ITP Racecars
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: What have you done to your bike today?

Start Bikewars

2. Likes Sebdullah, Steve likes this post
    Finally finished the forward controls off on my postie. Took it for a burn around the block, I miss riding the pos. Why did I drag that out for so long lol

Not done, but bought. First batch of bits on the way for the XS650 from the states. Hard-tail kit, forward controls, springer seat gear, sissy bar, fender mounting kit, rear drum anchor rod and pivot gear.

Went with a 4" stretch and 3" drop for the hardtail. Compared to originally wanting a 2.5" stretch and 2" drop I think I didn't go too overboard haha

bought a '12 FDZ8n project that somebody had distastefully modded and got stickered. Now the hunt for parts without being arseraped by yamaha/US ebay dealers

6. Likes Jaydogz86 likes this post
    Partzilla has recently come through for me on genuine parts

thanks I'll check them out

Their postage to aus was a bit high for my liking - it's based on order total, not actual weight/volume. I ordered a stator and regulator and they wanted $60usd which I baulked at.
    I got them sent to a forwarder as partzilla ship free to us states once you hit a certain amount, then bundled them with a heap of other shit to save bulk.
    Get your order in and paid for before the GST changes come in.

Sweet thanks! one of the parts I need is a Rear subframe - Partzilla don't have one but the arsebandits on ebay want $90US for the part and $120US shipping! FFS!

Big item, big cost.

although quite often you can get way better rates through somewhere like US delivered. SO you change details when purchase on ebay to send to US address (if getting something ebay US) then add small parts into box with larger lighter items and would save considerably on multifreight (especially when something like a subframe cubes out for airfreight quite bad.....
    team sports can go to hell. I'm never going to rely on some weak minded [email protected]#$ to help me win a game. Ill win it myself. George Leeman.

Quote Originally Posted by rgvlee View Post
    Big item, big cost.
    $160us hardtail kit, $260us postage

14. Dislikes Satan dislikes this post
    Realised that I shouldn't leave it over a month between pulling bike down and putting it back together without labelled where bolts go lol

Thermo-bob, and Rigid Industries spotlights installed on the KLR yesterday.

Hopefully figure out a nice place to mount up some power sockets today. Then drop the coolant again because there is a nipple I blanked off but not entirely convinced I want to leave it that way. Would rather source a blanking bolt with flanged face to seal it off properly with a copper washer.

Admired it's beauty, admired the song it sings on throttle, pretended to be a racer... Puckered up at certain locations in fear of cameras.
    Structural Engineer

'00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 XA Fairmont Sedan // '13 YZF-R1

took mine out for a squirt to lanno over weekend, mauled by cops but no loss of points or $$s

19. Likes shifted, heavyduty1340, crabman likes this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4