ITP Racecars
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Supercruise Dates + New Collie track!

2017 Supercruise Dates + New Collie track!

These are the indicative dates for the 2017 Supercruises:
    7th Jan
    13th May
    5th August

In other exciting news, I've just spoken to MSW who have confirmed that a track extension is occurring at the motorplex, taking advantage of the hillclimb section that already exists. They have secured and received funding already for this extension and construction should start sometime in January.

The extension will run through onto existing track which is currently used for the hillclimb just after turn 2 and tie back into the track just after turn 5.

From what I can tell this is how it will look, but naturally this is just an estimate at the moment based on the existing infrastructure down there:

Exciting!
    [ALM] X5M Daily
    Empire Performance - Mitsubishi Evo 6 Tarmac Rally Car.

Looks like longer straights for skids \ dragging.
    MY09 Evo X MR

Racewars Car #252. 212.03 KPH - 800 M

Collie. 54.64

3. Likes S85FI, Yakky Bear likes this post
    Fuck yeah, that will be awesome when it gets built.

Thats fucking awesome! Now I just need a working car.

Who's going to break the news to our favorite WASCC idiots?
    Fuck cars, I'm taking up scrapbooking.

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeluxe.
    Quote Originally Posted by JME View Post
    Fuck People.

Quote Originally Posted by Brockas View Post
    These are the indicative dates for the 2017 Supercruises:
    7th Jan
    13th May
    5th August
    28th Oct

In other exciting news, I've just spoken to MSW who have confirmed that a track extension is occurring at the motorplex, taking advantage of the hillclimb section that already exists. They have secured and received funding already for this extension and construction should start sometime in January.

The extension will run through onto existing track which is currently used for the hillclimb just after turn 2 and tie back into the track just after turn 5.

From what I can tell this is how it will look, but naturally this is just an estimate at the moment based on the existing infrastructure down there:

Exciting!
    Will need quite a bit of work to be safe and fast,

The section where the extension starts it starts is very narrow and bumpy and both concrete and bitumen,
    Left hander is downhill and off camber also very narrow and bumpy until you turn left to go back up the hill,
    The straight is good quality, fairly new and wide bitumen,
    The 90 degree left is tighter than it looks and is off camber and down hil and then that back straight will be stupid fast
    Nismo Sauras Jr 290hp and 450kg

61.3 Long track Wanneroo,
    52.4 Short track Wanneroo
    46.55 Collie

Patiently waiting for the home reno’s to be finished before more aero mods to break those times above

8. Likes heavyduty1340, S85FI likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
    Will need quite a bit of work to be safe and fast
    All good, the funding exists to get it done. Funny actually, as the catch-cry of the negative nancys within another motorsport organisation has been "the government has no money".

Clearly they do.
    [ALM] X5M Daily

Quote Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
    Will need quite a bit of work to be safe and fast,

The section where the extension starts it starts is very narrow and bumpy and both concrete and bitumen,
    Left hander is downhill and off camber also very narrow and bumpy until you turn left to go back up the hill,
    The straight is good quality, fairly new and wide bitumen,
    The 90 degree left is tighter than it looks and is off camber and down hil and then that back straight will be stupid fast
    I just assumed given it is 2016 they were going to yolo it and hope for the best
    a n t i l a g . c o m

Its not as simple as "no money" MSW were awarded a stack of money a while back (years back) to improve the drag strip. When they decided they wanted to extend the track instead they were not allowed to use that money as it had been allocated specifically for a drag strip however it was just sitting there. I'm guessing its taken this long to get the funding released for use on the track instead of the drag strip.
    I am disrespectful to dirt.

12. Likes heavyduty1340, Sciflyer, S85FI, Sensible likes this post
    A bit like WASCC has a pile of government cash locked away and a pile more committed in principle to develop the facility once they got on with doing the things the Government has "encouraged" them to do...

I suspect it will be some time before that happens. At least someone's had a win.
    Quote Originally Posted by JME View Post
    Fuck People.

oooooo yes, transbrakes gonna get a good workout now 😁

15. Likes monk_13 likes this post
    Is it just me or does the track kind of have the shape of a dick and balls ?
    MY09 Evo X MR

Racewars Car #252. 212.03 KPH - 800 M

Collie. 54.64

17. Likes South, heavyduty1340 likes this post
    Meh... Old news

19. Likes Brockas likes this post
    Read one post and thought "negative Nancy"

Next post brockas uses those exact words

So very keen for January skids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckets View Post
    Lewis is King of the flogs, a talented one I admit but he is #1 Champion of the Cumsocks and there's not really anyone who's even remotely close aside.

This is awesome news. You Beauty.
    xw Falcon 393 Full race cam. NGK plugs.

22. Likes heavyduty1340, Yakky Bear likes this post
    How good is this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brockas View Post
    In other exciting news, I've just spoken to MSW who have confirmed that a track extension is occurring at the motorplex,

Exciting!

When we had a drag meeting about 6yrs ago we heard the " we are extending the track next year " line along with the " we have the funding to do the drag strip " , look how awesome that drag strip is now :/

25. Likes Sensible likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSparkle View Post
    Its not as simple as "no money" MSW were awarded a stack of money a while back (years back) to improve the drag strip. When they decided they wanted to extend the track instead they were not allowed to use that money as it had been allocated specifically for a drag strip however it was just sitting there. I'm guessing its taken this long to get the funding released for use on the track instead of the drag strip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckets View Post
    A bit like WASCC has a pile of government cash locked away and a pile more committed in principle to develop the facility once they got on with doing the things the Government has "encouraged" them to do...

I suspect it will be some time before that happens. At least someone's had a win.
    It never ceases to amaze me how quickly people blame the government for no funding. You develop a project, define the definition of the project and how it will be constructed. Obtain approvals from all relevant stakeholders including private or third party land holders.

The money sits there until you tick all the boxes. Anyone that's ever got a home loan goes through the same hurdle. Does the bank lend the money if one box isn't ticked?

27. Likes JME, Buckets likes this post
    Interesting about the drag strip, the plans for it mustve been pretty significant for that same money to stretch to such a major extension of the track!

Either way good on them, they deserve to start getting more events and a higher profile there because of this, and anyone who whinges about the distance from Perth needs to stfu and be thankful this is happening at all

Soarer #2 - $1k Off-road Autocross special

29. Likes Yakky Bear likes this post
    Sweet Im off work for the 13th May, 5th August & 28th Oct events! plenty of time to find some mods
    Winter White FG F6 335rwkw

Let me know when you go down Thommo I'll be keen to come for a lap.

32. Likes thommo likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sciflyer View Post
    Interesting about the drag strip, the plans for it mustve been pretty significant for that same money
    Victor Bray had sent a letter saying he would bring Slamfest if the track was up to standards , that's how far back it goes :/

34. Likes S85FI likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fukushima View Post
    Read one post and thought "negative Nancy"
    If you are refering to my post, then you are way off the mark

I was highlighting what the track can deliver.

I have been competing at the motorplex since the day it opened 15+ years ago and it was the days of when the main straight ran through the now pits passing the carbays with cars parked in them.

Collie is one of the favourite places I compete at and will alway support the the guys down there
    Nismo Sauras Jr 290hp and 450kg

61.3 Long track Wanneroo,
    52.4 Short track Wanneroo
    46.55 Collie

Patiently waiting for the home reno’s to be finished before more aero mods to break those times above

36. Likes Yakky Bear likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by DISTRBD View Post
    When we had a drag meeting about 6yrs ago we heard the " we are extending the track next year " line along with the " we have the funding to do the drag strip " , look how awesome that drag strip is now :/
    Yup, had heard whispers about track extensions and ignored based on this. Difference is now, we're being advised that construction is starting in a month and as such we may need to move one of our dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sciflyer View Post
    Interesting about the drag strip, the plans for it mustve been pretty significant for that same money to stretch to such a major extension of the track!
    I think the key is the fact that they only need to 'build' a very small section of new racetrack to join up the rear section. No way $1.1M would have covered a significant upgrade without that existing portion of road.
    [ALM] X5M Daily

Would be mint if they made the straight at the bottom of the picture into a f$&k off sweeper with a few apexes that tightens at the end. Would sort the lesbians out.
    Thinkwater Canningvale: All of your irrigation and pool needs
    Mini excavator for hire

39. Likes JME, Hurtenstein, adrenalin, monk_13 likes this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast