TKO Tinting
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your bike today?

What have you done to your bike today?

In the spirit of the car thread, one for bikes.

To start off, last night, I changed my levers to ones from "thetwowheels" which are meant to be better than any china/eBay spec stuff and won't discolour. Just have to figure out if washers need to be installed too, seeing they have a little play in them - not too concerned seeing they're for the Ninja 250.

Also fitted up an R6 throttle tube (2003/2004 from memory) - the new found responsiveness is actually quite nice.
    Structural Engineer

'00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 XA Fairmont Sedan // '13 YZF-R1

Put a good coat of sealant on my new paint job, then took it for a burn and parked it up.

Current Transport

2016 VW MK7 Golf R
    2011 Harley Davidson Forty Eight

Started buying bits for the postie bike to install next break. Indicators, exhaust, pod filter and jet kit for carby.

Trying to find ape-hangers, tail light I like and more info on ~100 spoke rims

Scaf is offline Pretty Standard Really...
    Keen to see Postie progress, I'm going to get one over summer if i pass my R-E Licence in a couple of weeks.

Will post a few pics. Was offshore today so unable to purchase rims, head light and tail light. Aim is to get parts on it and happy with how it work, give it a heap of love paint wise, maybe engine as well if I can find a big (200) cc clutchless manual. I don't see the point in a swap otherwise.

When I read "ape hangers" and "postie bike" I was like dafuq????

Did some educating and found this prime example!

Haha pretty cool! I'm keen to see your progress also!!

7. Likes shifted, S85FI likes this post
    Looks pretty cool!

Just changed rear brake pads, 10min job. Not bad. Fronts tomorrow. Replaced the clutch lever pin too. Next weekend hoping to try some plastic welding/repair!
    Structural Engineer

mr_mike is offline Bit of a pingpingpingping....
    looked at it, contemplated draining fuel tank as probably wont ride again till next winter. decided to hard, locked shed and went inside house.
    08 FG Xr6T Ute
    Tuned by Dark Horse Performance 384rwhp

10. Likes Frenchy, S85FI likes this post
    Superpole Seat as I thought it'd be comfier than standard, turns out it isn't.

It is better though, raised at the tank end slightly so you don't slip forward, grippy, and feel much more planted but the surface of it is so hard that if you're riding in regular pants, your balls get crushed whichever way you sit.

Footpegs on order, saving for some ASV levers, slipons, and looking for OEM grips if anyone knows where to get them!

12. Likes [FFOUR], Riggs, EVLO likes this post
    Fuck that is a nice bike.

RE: Grips, can't get them from Causeway?
    Structural Engineer

14. Likes benjamino likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by benjamino View Post

Footpegs on order, saving for some ASV levers, slipons, and looking for OEM grips if anyone knows where to get them!
    for OEM ducati parts i always get mine from http://www.ducatiomaha.com/ , just be aware if you buy multiple items send them an email before buying as normally they can do a better rate on shipping that the checkout quote
    Quote Originally Posted by BALISTC View Post
    Trust me, if someone could find me a stackhat and a 911, I'd happily do it.

16. Likes benjamino likes this post
    This week, got some work done on the ducati.

Change sprocket again from 42 rear back to 39, ecu update on my tuneboy with throttle and torque mapping plus launch control. Finally bought QS strain gauge so i could get auto-blip on the downshifts. Now just waiting for tuneboy to get back to us so we can get the new mapping working with my ecu! Can't wait to give it a try the updates are meant to really smooth-en out the quickshifts, and improve the throttle even more!

will post some videos once i get the bike back!
    Quote Originally Posted by BALISTC View Post
    Trust me, if someone could find me a stackhat and a 911, I'd happily do it.

18. Likes Frenchy, benjamino, HANS YOLO, shifted likes this post

Quick test fit of bars I ordered. Happy with height but gotta try twist the grip sections outwards a bit.

20. Likes S85FI, Frenchy likes this post
    Ran wiring inside ape hangers, jockey shifter made and painted, new speedo mount made and painted ( got a little chrome one to sit down near the key barrel)

Had my exhaust, pod filter (wrong one) and bigger main jet and new tail light rock up today. Still waiting on indicators, new handgrips, mirror and bmx pedal (for the kickstarter) to rock up.

Hopefully lengthened throttle and brake cables come back from Melbourne tomorrow. Unsure if I get it back together once they arrive and ride it for a bit or drop exhaust and carby off and finish it how I want before I ride it again :P

Yet to fine a muffler I like so was going to hack up the standard one and make it a shorty with minimal baffling.

This was mine that I built a couple of years ago.

Hilux 1UZ HTV1900 C4 Vipec V88 SOLD!!! Looking for XW or XY Fords
    ALM#294

23. Likes Frenchy, S85FI likes this post
    left it at work and picked up my car
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckets View Post
    Lewis is King of the flogs, a talented one I admit but he is #1 Champion of the Cumsocks and there's not really anyone who's even remotely close aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido View Post
    for OEM ducati parts i always get mine from http://www.ducatiomaha.com/ , just be aware if you buy multiple items send them an email before buying as normally they can do a better rate on shipping that the checkout quote
    Thanks mate, to get OEM grips you have to buy the whole throttle tube setup, $130. Errgh. Ended up ordering some soft ones from Kim Britton.

Changed the rear indicators, had drag bars,PM grips and pegs and Platinum air suspension fitted

Hilux 1UZ HTV1900 C4 Vipec V88 SOLD!!! Looking for XW or XY Fords
    ALM#294

27. Likes UXX127, hako, ED40, Nickevox likes this post
    Dude, that is awesome

Current Transport

2016 VW MK7 Golf R

29. Likes 1SPRINT likes this post
    Mine is going back together slowly. BMX Bandit kickstarter on

Finished lengthening the wiring for the apehangers and plugged it all back together in the headlight shroud, bulk issues.. Pull it all out of the shroud and plugged it back together, different issues lol. Need to get my hands on a wiring diagram haha. I need to find some extra tie in points for the new speedo I have installed.

Off to Melbourne tomorrow but should be home in a week. Getting the bike finished is on the top of my list. Once the wiring is sorted I just got to tweak the exhaust and weld it to the factory muffler and it's good for Vic Park note runs :P

31. Likes dmanvan likes this post
    lol'd hard at the BMX pedal kickstart... that is gold...
    team sports can go to hell. I'm never going to rely on some weak minded MufaF@#$ to help me win a game. Ill win it myself. George Leeman.

If only it was a gold anodized pedal lol

Gave it a clean and detail up, plastic welded the fairings where they cracked. Will have to order a new rear fairing piece anyway but for now it's good til I get it painted.

Anyone using a camera mounted on their helmet? See so many riders with them - any links to good ones that don't stick out too much?
    Structural Engineer

Finished exhaust (modded aftermarket front pipe to fit standard muffler with rear restrictor removed). Retarded effort but I wanted standardish look and didn't want it sounding like a dirt bike that other aftermarket ones makes them sound like.

Wiring is now doing my head in, numerous gremlins have emerged. Also making new gauge indicator lights work is poo. Addition of relays required.

Other issues are indicator gremlins traced back to standard buzzer. Removed buzzer but now flasher relay doesn't operate, got to find what size resistor to put in. and hope that with it in the back feed issues don't come back.

LED tail-light looks great, but as engine revs increase the light begins to flicker and as revs get higher flicker slows down lol. More relays needed I think and will have to power off of battery as opposed to off of the random 6v alternator direct circuit the headlight and tail light run off from factory.

Fucking postie bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by shifted View Post
    Anyone using a camera mounted on their helmet? See so many riders with them - any links to good ones that don't stick out too much?
    I have a Contour mounted on the side of mine - http://www.contouraustralia.com.au/

Current Transport

2016 VW MK7 Golf R

37. Likes shifted likes this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast