ITP Racecars
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: [30 May] Antilag Supercruise #7 - Collie Motorplex

Quote Originally Posted by Mullmans View Post
    Epic start to the weekend. Friday drinks many lols.

Saturday morning -1 at 7:30 cold started first crank

Car went great but trolled me hard. Parked up after six laps went over to talk to gav... whoomph... turn around thick white smoke streaming out of the bonnet.... not again!

Turns out air con line was protesting being too close to screamer pipe... which is almost constantly operational with the new setup

Only managed one supercruise lap before the remains of the line started smouldering so retired home with a couple of things to work on.

New PB of 55.54. Keen to chase that down at the next one!
    Seems i have been donated your Motul dregs
    Nice work on the time, just pipped me!

As for me, 250k drive down, 100k of track time, 250k drive home without issues bar brake pads being well worn.
    No PB but consistently just slower so looks like its time for more mods!

Thanks to Erin, Adrian, Brockas and flaggies etc for organising an awesome events.
    Will make a start on pics over the weekend
    Local motorsport pics and other photos: https://www.facebook.com/thesportsphoto
    www.thesportsphoto.com.au

'10 XR5 - pretty standard for now

2. Likes Anahera, ED40, 2jzlux likes this post
    I had a great time for the short amount of laps I did before one of the only gm parts on my car decided to give up leaving me with only 5 cylinders.

I Was not that happy to take my skid tyres home unused but I'll save them for the next one.

Thanks a heap to all the organisers/volunteers for an awesome day.
    Last edited by 2jzlux; 31-05-2015 at 12:13 PM.

4. Dislikes ED40 dislikes this post
    Thank you again to the organisers/volunteers. Still my favourite track event.

And agreed said comments about gunmetal grey gtr. Jez you are an absolute animal and love how you try as hard as you can to kill that thing and it still goes. One of the best sounding cars out there that's for sure!

Learnt alot more about the track today but had continual boost issues which sucks but still pressed on. Can't wait to get out there again.

Thanks for the beanie bart.

6. Likes Greg Rust likes this post
    I had such a great day!! Thanks to the organising crew, seems the event was managed well and things went very smoothly.
    It was my first time at Collie in the Falcon. Started off a little hazy but managed a 54.55 before lunch which I was pretty happy with. Smoked a set of tyres during the super cruise but then had a water pump fly to bits... Luckily with the help of some good mates and an E-Series wrecking yard we had the car all sorted and ready for the drive home!

The gunmetal 32R was off tits. Never heard a car scream so hard!!

Can't wait for the next one.

8. Likes RH8 GTR, Anahera, DanWA, 2jzlux, ED40, Cochee likes this post
    For those of us that weren't able to make it, pics and vids PLEASE!!!!
    XE ESP 393 clevo
    ALM#294

first ever antilag event, so glad i picked this one!
    have done my fair share of track days, honestly had the most fun today though.

unfortunately smashed something important inside my gearbox (white s13 datsun), cant even roll it neutral now. gotta love sr box's.
    highlight was getting to take jez's 32 for a few laps on cooked semi slicks. could not keep that thing straight. when in doubt, power out right?

11. Likes Anahera likes this post
    Last edited by Anahera; 31-05-2015 at 11:14 AM.
    Daily - 2005 Corolla Sportivo VVTL-i
    Project - JZA80 2007 Supra (Unicorn)

Quote Originally Posted by 1SPRINT View Post
    For those of us that weren't able to make it, pics and vids PLEASE!!!!
    impatient pingpingpingpings

14. Likes RH8 GTR, Nugs, S133LTR, RG, Darkside, 2jzlux, Greg Rust, rat likes this post
    Awesome day out! I fucking love supercruise, such a great event and big turn out this time around, hats off to the guys that make it happen! Managed a 55.27 in the stock boat, skids were also fun!
    Blacktop 4AGE with an almighty 130hp
    VE SSV Redline

16. Likes Anahera likes this post
    ^^^ Nice pic.

Also level of commitment through turn one and two in the civic was epic!!! Great to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by RG View Post
    Awesome day out! I fucking love supercruise, such a great event and big turn out this time around, hats off to the guys that make it happen! Managed a 55.27 in the stock boat, skids were also fun!
    fuck, beaten by stock commodore, i better step up my game.
    Good effort with the skids too

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
    ^^^ Nice pic.

Also level of commitment through turn one and two in the civic was epic!!! Great to watch.
    Sad about your fuel pump issues, would have loved to get some more shots of you on track, think i have a couple of keepers though.

ha, you can talk about commitment through there...best corners on the track

Great day, been well over a year since I've actually driven the car so was good to get some seat time.

Power steering was playing up for the first couple of hot lap sessions intermittently cutting out so was very unpredictable, couple of sessions in it and was completely gone so at least I had come consistency but fuck it was hard trying to wrestle it around.

Skids were awesome to watch, massive kudos to Jez - that things bakes so hard!

Thanks to the organisers, was a really well run and enjoyable day - super keen for the next one.

20. Likes Anahera likes this post
    What a day! It was one of the largest Supercruises we have run so far!

We hope everyone enjoyed themselves as much as we did. Looking forward to the next one.

As per last event, we welcome any feedback from you, so please drop us a message or email me @ erinkuljis@gmail.com

We run these events for your enjoyment (and also ours) so any feedback/suggestions you have are welcomed.

22. Likes ED40 likes this post
    Yeah it's a shame about Blaise's "Brosch" pump failure - the car is magic to watch through T1/2.
    So flat and planted, with a hint of oversteer on exit. It gives me the horn..

Echoing what everyone else said, it was a great day and very well run.

It's my second outing in the Evo - both at Collie - and the little car certainly outshines the driver, but what a great little track.. Will be in for the next one!
    Evo V RS

24. Likes Greg Rust, Anahera likes this post
    Next Supercruise details are up! Get on it!!

Awesome Fun once again.
    Shame 3rd gear decided to instantly vanish early on ( yellow 34 )
    Will be back again next time.

Jez's 9 grand limiter bashing is a sight to watch/hear.
    Highlight was being in my mates GTIR while power sliding on all 4s round corners

That said, anyone have a 25 neo gearbox lying around ? :P

27. Likes Cochee likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by jayrod View Post
    That said, anyone have a 25 neo gearbox lying around ? :P
    Bart quite pointedly told me he had 7 boxes
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckets View Post
    Lewis is King of the flogs, a talented one I admit but he is #1 Champion of the Cumsocks and there's not really anyone who's even remotely close aside.

29. Likes heavyduty1340 likes this post
    We decided Thursday night to pull out Taz's 31 and give it a run for the first time in 2yrs , oil change and a fresh tank of 98 and she went all day long faultless ( parked up as he ran out of fuel )

By far the best event so far and hopefully the next one is bigger n better , maybe the next one I might have a drive myself :P

Jayrod email me next week info@swbrakes.com.au , as Shannon mentioned I have a collection of 25 boxes

31. Likes S85FI, Brockas likes this post
    Yeah,

Say NO to Bosch (Brosch) 044's off eBay. reckon they are knock offs as they have done very little work. Will throw in two more locally purchased genuine ones and we should be sweet.

Will also pull off IC hoses , get the ends of the pipes rolled and get some decent clamps as it popped a hose again yesterday. Thankfully nothing more major that than. And the suspension tweaks seemed to help (made room for more bump travel at the rear) as it felt pretty good through turn one and two and did a PB of 48.4 (with about 14psi instead of the usual 20) so might have a little more in it. Guess we will find out at the next one

Thanks for taking the time to take pis Blake. Look forward to seeing em

33. Likes Brockas likes this post
    Hey Darkside, I take it an 044 died? Was it labelled Czech or Germany? From what I remember I think the German branded ones are the fake ones. Shame it ended so early, really enjoy watching your car.

35. Likes S85FI likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ED40 View Post
    Hey Darkside, I take it an 044 died? Was it labelled Czech or Germany? From what I remember I think the German branded ones are the fake ones. Shame it ended so early, really enjoy watching your car.
    Not sure. Will whip em out during the week and post up some pics and see if we can confirm they are China.

A mate sent me this link with some good info.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2535112&type=1

Quote Originally Posted by RG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
    Yeah,

Say NO to Bosch (Brosch) 044's off eBay. reckon they are knock offs as they have done very little work. Will throw in two more locally purchased genuine ones and we should be sweet.

Will also pull off IC hoses , get the ends of the pipes rolled and get some decent clamps as it popped a hose again yesterday. Thankfully nothing more major that than. And the suspension tweaks seemed to help (made room for more bump travel at the rear) as it felt pretty good through turn one and two and did a PB of 48.4 (with about 14psi instead of the usual 20) so might have a little more in it. Guess we will find out at the next one

Thanks for taking the time to take pis Blake. Look forward to seeing em
    fark thats moving.
    If you're not stuck with bosch then look at the aeromotive gear - usually outflows and outlasts from what i've seen.
    I'd say also quieter, but race car!

Jez's 32R doing 9k rpm skids. SOOOOO good.

The sound of an RB26 swinging to 9000rpm during a skid is BEAUTIFUL!

Posted by Antilag.com on Saturday, 30 May 2015
    [ALM] X5M Daily
    Empire Performance - Mitsubishi Evo 6 Tarmac Rally Car.

Aeromotive is made in China too... Not good for longevity and reliability - have seen a few go.
    I've replaced one Brosch after 800klm of running in, and second one is getting swapped out for a genuine this week after seeing Blaise's one die yesterday.

Looking forward to pics!
    Evo V RS

Thanks everyone for a great day yesterday, the x dub wasn't the fastest but it was a lot of fun and good that a few people got to see my big slide across the ripple strip at turn two. Dem sand feels.

Still got RB epic revving motor noises in my head.

Also took my brother in law with the black Subaroo WRX thing out for some laps in his car to show him how a race track works. He now get it.

Blake; its 1.30. Make with the pics.
    xw Falcon 393 Full race cam. NGK plugs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast