Quote Originally Posted by Lump View Post
    he didnt want a deposit, my brother is looking at it tomorrow in QLd for me
    XA_XB_XC_COUPES_WA On Instagram is advertising an XA Coupe for $60k

xaxbxccoupeswa@live.com.au for more details

couldn't find your wanted post
    R32 GTR - Kippah Performance Signature Series

Quote Originally Posted by masTers View Post
    DAMO PLZ

Antilag.com can't afford to keep forking out for magazine subscriptions every time you offend someone

8. Likes Lump likes this post
    I've done the deal on this one and not too keen on XA's but will have a look anyway - thanks

edit: got the details on that XA, it need lots of work & $
    Last edited by Lump; 01-05-2020 at 10:40 PM.

Five weeks ago I decided it was time for a change so I cut back on my alchohol intake , gone from having 5-6 drinks a night down to 2-3 on the weekends ..

11. Likes Pete, dmanvan, Sensible, Alt_F4, masTers likes this post
    this ole mate..////// what a champ..

needs to visit a friend... blasts a road block...

“If I’m going to get done, I’m going to get done,” he said.

“It went for quite a way ... There were four coppers after me. I gave them a right run for their money. They’ve never had a run like that.”

But Mr Hall said he did not believe he had done anything wrong. “First of all they are paying for a new set of tyres, all four of them, Coopers sports,” he said. “I’ve done nothing wrong, but I put my foot down.”

on a side note, his actual circle of contacts would be massively small, meaning a visit to a friend in his instance is hardly a viral event even IF there were lots of cases between regions (and there isnt).... cops..... enforcing zero tolerance.. also with crime down 40% what else have they got to do than be pricks at these internal border points. I know of friends validly travelling for work that have been given heaps of shit and almost turned around by some of the muppets on checkpoints and they had paperwork and a valid reason....

// and then a dude I brought some parts off on the weekend said he had been doing parts trips to northam and toodyay on backroads cause he could... lol...

team sports can go to hell. I'm never going to rely on some weak minded MufaF@#$ to help me win a game. Ill win it myself. George Leeman.

13. Likes mr_rotary likes this post
    I've had nothing but a good experience with the regional borders. I show my work signed letter on the way in, my drivers license on the way home. Nothing but good and polite people from the Army, SES and our Police force.

No one has ever given me the full on interrogation, always formal requests "reason from travelling, Sir" and I present valid documentation. My experience has not been anything like the above, and I've done it twice a day since the lockdown. And while the back roads was always there and an option, i had nothing to hide so no reason. It is well known that there is back-road runners and the odd patrol is out that way.

As for old mate, well he got his 15 minutes of fame and Im sure someone will pony up the $1000 fine for him.

15. Likes xr6tego likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Senator View Post
    I've had nothing but a good experience with the regional borders. I show my work signed letter on the way in, my drivers license on the way home. Nothing but good and polite people from the Army, SES and our Police force.

No one has ever given me the full on interrogation, always formal requests "reason from travelling, Sir" and I present valid documentation. My experience has not been anything like the above, and I've done it twice a day since the lockdown. And while the back roads was always there and an option, i had nothing to hide so no reason. It is well known that there is back-road runners and the odd patrol is out that way.

As for old mate, well he got his 15 minutes of fame and Im sure someone will pony up the $1000 fine for him.
    maybe it is specific days then, as a family member travelling to Perth on a Friday and back out on a Monday gets grief everyweek without fail... so maybe they are stricter with non-daily or trying to workout whether someone is trying to game the weekend or not...

considering its original intent (internal borders) was to prevent spread between regions, and country people quite often cant get everything they need from within their region it really is a bit shit that its original intent has now changed but i guess that is government 'we will protect you' from virus, speed, hoons, (insert other fear here).... mentality.. //
    team sports can go to hell. I'm never going to rely on some weak minded MufaF@#$ to help me win a game. Ill win it myself. George Leeman.

I'm not sure where all these regional borders are. I travel the state for work, and apart from the one's leaving the city and entering the Kimberley I have seen none.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DISTRBD View Post
    Five weeks ago I decided it was time for a change so I cut back on my alchohol intake , gone from having 5-6 drinks a night down to 2-3 on the weekends ..
    I did the same. Decided quarantine was a good time to have a break from alcohol and go sober, 42 days so far. Feel great but can't wait for that first pint and parmy.
    Jailbait

19. Likes DISTRBD likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by skidkid View Post
    I did the same. Decided quarantine was a good time to have a break from alcohol and go sober, 42 days so far. Feel great but can't wait for that first pint and parmy.
    LOL yea I couldn't just stop all together , Turkey Rare with sodawater goes well with sunday roast's

Having a pint at a pub for lunch today,
    Feels like it has been a lifetime since simple things like this have been taken away
    Nismo Sauras Jr 290hp and 450kg

61.3 Long track Wanneroo,
    52.4 Short track Wanneroo
    46.55 Collie

Patiently waiting for the home reno’s to be finished before more aero mods to break those times above

22. Likes XT43, S13 likes this post
    Works still going well enough and we've managed to make the pay cut work out ok in this household so I'm taking the win.
    Brunch for first time later today with the wifey at our local which will feel great.

An amusing feel good.. getting a transcript of my year 11 and 12 results as I needed a copy and seeing how fucking woeful they are (I really just dropped the ball and kick myself for it), but then realising how little it matters in the long term thanks to other ways of building a life.

Now for the world to come out of this and have a nice economic boom that us young folks can ride into glory.

24. Likes Sensible likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by summoner View Post
    Works still going well enough and we've managed to make the pay cut work out ok in this household so I'm taking the win.
    Same boat here cutting down to 4 days a week yet workloads are still at normal levels. Grateful though we are still busy irrespective of the pay cut. Oh and thank god for free daycare.

We have talked about it before for my fiancé to go out on her own and COVID-19 has been what was needed for her to take that leap.
    Unfortunately it is going to be tough going for the next 1 and a half years with us both working full time, a toddler and her going back to uni (3rd time).
    Had quite a few offers from doctors for her to use their rooms, equipment let alone referrals once completed so should hit the ground running.

Super proud of her.

26. Likes Sensible, summoner likes this post
    No quite so serious as above, but I've been pissing on a slightly cracked piss cake in the urinal at work over the last 2 weeks and have finally broken through it.
    Great success.
    XE ESP 393 clevo
    ALM#294

My work has danger taped my favourite pisser to stop three people breaking distancing rules by pissing next to each other. I'm a creature of habit.

I'm not sure who's going to fish the pissy tape out of there once we return to the office on Monday...
    Also not sure who was the reason behind having to tape the hand basin off either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurtenstein View Post
    My work has danger taped my favourite pisser to stop three people breaking distancing rules by pissing next to each other. I'm a creature of habit.

I'm not sure who's going to fish the pissy tape out of there once we return to the office on Monday...
    Also not sure who was the reason behind having to tape the hand basin off either.
    My wife works for the government and her department was classed as essential so 90% of the staff were still going into the office everyday and working from their normal desks,

She turns up to work on monday morning and the office has taped off sections like this everywhere and signs telling them to make sure everyone stays the required distance and had to assign 1 person per floor as a Social Distancing Warden

ZFG were given for the last 8 weeks but once the 10% who refused to work when it was kicking off come back they had to make it look like someone was doing something
    Nismo Sauras Jr 290hp and 450kg

61.3 Long track Wanneroo,
    52.4 Short track Wanneroo
    46.55 Collie

Patiently waiting for the home reno’s to be finished before more aero mods to break those times above

Quote Originally Posted by summoner View Post
    ...getting a transcript of my year 11 and 12 results as I needed a copy and seeing how fucking woeful they are (I really just dropped the ball and kick myself for it)
    I turn 33 this year and still regret not putting in 100% for year 12 exams. Found out I had an apprenticeship lined up a few weeks out from TEE exams where I had been committed to university for mechanical engineering since primary school. Missed out on the entry by 2 or 3 points doing zero study, kills me not knowing what I would have done had I still put the effort in... Why it still bugs me baffles me.

Quote Originally Posted by crabman View Post
    I turn 33 this year and still regret not putting in 100% for year 12 exams. Found out I had an apprenticeship lined up a few weeks out from TEE exams where I had been committed to university for mechanical engineering since primary school. Missed out on the entry by 2 or 3 points doing zero study, kills me not knowing what I would have done had I still put the effort in... Why it still bugs me baffles me.
    Same, almost exactly, including mech engineering. Had an offer of an apprenticeship shortly before TEE and said fuck it all and didn't study. Still came out with an OK result, but I really wish I could remember the maths and physics stuff. None the less, went to uni at 27 because I really wanted to (Enviro Biology), smashed it and graduated with distinction. I very seriously doubt I'd have done anywhere near as well going straight after school.

Now I design boats with a naval architect and could really have done with the mech engineering degree lmao

32. Likes crabman likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Evman View Post
    Now I design boats with a naval architect and could really have done with the mech engineering degree lmao
    Man I chuckled at this haha

Quote Originally Posted by crabman View Post
    Yeah I set myself back a decade or so thanks to being an idiot at that stage of my life.. but I also had no idea what I wanted to be/do which I think impacts a lot of students. I'm still doing well enough and have been gradually up skilling as time has gone on so now my grades matter less and less.

I'm turning 38 this year.. oh the wisdom of age.

I have a completely different & no-regrets outlook on my high school years. If anything my career/job life has been great, Since i knew very early on what i wanted to do.

But personal/emotional/relationship wise i'm retarded.

i was a C, mostly d/f grade student in primary & high school, enjoyed english, sucked at math. "participated in PE", never went to the school carnivals (despite threats for not going). straight up told the pe teacher, none of this shit has any bearing on my future. i'll be riding my moto-x bike, call my dad if you don't like it.

They never rang & this was a private school in karratha.

in yr 9 i think it was, i setup the computer lab network, used to play network gta with my mates during lunch.

year 10/11 - Did work studies/experience with Robe (before rio took over) at cape lambert in IT & engineering (when they were internally employed) I.T guys asked me to come back to help do some additional work outside the normal 1 day a week, so used to do that instead of go to school.

Early 2000, Didn't go back for year 12, did private microsoft course/exams in perth for 8 weeks, Got my MCSE in NT4 with SQL2000 & Exhange 5.5 when i was 16 instead.

When i got back to wickham, I setup ABN & did some work for local schools in Roebourne/Karratha. even got a call later in the year from my old science teacher to come setup computers in the metal/woodwork building (while my mates are in there, I'm getting paid).

Late 2000, Robe was doing round of Vol redundacy's so the old man put his hand up, ended up moving to perth start of 2001. wasted 3-5 months doing contract work around perth for a guy who never paid on time.

applied for a IT Site Support role in Tom Price in early 2001, did job interview.
    while we waited on reply, the job recruitment company asked if I would come in and help them (paid).

deleted applications from other people applying for the site support role. (i did ask first)

Got job in TP, drove up within a week of signing on.

Caused a WTF moment when i got to TP & my new work mate asked me what i wanted to drink (he was ex british army, was in HK during handover). Told him i didn't & legally wasn't allowed to yet.
    Following is paraphrased a fair bit, but it's memorable for obv reasons...

He goes what you mean, not legally allowed?

Well I'm only 17, I turn 18 in 2-3 months.

What do you mean your 18 in 3 months, how the fuck did you get your qualifications & experience. Give him the details from above...

hear him make a call to our boss, did anyone ask how old this guy was, he just told me he is 17. haha

Lived next door/worked together for nearly 3 years. we covered all of Hamersley Iron's in-land mine sites & I did the coast too when guys went on holidays. Finished in 2004 before i turned 21

That was my first real "IT job".
    When boost is life....
    2001 - VT Exec Drag Car - 6.6lt Twin Turbo - 1000whp?
    2002 - VX Berlina Drag Car - 6.7lt Twin Turbo - 1200whp?
    2002 - VY SS UTE A6 - 6lt Single Turbo - 630whp
    2009 - VE SSV UTE A6 - 6.6lt Supercharged - 700whp?
    2017 - Holden Colorado - 2.8lt TD - 206whp

36. Likes crabman, Evman likes this post

38. Likes adrenalin, Nugs, dmanvan likes this post
+ Reply to Thread