ITP Racecars
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: The Racewars 2018 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fourseven View Post
    Finally, Studio 146. What a filthy, stinky shithole. I love it. Pro-tip for the drunk single lads with their beer goggles on. Open tinder while you’re in the club next time. You’re welcome.
    So true
    Very amazed that somehow my brother got kicked out of there too

2. Likes fourseven likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    So true
    Tom got kicked out of there? What a fucking nutter.
    Quote Originally Posted by JME View Post
    Fuck People.

So this is the vid of my 2 minute wait on the starting line & breaking my gearbox. (I sped up the 2 minute wait)

When i looked at the logs later that night, i hit 7500+rpm on the snap.

5. Likes heavyduty1340, -Luke- likes this post
    Good Guy Dave pulls off at half track
    I drive a Prius cause I'm dead inside.

7. Likes Socrates, S85FI, Lonewolf likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckets View Post
    Tom got kicked out of there? What a fucking nutter.
    LOL nah was my youngest brother...
    Tom stayed in Perth, I'm sure he would have had a yarn with you last weekend otherwise!

Anyone want to get a headstart on next year??

https://m.ebay.com.au/itm/Jet-drag-C...27?_mwBanner=1

10. Likes Phyber likes this post
    New unsafety car???

Had a great long weekend down in albany again, From a spectator point of view the event did not disappoint!! Bar was an awesome addition and everyone seemed to keep well behaved..

There will always be little issues but the event has certainly improved overall..

Cashdays was better this year, the rwd class was huge and the racing was great, now just to bump up the awd entry numbers and we will be set!! The cashdays premium didnt seem to work that well but a good friend of mine was still able to use his two 400m passes to give his cressida a little laptop love before the main event that night so no complaints from him. (car was in bits thursday night and new diff/ rear end was only tested friday night for the first time)
    95' 33 GTST . . .

First chance I've had to check in since the event, been a crazy week post RW.

Great to see the feedback and positive vibes.

It's fucking humbling to see something that was a drunken discussion one arvo at the Scotto turn into what it is today.

Time to re group & go again.

14. Likes masTers, Phyber, S85FI, DISTRBD likes this post
    Hi,

A huge thanks to all of the organizers and volunteers of the event. I haven't competed in Racewars since the first event however I have done lots to support the event by word of mouth and have been spectating each year.

I had a great experience overall and absolutely loved the 800 roll ons. Like mentioned, it was great when you were closely matched with another car but some people didn't seem too interested in doing the whole roll on deal.

I tried to communicate to other cars to get on board whether we were going to roll on or not and all I could come up with was the good old "do one" hand signals, although this seemed to get the point across.

I highly agree with moving the 1000m runs to the morning, the wind was a bit intense (for me at least). I was driving one of the lightest and certainly one of the more boxy cars (Starlet) and I actually got "significantly pushed" at the 800m mark by the cross wind. No I didn't back off either :P
    This, plus only gaining 3kmh over my 800m trap speed was enough for me to just call it a day. Holding the 1000m serious business in the morning then finishing up with some fun seems like a rewarding concept.

The morning greeting at the gate was a good touch.

Parking: A lot of people were getting parked in by either other competitors, or what seemed like non competitor vehicles. There were what seemed to be quite a few non support or non essential vehicles in the pits just parking around the place,
    some being used as spectator points. I was constantly doing refinements to my vehicle (tuning suspension or altering ECU settings) and doing the right thing by going into my spot instead of doing it in the staging lanes, but was blocked a few times from doing this by random vehicles.

It would be good if ride along passes could come down in cost? Not sure if it's even possible. I understand there's a premium involed regarding insurance for this but all of the passengers I had really loved it and it would be great if it was more accessible. Maybe a door prize raffle scenario for a ride along pass could be an idea?

Thanks everyone for a great event, I look forward to attending again in something as equally unusual. Hopefully the lifespan of Racewars aligns with what's happening over the road and it will be a good thing for everyone.
    Last edited by Adsport; 10-03-2018 at 05:53 PM.

On the subject of the delays.

I was possibly the longest of the weekend.

Yeah I was that guy. I hate being that guy, so I understand the annoyance suffered because it annoys me when delays happen. And I apologize for it.

It’s part of Motorsport sadly, some days there’s a clean run, others there’s not.

In my instance the uni failed on the tail shaft, as it smashed around it ripped the gearbox mount of of the floor pan and snapped the gearbox casing, so there was bits of metal, bolts, and oil to deal with as well as dragging the car out the way.

On the flip side. The recovery response was A1, and dealt with as quickly as possible.

Thanks racewars team loved the event once again ..

Even when not racing being able to watch the other incredibly impressively built cars fly down the vmax was awsome
    Cash days was great again loved the extra lights and that even once i finished runs was great being able to see the other cars grudge racing
    Not sure if it was busted cars or the cash days premium not being there but i got more passes before vmax sunday then the whole day sat was very enjoyable!

Not sure if its possible but for the people who drop cars/ trailers off on the friday night perhaps use the 2nd gate on the other side of the building ?

I was in line for over and hour till i got to the airport then sent around the carpark (ended up jumping out and the mrs followed the line with the support ute) . I walked in and found my car trailer toltally blocled in by entrants and other support vechicles (i no there isnt much organizers can fo for that one)
    I think it was gone 10 by the time i even was able to start lining up .

In all tho stoked with the event and the response from locals when you mention your down for racewars is amazing
    facility's albany has to offer are unreal!!! Keep up the good work
    525hp 620nm forester gt getting the groceries faster then you

I'd gladly lose double the amount of time we took to clean up the track after you (and a few others myself included) chucked shit all over the track.

I filled the Kia up with all kinds of shit from broken aero to complete trim panels that ripped off, to bolts, nuts, screws, a spanner, and a heap of other random shit without even factoring in the engine and box bits from blow ups. The cars litter the strip with all manner of crap all weekend and each time we spot something come off we stop the show, go get it and usually find an extra bit or two we missed earlier.

All it takes is one sneeky sharp bit to cut a tyre and we've got the mother of all shit mixers on our hands so we don't worry about time lost cleaning the track as it saves us from a bigger amount of time lost cleaning up from a preventable accident.

That's part of racing. When peoples cars stop breaking and dropping shit we won't have to respond, that's never going to happen so it is what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by JME View Post
    Fuck People.

19. Likes siladee, Phyber, -Luke-, Denver, AJjnr86, S85FI likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    So true
    The Motul girls wanted Riggs' shirt off so I ripped it off him and tried to ditch it behind the bar, but he grabbed it back insisting security would kick him out. I went to have a word to the bouncer who was watching us thinking I could smooth things over, proceeded to spill my drink on him and all I got from him was "it's only fair the girls get their pants off as well."

I'd say you'd have to fuck up pretty bad to get booted!

21. Likes DISTRBD, Steve, Phyber likes this post
    Maybe run a couple of street sweepers during lunch on each day to pick up any missed bits of shit on the track?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckets View Post
    I filled the Kia up with all kinds of shit from broken aero to complete trim panels that ripped off, to bolts, nuts, screws, a spanner, and a heap of other random shit without even factoring in the engine and box bits from blow ups. The cars litter the strip with all manner of crap all weekend and each time we spot something come off we stop the show, go get it and usually find an extra bit or two we missed earlier.
    Dropping the rear exhaust section on Sunday for HP gain was a bad decision.
    Cooked all the bits in my rear bumper, including parking sensors, reflectors and tow covers #bbq

Apologies for the delay after last run.
    ҉ antilag motorsport ▒ ▒RACEWARS 2018 2017 VMAX 230@22.619 2018 VMAX 232@22.489

24. Likes S85FI, Damo 69 likes this post
    Thanks to the team for the RW shirt
    Had a call from Jess on Friday afternoon to sort out the order
    Rolled up 10am today
    Never seen auspost move so fast

I laughed at the "Paul Brokeback Mountain" slowmo ending on the motivedvd video on youtube. lol

27. Likes SimonR32 likes this post
    Great to see John jumping straight onto a GM design problem, and having a bullet proof replacement made to replace it immediately.
    Hats off to him for delivering the solution I needed.
    We are going to put stock rear brakes on it, and slick it up for a few runs asap to see what time it can do

https://www.facebook.com/Street-Quic...0514423301256/

29. Likes Steve, Damo 69, The_Senator likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyduty1340 View Post
    We are going to put stock rear brakes on it, and slick it up for a few runs asap to see what time it can do

https://www.facebook.com/Street-Quic...0514423301256/
    Don't forget to remove your engel :P

31. Likes heavyduty1340 likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by DISTRBD View Post
    Don't forget to remove your engel :P
    Doesnt that work the same as 2 bags of cement in the tray of the ute for traction?
    Nismo Sauras Jr 290hp and 450kg

61.3 Long track Wanneroo,
    52.4 Short track Wanneroo
    46.55 Collie

Patiently waiting for the home reno’s to be finished before more aero mods to break those times above

33. Likes heavyduty1340 likes this post
    EVents like Vmax200 in the uk help put in perspective how awesome RW and RW cars really are. Vmax 200 run over an unspecified distance but definitely longer than 1km the top few racewars cars would have slotted in between positions 5 through to 8th and who knows if they ran a greater distance....

Hows the width, they could run like 10 wide.....lol.....

that Qashqai though.... love to know what it does the km in ....
    team sports can go to hell. I'm never going to rely on some weak minded MufaF@#$ to help me win a game. Ill win it myself. George Leeman.

For those that did the 1000m without bullshit HP was it worth getting the vmax entry?

Never regretted getting Vmax entry in the 3 times I entered RW. Your results may vary.

Sunday night and entry is in for me!

37. Likes S85FI, dmanvan likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    For those that did the 1000m without bullshit HP was it worth getting the vmax entry?
    somewhere else where you can WOT for twice the time of a 400m run...... doesnt get old ......
    team sports can go to hell. I'm never going to rely on some weak minded MufaF@#$ to help me win a game. Ill win it myself. George Leeman.

39. Likes S85FI likes this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast