ITP Racecars
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kebab's & Cars

Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
    Will HMAS 33 be getting cobwebs removed?
    only by gav
    Civil & Structural Engineer

Whisky Enthusiast

Racewars - NOWHERE in AUS where you can run side by side with another performance car over 800m without hoon laws coming to get you.

2. Likes Buckets likes this post
    Fucking hell... That was bigger than expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by JME View Post
    Fuck People.

t'was a good night. Great variety and minimal mongs.

Awesome work - so great to see car culture alive
    a n t i l a g . c o m

Quote Originally Posted by Buckets View Post
    Fucking hell... That was bigger than expected.
    \

The line at the kebab van indicated:
    Slow service
    Great food
    or just shit loads of great cars and lots of people.

Maybe all three. It was good to see kids out and some young ones taking an interest in cars.

photos pingpingpingpings
    R32 GTR - Kippah Performance Signature Series

Quote Originally Posted by masTers View Post
    DAMO PLZ

Antilag.com can't afford to keep forking out for magazine subscriptions every time you offend someone

8. Likes yohoes, Alt_F4 likes this post
    Great success.

Good points:

Huge turnout
    Huge variety of cars
    Great atmosphere
    Everyone well behaved

Suggestions for next one:

More food vans haha
    Better lighting in some areas if possible? Especially the entry strip where the food van was, was pretty dark around there.

For the first event I think it went really well and will probably mean the next event will be even bigger through word of mouth.

Well done to the organizers.

My young bloke was thoroughly impressed by the pirate we saw at the kebab van. Night really did have everything.
    ALM #0024
    93 VR SENATOR

Great night but yes all it was missing was a few more food vans and lighting.

We loved the variety of cars, everything from old school Aussie and US muscle to Jap and Euro and even some supercars to boot.
    '10 Clio Cup Trophy 20th Anniversary
    '02 T3 Tickford TE50 #73
    '00 EVO 6.5 TME

Quote Originally Posted by S85FI View Post
    \

The line at the kebab van indicated:
    Slow service
    Great food
    or just shit loads of great cars and lots of people.

Maybe all three. It was good to see kids out and some young ones taking an interest in cars.
    More importantly.........Did you get your entrant stickers?
    Originally Posted by ambi3nce
    Haha, yeah I have no intention of flogging the shit out of it, won't be tracked or smashed etc, no doubt the rebuild will come, and not looking forward to the day haha

13. Likes Socrates, DanWA, mr_rotary likes this post
    Yeah was a good chilled vibe. For a proving concept it was a success, but as noted above food queue was an issue and the lighting. But overall, much bigger turnout than expected for the 1st run. Even got a thumbs up from the plod on the drive home which blew me away - I was waiting for the disco lights!

15. Likes monk_13, thommo likes this post
    We were thinking around 150 cars would turn up at best. It seems we we're wrong.

Generally the behaviour was good and the mix of cars and a few bikes there along with the attendees was superb.

I'm sorry for anyone I missed or didn't say hi to last night I was dead on my feet and scatterbrained as fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by JME View Post
    Fuck People.

Yep, that was pretty damn insane. Massive thanks to Tim and Tom, without those two guys it wouldn't have happened, cheers lads!

Shannons are keen to work with us so post RW we'll be brainstorming some options for the next meet in April.
    Old Faithful Bar & BBQ
    86 King Street, Perth
    oldfaithfulbar.com.au

Storage King Bentley
    17 John Street Bentley
    storagebentley.com.au/

18. Likes masTers, Sebdullah, Trolley, Miggy, S85FI, jnr, huggy_b likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    More importantly.........Did you get your entrant stickers?
    Yes.
    Tom is a good bloke and Jess a top chick too. Jess - perhaps did or did not require to go home to get them. I'm not making comments of individuals but collectively as a business. Volunteers or not. Profit or loss is not an entrant consideration. RW is registered as a company and as such my expectations are product delivery as advertised. This includes Big Rock as a partner to honor their commitment as a customer of Big Rock as they are happy to swipe the eftops pretty quick.

How RW deliver a product is a management issue. Regardless of management or staffing structure.
    6pm. No stickers. 6.30 pm no stickers. 7pm no stickers. What time was it advertised to be open and trading? I'm sure I read 6 pm.

I understand the volunteering thing and all. But.... if a company is to advertise a product it should deliver all aspects of the advertisement.
    I understand everyone is mates etc. But it doesn't excuse delivering a product.

Call it self entitlement, selfish, grammar, rude or what ever. I'm sure there are plenty who are concerned of getting their stickers from somewhere.

Sure you can travel half of Perth to get them but most people I know plan their time whether it be with family or friends. Timings are timings.

Plenty of people shared their concerns with me last night about stickers but timid to rock the boat.

If we talk about volunteering for RW I know nothing about it. Unless of course as as a VIP in previous years I was loading trucks and unloading trucks, smashing in pickets into rock for a fence line, digging trenches for cables etc. etc...in a dusty fly saturated environment for pre and post RW event.

I've done it every year and will do so again this year and if not satisfied with product delivery I'll let RW know again in 2018.

RW is great and I will continue to support the event.

20. Likes mr_rotary, dmanvan likes this post
    Keen for future events..... gives me an excuse to bring out the 31 & stall in front of all the pingpingpingpings
    '87 R31 Pintara [SEBOTAJ]- Soon my pretty, soon
    '97 JZX100 Chaser [FML]- [SOLD]
    '17 Focus RS

22. Likes magic1, masTers, Simon likes this post
    Pics and/or vid on the way?

Keen to see.

pretty rare I'll come to something like this, thoroughly enjoyed meeting new and catching up with old faces.

great to see an event supported and not targeted by mr plod

well done to the organisers
    MY08 Colt 1000m: 25.0s @220.88k / MY15 WRX Premium / 2011 HSV Clubby Tourer R8

What a night, huge turnout and so many great cars. Massive props to Jamie and Tim, they did all the hard work putting together the night.

On the food vans - as a bit of background, they require a minimum spend, where if they don't make X dollars in sales over the night (generally $800-1000), the organizer pays the gap. We didn't want to go crazy on the first night and then be left with a bill that we'd have to personally pay. We'll definitely have more at the next one seeing the turnout we had on Saturday.

We'll share any photo/video albums we see as we find them, otherwise tag the page in or use #kebabsandcars

Quote Originally Posted by S85FI View Post
    Yes.
    Tom is a good bloke and Jess a top chick too. Jess - perhaps did or did not require to go home to get them.
    Luckily she didn't have to go home to get them, she had an event to attend to prior to Kebabs and Cars hence being a bit late with the stickers.
    Jailbait

26. Likes mARC, S85FI, Miggy likes this post
    That LS Merc [drool] and Jamie your 32 looks impeccable !

28. Likes Sebdullah likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by skidkid View Post
    a bit late with the stickers.
    XOXO

Where is my Vmax sticker? It's missing

Don't worry petal, it wasn't forgotten. The Vmax stickers will be given out on the day once we decide run groups
    Jailbait

31. Likes mARC, S85FI, Phyber likes this post
    I can't wait to see the beemer with Racewars windscreen banner and door stickers made entirely from red/blue/black electrical tape.
    I drive a Prius cause I'm dead inside.

Quote Originally Posted by skidkid View Post
    Don't worry petal, it wasn't forgotten. The Vmax stickers will be given out on the day once we decide run groups
    Effective communication..... I really like that.

See you Friday with gloves... gympie and a shovel.

34. Likes skidkid likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by -Luke- View Post
    I can't wait to see the beemer with Racewars windscreen banner and door stickers made entirely from red/blue/black electrical tape.
    Should of turned up to scruit.

My mate did a snap chat with M5 "can't afford stickers". I didn't see it.... until too late.

36. Likes Phyber likes this post
    So, I understand from my primitive youtwitface skills that the next K&C is on this Saturday night then?

Haven't had an excuse to drive car since RW, so this is looking like a thing. So I'll bring the plastic then; will let others bring the steel, form, function, kebabs etc.

Weather looks perfect at least, so hopefully won't be sweaty sweatfest driving there.

38. Likes Trolley, Damo 69 likes this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast