ITP Racecars
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: What have you done to your bike today?

Start Bikewars

2. Likes Sebdullah, Steve likes this post
    Finally finished the forward controls off on my postie. Took it for a burn around the block, I miss riding the pos. Why did I drag that out for so long lol

Not done, but bought. First batch of bits on the way for the XS650 from the states. Hard-tail kit, forward controls, springer seat gear, sissy bar, fender mounting kit, rear drum anchor rod and pivot gear.

Went with a 4" stretch and 3" drop for the hardtail. Compared to originally wanting a 2.5" stretch and 2" drop I think I didn't go too overboard haha

bought a '12 FDZ8n project that somebody had distastefully modded and got stickered. Now the hunt for parts without being arseraped by yamaha/US ebay dealers

6. Likes Jaydogz86 likes this post
    Partzilla has recently come through for me on genuine parts

thanks I'll check them out

Their postage to aus was a bit high for my liking - it's based on order total, not actual weight/volume. I ordered a stator and regulator and they wanted $60usd which I baulked at.
    I got them sent to a forwarder as partzilla ship free to us states once you hit a certain amount, then bundled them with a heap of other shit to save bulk.
    Get your order in and paid for before the GST changes come in.

Sweet thanks! one of the parts I need is a Rear subframe - Partzilla don't have one but the arsebandits on ebay want $90US for the part and $120US shipping! FFS!

Big item, big cost.

although quite often you can get way better rates through somewhere like US delivered. SO you change details when purchase on ebay to send to US address (if getting something ebay US) then add small parts into box with larger lighter items and would save considerably on multifreight (especially when something like a subframe cubes out for airfreight quite bad.....
    team sports can go to hell. I'm never going to rely on some weak minded MufaF@#$ to help me win a game. Ill win it myself. George Leeman.

Quote Originally Posted by rgvlee View Post
    Big item, big cost.
    $160us hardtail kit, $260us postage

14. Dislikes Satan dislikes this post
    Realised that I shouldn't leave it over a month between pulling bike down and putting it back together without labelled where bolts go lol

Thermo-bob, and Rigid Industries spotlights installed on the KLR yesterday.

Hopefully figure out a nice place to mount up some power sockets today. Then drop the coolant again because there is a nipple I blanked off but not entirely convinced I want to leave it that way. Would rather source a blanking bolt with flanged face to seal it off properly with a copper washer.

Admired it's beauty, admired the song it sings on throttle, pretended to be a racer... Puckered up at certain locations in fear of cameras.
    Structural Engineer

'13 Yamaha R1 // '16 Toyota Hilux SR5 // '00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 Ford XA Fairmont

took mine out for a squirt to lanno over weekend, mauled by cops but no loss of points or $$s

19. Likes shifted, heavyduty1340, crabman likes this post
    So for the first time in 2 years I put fuel in the KLR having finally finished putting it back together and been in town for some sunny weather it ride it around.

Pretty pumped to start my lap in Feb next year. Think I might invest in some decent pants and a better quality jacket. Tried out using my Bose QC20's when riding, absolutely magnificent haha. Except the odd vehicles travelling enar you come through so weirdly. Had a ute come up behind me with a plastic wrapped pallet making a weird noise, the QC's couldn't take it so it was just that noise coming through, very very odd feeling until I turned around and saw where the noise was coming from, thought the engine was in the process of grenading hahah

what jacket you using currently? I got an RST adventure one which I rkn vents and protects real well (tested both haha)

Bought some kevlar lined jeans yesterday and just finished packing up my bike today. Lap of Aus with bouts of work in between legs starts today. Margs > Denmark > who knows but finishing up in Adelaide in 23 days and plan to hit Ayers Rock, Broken Hill and Kangeroo Island by then.

23. Likes xr6tego, shifted likes this post
    Sounds epic! Hope it goes well mate. Put up some photos of the trip.

I did Adelaide to Melbourne on the R1, was a blast. Down Great Ocean Road. Since then been exploring Victoria on it every few weekends.
    Structural Engineer

'13 Yamaha R1 // '16 Toyota Hilux SR5 // '00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 Ford XA Fairmont

Gave it a wash with my Black Friday weekend purchased foam gun from Repco, only 50 bucks with 2L of foam mix!

Got back Friday from my lap of Australia which I have been doing during my breaks from work. Some trip specs:
    32,100km
    137 Days
    16 State Border Crossings
    4 Tropic of Capricorn Crossings
    5 Tyres
    4 Services
    10 Ferry rides
    3 River Crossings
    65.5 Brewery/Distillery/Winery visits

Crashed it at the ride day
    Daily:GQ Patrol SWB

27. Dislikes EVLO dislikes this post
    Did it a short while ago but finally put the KLR up for sale for someone else to live the ride around Aus dream.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/fern...ike/1242773026

Someone buy it please.... or know someone who wants to buy it

Been a while...

Hit up Phillip Island on the R1 in Feb - fucking blast. Can't wait to do it again post Covid...
    Sanded back some of the carbon fibre bits, re-cleared them, went well and looks great.
    Had the 40,000kms service - $1500 gone in a snap of the finger.

She's sounding fucking amazing though, eargasms every time...
    Structural Engineer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4