ITP Racecars
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [2nd September] Antilag Supercruise #17!

[2nd September] Antilag Supercruise #17!

Well, after the last one sold out we've decided to book the track for the 2nd of September. The following event will be the 2nd of December.

It's first-come first-serve, so please get your payments in ASAP as it's likely to sell out again.

Here are some of the highlights from previous cruises!
    https://www.facebook.com/antilagcom/...8980667188093/

Timing: This is not a timed event; Download "Harry's Lap Timer" or "Racelogic boxes" to your smartphone to record your times. They have been known to be quite accurate.

EARLY BIRD PRICE $130 (available until 27th August, after this date the price will be $150).

*Any queries regarding pricing please PM myself or Erin (Anahera).

Date: Saturday, 2nd September 2017
    Format: Untimed Laps and Cruise Sessions

PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS BELOW
    Drivers Licence
    Fire Extinguisher - If you turn up without a fire extinguisher your car will not be passed by the scrutineer.
    Helmet - This must meet the Australian design rules and have no damage. Motocross helmets are not approved.
    Long sleeved pants/top & Enclosed shoes - This is a mandatory requirement - anyone not compliant will not be allowed on the track.

Event Schedule; (Subject to Change)
    8am - Scrutineering and Sign on
    8:30am - Drivers Briefing
    8:45am - Fast laps 5 cars at a time
    Midday - Lunch break - burnout pit open to anyone who wants to drop a skid
    1pm - Cruise Sessions (Open to all cars)
    2.30pm - Fast laps
    4.30pm - end.

Fast Laps:
    These will be run with the following format - 1 out lap, 3 flying laps, 1 in lap. 5 cars out at a time.
    As stated above we recommend installing a timing app on your smartphone (Harry's Lap Timer works well down there)

Cruise Sessions:
    We will have all cars out at one time. You will be permitted to do the following:
    Roll-on Drag Race
    Powerskids
    Rolling Burnouts

You will not be allowed to do a standing-still burnout (if we see you on the brake and stationary, you will be kicked out immediately), nor will you be allowed to drift at any stage. This is not negotiable.

To enter, simply transfer the entry fee into the account below and use your username or last name as the referral with "SC16" as the preface. For example, mine would be "SC16-Brockas".
    Bank - National Australia Bank
    Account Name - Antilag
    BSB - 086138
    Account # - 828096583

** Please PM/email your payment confirmation to Anahera (erinkuljis@gmail.com)**

Passengers: Up to 1 passenger per car is permitted. Passenger wristbands can be purchased on the day for $30. Please bring correct change as change will not be available on the day. Passengers must wear the same safety equipment as the driver (helmet and long sleeves / pants).

It's a cheap day for a lot of fun! Just ask anyone who's been to the last 16!
    [ALM] X5M Daily
    Empire Performance - Mitsubishi Evo 6 Tarmac Rally Car.

2. Likes 2jzlux likes this post
    Ahh shit will be in Bali.
    MY09 Evo X MR

Racewars Car #252. 212.03 KPH - 800 M

Collie. 54.64

As a point of discussion, we're considering moving the cruise session to either the first thing in the morning, or the last part of the day.

This would mean the guys only doing fast laps can either sleep in a bit or go home early, and don't have to wait around for an hour during the middle of the day.

Opinions? Morning or afternoon cruise session?
    [ALM] X5M Daily

Scouse maybe get in early this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Brockas View Post
    As a point of discussion, we're considering moving the cruise session to either the first thing in the morning, or the last part of the day.

This would mean the guys only doing fast laps can either sleep in a bit or go home early, and don't have to wait around for an hour during the middle of the day.

Agree.

Either or i dont think matters too much. But 100% agree.
    MY09 Evo X MR

Collie. 54.64

All paid, look forward to meeting some of you. Just to confirm, do passengers need to be AL members?

8. Likes S85FI, DISTRBD likes this post

I think that's a great idea.
    The decision on afternoon or morning is probably better made by the guys who come for the skids.

10. Likes MrSparkle, S85FI likes this post
    Morning would be heaps smoother for skids. Cooler temps, gives the fast lap crew a chance to sleep in, and means that you don't have guys there for skids that get carried away in the fast lap section.
    Jailbait

I personally like the cruise session where it is. Nice break up of the day and a good chance for the cars to get some rest, well some anyway...

13. Likes S85FI likes this post

Also a fan of this option, not bothered about which end of the day skids is at, either get a sleep in or don't have to drive home in the dark/dusk
    Track Hack - 2001 Evo VII - 420hp at the hubs, 2.2 stroker, FP Red - 2019 Racewars Hillclimb outright 6th
    Weekender - 1988 Mercedes-Benz 300SE

15. Likes adrenalin likes this post
    Keep it the way it is , aint broke so don't try n fix it

As for skid guys doing morning " sprint ' I suggest they all go out as a group so they wont hold up the "fast " cars ..

17. Likes ED40, patty likes this post
    Skids?
    Quote Originally Posted by JME View Post
    Fuck People.

I like that idea send the skid cars out as a group for fast laps if they are ok with that.
    R33 rb std turbo collie 56 sec

20. Likes DISTRBD likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by DISTRBD View Post
    Keep it the way it is , aint broke so don't try n fix it

As for skid guys doing morning " sprint ' I suggest they all go out as a group so they wont hold up the "fast " cars ..
    Yup Just responding to some feedback over the weekend, but also happy to keep it the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by boostnglxr View Post
    I like that idea send the skid cars out as a group for fast laps if they are ok with that.
    It's always our intention to send the slower guys out in a big group, was difficult due to space constraints on the weekend but it's definitely something we'll try to address for the next one.
    [ALM] X5M Daily

was difficult due to space constraints
    Great problem to have though , maybe we could look at going 5-6 lanes ..

23. Likes S85FI, Brockas likes this post
    I know the dates are limited to what's available but is there any chance you could change them up a little next year?
    I work week on week off and 2nd of December is the only supercruise that fallen on my days off and I used up all my holidays for racewars.
    Keen for 2nd December though.

25. Likes p0630034 likes this post
    Last one I went to (#15) the track was fastest straight off then went away as the day went on.. But I like the idea of either early leave/late start.
    Evo V RS

i think having the cruise section at the end of the day would be great. at least for me with two kids under 2 at home it helps heading home bit earlier than staying til the end.

also i know people keep saying there s plenty of track time but man i got out 3 or 4 times... my friend went out twice whole day. (not counting cruise section). we ended up leaving just after 3:30pm (yes i know 4:30pm is the end time) but there were still 20+ cars when we left lining up.. gonna miss couple of these as its just not worth driving down paying the fee/fuel (accomodation for some) and then getting out handful of times.

28. Likes MrSparkle likes this post
    hmmm were people cutting in on you? I managed to get out twice before my car died in the anus...and that was at about 11am I think....

Quote Originally Posted by Rajvosa View Post
    i know people keep saying there s plenty of track time but man i got out 3 or 4 times... my friend went out twice whole day. (not counting cruise section). we ended up leaving just after 3:30pm (yes i know 4:30pm is the end time) but there were still 20+ cars when we left lining up.. .
    Paul did mention at drivers brief it would go to 5 to allow more laps , My mate driving my car used 3/4 tank and they didn't do cruise sessions and left at 3.30 , he kept lining back up after every run and not parking up ...

I had 3 by time i called it quits ( just before cruise session ).

Prob would of got 6 in max had the car been running right.

I also think there was just way too many cars.

Also people lane jumping wouldnt have made it easy for Erin trying to figure out who to send out next.

To me its better to have people leaving having felt like they got ample time vs leaving thinking they didnt get enough time. Obviously understand you need to make money to keep these going. Just need to find a right balance.

Maybe limit of 55 drivers ?
    MY09 Evo X MR

Collie. 54.64

32. Likes S85FI likes this post
    How do you guys decide who goes in the fast or slow lane? Is it a minimum ET? Just to note it was pretty easy to jump between lanes last time i went, picking the shortest lane to get on the track quicker. Maybe enforcing this might help? Stick a 1 or 2 on the car when scrutineered?
    In my experience relaxing a bit in the morning and letting everyone get it out of their system and by the end of the cruise session in the afternoon meant I have always had unlimited track time but then again I have never been to a sold out event!

As events like these grow in numbers more control needs to be taken by organizers to stop thing like lane jumping, I wasn't at the event so this is just an observation from what has been said above

It is easy to control by putting a lane number on each car and only letting them out when that lane is running, if you miss your lane then too bad so sad.

In saying that drivers should be mindful that their pushing in is ruining the day for other and that could lead to other not coming back to the event.

Back when the Speedevent Series was running successfully without all the petty politics we would regularly get 5 runs with about 70 cars and still be done for about 3.30 to allow people ample time to get home in good light
    Nismo Sauras Jr 290hp and 450kg

61.3 Long track Wanneroo,
    52.4 Short track Wanneroo
    46.55 Collie

Patiently waiting for the home reno’s to be finished before more aero mods to break those times above

35. Likes mr_rotary likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Byah! View Post
    hmmm were people cutting in on you? I managed to get out twice before my car died in the anus...and that was at about 11am I think....
    man not sure if they were cutting in front of me. i was in the 3rd line all the time as i wasnt under 55secs.

Sensible mentioned maybe putting lane number on each car. might help with keeping lines even and not having people going to shortest line etc..

i honestly dont wanna sound like a nag cos its a great event and i love the track and will be back for sure but standing around for most of the time just kills it for me

We're going to limit this one to 50 cars.

We already have 10 entries, so I would suspect it'll reach capacity relatively quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajvosa View Post
    also i know people keep saying there s plenty of track time but man i got out 3 or 4 times... my friend went out twice whole day. (not counting cruise section). we ended up leaving just after 3:30pm (yes i know 4:30pm is the end time) but there were still 20+ cars when we left lining up..
    This is what we try hard to avoid, and I'm keen to know if you kept lining up straight away after every session out or had a 10/15 min break before lining up again?

The people I spoke to all got 4/5 sessions in the morning, and another 6/7 sessions in the afternoon if they stayed until the end. This is usually plenty for everyone's tyres / brakes / fuel, and what we try to aim for each event.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
    As events like these grow in numbers more control needs to be taken by organizers to stop thing like lane jumping, I wasn't at the event so this is just an observation from what has been said above

It is easy to control by putting a lane number on each car and only letting them out when that lane is running, if you miss your lane then too bad so sad.
    While I didn't see a massive issue with lane jumping on the day, the numbers on the cars is a good idea.

The only issue is the lanes are segregated into slowest to fastest, and we recommend people going from slower lanes into faster lanes if they keep catching people.
    [ALM] X5M Daily

38. Likes boostnglxr likes this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast