ITP Racecars
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Financial Shit Talk Thread

Looks like Comsec will let you trade in overseas markets but the fees are about double that of halifax.

https://www.commsec.com.au/products/...e-trading.html

2. Likes TheChad likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by MMM View Post
    I did a quick search for popular stocks on those exchanges and they all popped up. So looks like you can trade those markets.

This is how I would set up my accounts.

AUD - For trading stocks in Australia. This account will also be where i deposit my AUD in.
    USD - I would set up a USD sub account for trading in the US
    GBP - set up a GBP sub account for trading the LSE
    EUR - set up EUR account to trade in the euro markets.

As far as currency transfers go Halifax have pretty good rates. So I just deposit AUD in and email them to change into USD and then that money appears in my USD sub account.
    You just need to remember to select which account you want to buy your shares in.
    If you already have money in those currencies you can deposit them directly into there associated accounts.

Fairly simple.
    Thanks mate!
    I have a 28degrees card I will use to buy foreign funds if possible, as it gives a good rate.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonR32 View Post
    On a similar topic, I'm getting granted some stocks on the NYSE in the near future. Can they be held in commsec etc?

Most likely going to hold most/all of them for the foreseeable future

Commsec do have an international trading account. if you are going to just hold the shares and collect the dividends in USD they are a decent platform. Easy to transact and transfer cash back AUD if required.

5. Likes SimonR32 likes this post
    opened my halifax account yesterday and deposited. bought my first shares today. Went from 0.16c to 0.155 and then back up to 0.162. What a rollercoaster of emotion that was.

Looking forward to figuring it all out and seeing how I go.

There is a guy on fb in WAJCC, David Milkov or something.

He seems seems to really know his shit when it comes to finances and investing etc.

Some of you guys should hit him up for tips!

8. Likes magic1 likes this post
    Be sure to get on the waiting list for RobinHood when it comes to Australia for $8.00 trades.

IG also offer 8.00 trades but only on simple shares.

If you want a tip (we have to be careful on this ) ResMed is a very nice performer and should see some growth. I am currently long on this stock.

(Im and not a financial advisor and have zero idea what I am doing so If you have any questions go and see someone who has some qualifications)

For anyone investing in shares, if you aren't prepared to lose 100% of your money, don't invest in speculative shares. The amount of shit you can get up on "tips" is insane. Friendships/families etc can be ruined. Not talking about personal experiences, but stories I've heard. Also I'm holding a few specs myself xD

11. Likes Kaido, MrSparkle, [Jacek], TheChad, S13 likes this post
    Trump bump

For those that know how this shit works, what is likely to happen with the Australian dollar against the USD now Trump is going to be taking over power?

13. Likes S85FI likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ossie_21 View Post
    Trump bump

For those that know how this shit works, what is likely to happen with the Australian dollar against the USD now Trump is going to be taking over power?
    It has already dropped 3c since opening trade this morning
    Nismo Sauras Jr 290hp and 450kg

61.3 Long track Wanneroo,
    52.4 Short track Wanneroo
    46.55 Collie

Patiently waiting for the home reno’s to be finished before more aero mods to break those times above

USD should theoretically drop while AUD is likely to go up.

However until all the dust settles bit hard to call.

At moment AUD has gone down.
    MY09 Evo X MR

Racewars Car #252. 212.03 KPH - 800 M

Collie. 54.64

Yeah I did notice it dropped sharply after starting out good, but I'm not going to complain if it works in our favour. Just asking as I'm heading there twice in the next 6 months so wasn't sure if I should load up asap or if it will be ok at least if I held off for the second trip

invest in seeds.......

18. Likes S85FI, Kaido likes this post
    I hope the corporate elite, one worlders, hacks, shills and political elite understand the people by enlarge have had enough of government looking after their own political interests and big corporation.

This is a big fuck you to the establishment.
    2014 G6E Turbo, 474rwkw
    2012 PX Ranger 3.2 Auto

It was....but the fact that it has been done through someone like Trump for me is concerning....(Vs someone like Bernie who has similar ideas minus the racism/sexism/bullying/track record of ripping ppl off etc) I know, I know, Bernie was not a choice they had .....but yeah its concerning.

Gold has seemed to retreat this morning tho..so maybe its not going to be as bad as everyone thinks...time will tell.

21. Likes Torquen likes this post
    ASX dropped yesterday but up 153.5 currently. Was 200ish earlier this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
    It has already dropped 3c since opening trade this morning
    up $334 this morning; also

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...win-bonds-sink
    Quote Originally Posted by BALISTC View Post
    Trust me, if someone could find me a stackhat and a 911, I'd happily do it.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDocker View Post
    ASX dropped yesterday but up 153.5 currently. Was 200ish earlier this morning.

All Ords has been slipping for nearly 2 weeks and opened up 3% this morning.

So this is my first year of following... what's going to happen over Christmas?
    Federal rate hike in the US predicted next month?

Interest rates drop in March next year
    We have Cheap houses that people can't afford
    We hover 1%

Interest rates go up even more cheap houses in 2017

We become "doom prep amateurs"

We get new gun laws

Happily ever after.
    Last edited by S85FI; 11-11-2016 at 07:57 AM.

27. Likes heavyduty1340, volt_bite, Miggy, DRKWRX likes this post
    'Possibly' the US becomes a financial safe haven again. Our bonds and dollar are no longer the investment poster childs. Aud starts to tank. Hopefully we hover around 60c.
    Old Faithful Bar & BBQ
    86 King Street, Perth
    oldfaithfulbar.com.au

Storage King Bentley
    17 John Street Bentley
    storagebentley.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by TheChad View Post
    So this is my first year of following... what's going to happen over Christmas?
    Federal rate hike in the US predicted next month?
    Impossible to know for certain. Even economists can't say to much degree of accuracy what will happen.

Reason for the gold hike is it generally works opposite to what the market does. Market drops, gold goes up. Market recovers, gold goes back down. Gold is a very odd investment, but the idea is that it's tangible,will always "hold" its value due to the limited amount available, it's universally understood and valued.

Currency is almost impossible to predict as well, there are so many factors both directly and indirectly at play that makes the currency move.

30. Likes S85FI likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by volt_bite View Post
    Impossible to know for certain. Even economists can't say to much degree of accuracy what will happen.

Reason for the gold hike is it generally works opposite to what the market does. Market drops, gold goes up. Market recovers, gold goes back down. Gold is a very odd investment, but the idea is that it's tangible,will always "hold" its value due to the limited amount available, it's universally understood and valued.

Well said.
    Currency is almost impossible to predict as well, there are so many factors both directly and indirectly at play that makes the currency move.
    Gold when people panic is worth the same or more. $$$$ it's only worth what it is for purpose of trading.

Gold just trades well all the time.

David Lane has left the building.

http://www.financialobserver.com.au/...oins-perpetual

if you believe a family member could have shares in Rio tinto, but you have no share certificates or correspondence - how can you check?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lump View Post
    if you believe a family member could have shares in Rio tinto, but you have no share certificates or correspondence - how can you check?
    thanks
    Either contact Rio Tinto direct or one of the share registers; Computershare, Link or Boardroom.
    I'm not certain what hoops you will have to jump through to prove identity.

35. Likes Lump likes this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast