ITP Racecars
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Part Sources for Motorbikes

Best Part Sources for Motorbikes

Fellas,

Thought I would check with the other temporary citizens here where the best places are to get some parts. I know RatedR is on eBay and there's places like Revzilla.

I'm after oggy knobs and frame sliders to protect my bike to start off with, then a tail tidy. I've heard there are certain oggy knobs to avoid because in the event of an accident they may actually cause damage (cheap China ones?).

Any recommendations would be great.

Cheers!
    Structural Engineer

'13 Yamaha R1 // '16 Toyota Hilux SR5 // '00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 Ford XA Fairmont

The oggy knobs associated with damage are the ones that attach to their own bracket rather than a frame mount, usually to avoid cutting fairings
    So it's not necessarily a brand issue but more a bike/fairing design issue and whether you need to cut vs if you want to cut
    Depending on the crash either type can make the damage worse, they can dig in and flip the bike, damage frame mounts and so on

For oem I'm pretty happy with partzilla, they saved me a fair bit recently
    Haven't bought aftermarket 4T parts for years so no leads there.

Steve at rated r is a great guy, it was all china spec stuff when I was buying odds and sods from him. Some of it is ok.

3. Likes Satan, S85FI, shifted likes this post
+ Reply to Thread