Maytech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Financial Shit Talk Thread

Yeah everybody knows sr20's are at a premium before racewars.....

2. Likes Miggy, DAN [GTI] likes this post
    Tip for some of you eager beager investors. ...

Ever thought why people collect/ buy paintings and coins? Its not because they like they like the product. ...

2 reasons

1. They generally have a investment term where the % of increase has a compound value .I.e. they know exactly what its value will be in 2 years,5 or 20. A compound rate of 5-8% is better than any stock or brick and motor investment.

2. They attract no capital gains tax... after all the sale is done privately and there's no register of products. .. I.e. no stamp duty, transfer fees etc.

If anyone remembers the Ash Wednesday fires it was amazing how many rare coins were not disclosed by collectors. . ... those that had some of the same type... their value increased a ridiculous amount due to being even more rare.

Happy saving folks.

stick it under your mattress

In reality

a) minimise debt unless its towards capital growth (e.g. your PPOR or good investment property)
    b) know where your money is being spent - e.g. use a budget and keep it up to date
    c) keep a couple of grand as a cash buffer for unexpected bills and purchases - takes away stress from living paycheck to paycheck
    Local motorsport pics and other photos: https://www.facebook.com/thesportsphoto
    www.thesportsphoto.com.au

'10 XR5 - pretty standard for now

5. Likes thommo, [Jacek], S85FI, MadDocker likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by volt_bite View Post
    This thread went downhill fast, much like the economic wealth of most of antilag..
    This thread was always going to contain as much wellness as Isagenix

Yeah would prob say some of the best financial advice on these forums would be to get off these forums hahahaha

8. Likes heavyduty1340, S85FI, hako likes this post
    Have a man and woman create a good business, those people have a child that grows up and pushes the business to big dollar level. That child gets married and conceives child, pray that it was you that was born, take over business and count $$$ full time

If not try be the man/woman at the start of the story and don't give any pingpingpingping a cent hahahaha
    Winter White FG F6 335rwkw

10. Likes cactus, S85FI likes this post
    http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/ great blog

Chuck some money in vanguard index fund
    '10 Clio Cup Trophy 20th Anniversary
    '02 T3 Tickford TE50 #73
    '00 EVO 6.5 TME

12. Likes MaTMaN likes this post
    Diversify your bonds nigga

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VsEpjTcWkyw

14. Likes Brockas likes this post
    Saw a big sticker on the back of a heap of shite car the other day " Make money from Blogging" , although I never got the details as they were so slow (getting the most advertising dollar out of their fuel no doubt) and never caught back up to me......... must start wellness blog, cant be many people doing that!!!!!!
    team sports can go to hell. I'm never going to rely on some weak minded MufaF@#$ to help me win a game. Ill win it myself. George Leeman.

Buy a a whole heap of investment properties with equity you've got. Let them start to pay themselves off, build abit of equity, then go again. Not a get rich quick method but will pay of in the end if the right decisions are made.

Make sure to do alot of research before you start buying. If you need any advice on where to buy or you need contacts pm me..
    Quote Originally Posted by ben351 View Post
    Channel 9 is a piece of shit ... every time I turn it on there is fucking cycling on it - NO pingpingpingping WATCHES THAT SHIT !!

17. Likes baz, volt_bite, heavyduty1340 likes this post
    I always wonder out of curiosity how many financial advisors have actually done well them self's?

19. Likes j3rk, urabus, heavyduty1340, DRKWRX likes this post
    They can probably spell

Keystart v. Bank mortgage.

Any experience or tips on what's best? I know keystart is lower deposit & no mortgage insurance but is it better than just saving a bit more deposit & going through the bank? Through work I get 0.8% discount through NAB too which makes it attractive.

apg39, it may be advantageous to look at the setup costs and associated/ongoing fees, as an attractive interest rate/lower deposit may be put in place to disguise these.

TL;DR

Always compare all aspects of the T&C's

Keystart rates are based on the average rates the big 4 set, so you will never get the cheapest rate using them. If the market is rising it might be worthwhile going through keystart rather then waiting for a larger deposit.

If the market is falling it might be wise to save a bigger deposit and get the bonus of lower home prices.

24. Likes R3N likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by apg39 View Post
    Keystart v. Bank mortgage.

Any experience or tips on what's best? I know keystart is lower deposit & no mortgage insurance but is it better than just saving a bit more deposit & going through the bank? Through work I get 0.8% discount through NAB too which makes it attractive.
    if you borrow more than ~250k nearly all lending bodies and banks will give .8% as standard if you just tell them thats what you want. Remember they want your business so does the other person signing you up so they get their cut too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibz View Post
    Buy a a whole heap of investment properties with equity you've got. Let them start to pay themselves off, build abit of equity, then go again. Not a get rich quick method but will pay of in the end if the right decisions are made.

Make sure to do alot of research before you start buying. If you need any advice on where to buy or you need contacts pm me..
    As a fellow property invester, can you share your own personal experience of your own properties.
    Civil & Structural Engineer

Whisky Enthusiast

Racewars - NOWHERE in AUS where you can run side by side with another performance car over 800m without hoon laws coming to get you.

27. Likes Lmx likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by magic1 View Post
    As a fellow property invester, can you share your own personal experience of your own properties.
    Yea no problem.

I used some equity i had from one property to buy 2 properties one an investment an the other is my personal home. The investment property i bought is a dual shared unit with 2 livable sections in the unit. Each getting rented out for 300-310.. Then bought a block of land, the build is almost finished. This one will be a house and also has 2 livable sections of the home. Which will be rented out for 300+ each.. After i build abit more equity ill be developing 4 units onto the first property i used the equity from.

I've got my own personal broker and property manager which are real good. So it helps alot. And a good accountant.

Can you share your experience?
    Quote Originally Posted by ben351 View Post
    Channel 9 is a piece of shit ... every time I turn it on there is fucking cycling on it - NO pingpingpingping WATCHES THAT SHIT !!

29. Likes j3rk, volt_bite, shifted, cactus, Macca likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by S85FI View Post
    I always wonder out of curiosity how many financial advisors have actually done well them self's?
    There are different sorts of Financial Advisers, most are salaried by super funds and banks etc so are no different to most people working for the man. Others are self employed and aligned to super funds and banks and depending on business model and time in the business would be doing well. Others are self employed and self licensed who are not aligned to anyone are probably doing better than others due to the high cost of legal and compliance.

31. Likes Jazza, S85FI likes this post
    Are there many self licensed advisers out there? I've never come across any myself.

Not being an adviser but working for a business where the advisory arm is linked to Count Financial; I've seen a lot of highly profitable advisory business go through a licencee so I'm guessing those that are self licensed are in the top end of the Small Business ('SB'), sector 'where ('SB') is not taken to have the same meaning as the tax definition'.

Quote Originally Posted by mARC View Post
    Are there many self licensed advisers out there? I've never come across any myself.

Not being an adviser but working for a business where the advisory arm is linked to Count Financial; I've seen a lot of highly profitable advisory business go through a licencee so I'm guessing those that are self licensed are in the top end of the Small Business ('SB'), sector 'where ('SB') is not taken to have the same meaning as the tax definition'.
    Not as many as there should be due to the high cost of licensing and the continual tinkering of legislation by governments.

I was being very general as there is some business out there that use a licence for rent the would be bigger than a SB by definition. Some business are large and could afford to be self licensed but don't for a variety of reasons only known to them. When I used to run a national privately owned licensee for hire some of the reasons included perceived cost barriers, they might be great at advice but not on the license compliance side of things and would rather someone else deal with that.

Count is now owned by the Commonwealth Bank but I believe still mostly runs independent to a degree. Commonwealth Bank themselves have an Enforceable Undertaking from ASIC due to bad advice. That is always the risk of being aligned is that if there are a few bad apples then you all get tarred by the same brush.

Lets just say when Barry Lambert sold Count Financial it was met with some 'interesting', reviews from its subscriber base, where apparently uncertainty of regulation was a key factor 'gaining a few hundred million may also have been a mitigating factor'. I also find the recent financial decisions made by CBA quite interesting not long after an executive of a subsidiary of Lehman Brothers was appointed as CEO of Count Financial.

I understand your comment was general in nature and always thought advisers went under the banner of a licensee for administration and liability purposes.

35. Likes S85FI likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mARC View Post
    always thought advisers went under the banner of a licensee for administration and liability purposes.
    They do, but you can also apply for an AFSL that is owned by the same company that provides the advice. For me I applied and acquired my AFSL through another company as part of my risk management strategy.

Yeah, the Count sale was an interesting one as the media releases was all about synergy within the two businesses and FOFA when in reality he sold out all those accountants to the very beast they were trying to stay away from. I suppose money talks......

Ok, lets get this thread back on track to help people.

For those that struggle to budget, here is a budget planner I give to clients to assist them to understand where their money is coming from and where it goes. It is a simple excel spreadsheet that works in columns for months and line items for up to a full year. I know it is not perfect but the feedback from clients has been that it has helped them understand what they are doing and where they can gain some savings.

Tailor it to suit you , it is fully editable.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iwwzak86p1m8k4n/Budget Planner.xls?dl=0

38. Likes S85FI, p0630034, volt_bite, shifted likes this post
    Nice straight forward layout, would bang.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast