NA 2L though.
    Shame the rear exhaust hanger broke as I was chasing down the Torrie in the last session, felt you just left us out there to have some fun.

First time down and will be back again in December with a few mods for straight line speed.

32. Likes DISTRBD, S85FI likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scousey View Post
    Thanks to everyone who was running the day and helping out. Ran smoothly and the runs were constant.

Great day and I really enjoyed flogging the little 2002 all day!

I think I managed 8-9 runs. And ran a 59.38 before the phone died with a stock engine and upgraded suspension. Don't know if that is any good for a NA 2L though.
    Shame the rear exhaust hanger broke as I was chasing down the Torrie in the last session, felt you just left us out there to have some fun.

First time down and will be back again in December with a few mods for straight line speed.
    What an awesome little car bud! Very tidy, so nice to see..

And that seems like an exceptional time for an NA 2L 2WD! Thing must handle like it's on rails!

34. Likes Scousey, S85FI likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scousey View Post
    felt you just left us out there to have some fun.
    Yep , why it is worth hanging out to the very end ..

36. Likes Scousey likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ola View Post
    What an awesome little car bud! Very tidy, so nice to see..

And that seems like an exceptional time for an NA 2L 2WD! Thing must handle like it's on rails!
    Cheers mate.
    The car has had the suspension upgraded with Ireland Engineering Stage 2 springs, Sport Bilstein shocks all round, 22mm adjustable front and rear sway bars, front camber plates and all the bushes replaced with Urethane. Plus the A050Rs helped a lot.
    So very well sorted in that case and yeah, just point and shoot into and out of corners. The car just gives you confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by DISTRBD View Post
    Yep , why it is worth hanging out to the very end ..
    Very worth it! Will be back down in December.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2