OC Detailing
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: [Antilag Cruise 33] - Sat, 17 Oct - MEETPOINT ANNOUNCED

When the gateway project is finished there will be another 6+ fixed speed cameras around that area that face both ways. If you are heading north from the air port on Tonkin there 2 with in a km facing both directions, same going the other way and many more on the east side of Tonkin. But they are not operational yet.

EDIT plus the new one on Leach as you turn off Tonkin

Quote Originally Posted by random? View Post
    When the gateway project is finished there will be another 6+ fixed speed cameras around that area that face both ways. If you are heading north from the air port on Tonkin there 2 with in a km facing both directions, same going the other way and many more on the east side of Tonkin. But they are not operational yet.

Crap. Have you seen the late-night GP potential of that whole area?

I drive a taxi at night. I drive people through there at 80km/h, imagining that I'm gonna have to do some late night stuff in a few months in my 353rwkW FPV ute.

Anyone got any confirmed, official info about cameras in that area?
    One owner. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Available for a limited time only.

3. Likes 2jzlux likes this post
    Yeah I was looking forward to making use of that new area...but then I thought "I bet they have cameras in here".
    "Let's put it this way, I've had an orgasm in the air before. Alone. And together." Miranda Kerr

350,000+ km BFII XR6T | 11.94@120mph | 800m@233km/h | 1000m@241km/h | 2018 RW Sprint 57.81

5. Likes 1JZVL likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyber View Post
    Yeah I was looking forward to making use of that new area...but then I thought "I bet they have cameras in here".
    Damn shame that a plate flipper is a $1,000 fine these days.

It might be a matter of pull over at the start, Blu-tak something over the licence plates, do the run, remove Blu-tak and leave the area.
    One owner. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Available for a limited time only.

7. Likes 1JZVL likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Damn shame that a plate flipper is a $1,000 fine these days.

It might be a matter of pull over at the start, Blu-tak something over the licence plates, do the run, remove Blu-tak and leave the area.
    Great hypothetical.
    Be an even crazier hypothetical to imagine a group of people doing that together...

Quote Originally Posted by Douche Bag View Post
    Great hypothetical.
    Be an even crazier hypothetical to imagine a group of people doing that together...
    Personally, I'm still in love with the idea of getting the details for all the govt cars that are driven by MPs.

Wouldn't be too hard to duplicate them - they'll all be white Statesmans, etc.

Duplicate the car and licence plates.

Drive through rear-facing cameras. Regularly.

"Leak" to media journalists that MP cars have been flashed by speed cameras, and the responsible people (ie MPs) have not been held to account.

See how popular owner-onus legislation becomes then.

10. Likes Douche Bag, dmanvan likes this post
    Except they are all GPS tracked.

12. Likes adrenalin likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Crap. Have you seen the late-night GP potential of that whole area?

I drive people through there at 80km/h, imagining that I'm gonna have to do some late night stuff in a few months in my 353rwkW FPV ute.
    you can go over 80kmh in limp home mode ?

14. Likes turboknapp likes this post
    Full utilisation of 353kw to 80km/H

Quote Originally Posted by huggy_b View Post
    Except they are all GPS tracked.
    Not if you wrap it with some lead flashing.

I used to do this on GPS tracked cars. Park the car near a lake. Shoot a bearing with a compass (map to ground) and cover the antenna with lead flashing. Drive to the projected spot and uncover antenna. my boss at the time (a real pingpingpingping) used to pull his hair out and forever having a go at I.t. Because my car was always driving in a straight line over water. Haha or showing my car as stationary for hours at a time and then showing speeds of 200km for an average to another location. Haha.

17. Likes sicka, Phyber, mr_rotary likes this post

I drive the job everyday (work here). Yet to see or hear of a fixed camera being installed - sure they aren't the service boards for the ITS/CCTV system? Heap of MRWA CCTV though to keep an eye on traffic flows.

Quote Originally Posted by HotAe92 View Post
    I drive the job everyday (work here). Yet to see or hear of a fixed camera being installed - sure they aren't the service boards for the ITS/CCTV system? Heap of MRWA CCTV though to keep an eye on traffic flows.
    They look identical to the ones on the freeway, with what looks like covers on the lenses atm, so naturally assumed they are speed cameras.

They look identical to the ones on the freeway, with what looks like covers on the lenses atm, so naturally assumed they are speed cameras.
    Able to mark them on a map?
    Jailbait

Ill do one better, good old google maps

Ill do one better, good old google maps

The blue/green boxes are just an ITS (fibre optic) switchboard/panel. Relays all the traffic data (pads on the alignment), CCTV, and Variable message board info back to MRWA Control Centre. The fixed camera boxes are actually angled at a 45 degree angle toward the road.

No fixed cameras here...yet. Was disappointed that the cruise didn't make use of the new ramps :-)

23. Likes skidkid, S85FI likes this post
    Wooho

fuck saaaake.

haha, 107 in a 100 zone, fucking zhao you crook

trademark VW smoke screen

28. Likes DAN [GTI] likes this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5