Racewars
+ Reply to Thread
Page 333 of 333 FirstFirst ... 233 283 323 329 330 331 332 333
Results 8,301 to 8,315 of 8315

Thread: What made you feel good today? PART II

Yeah I'd be expecting a new set when I arrive there, the tyres I have on now are apparently good for 10,000kms or so dailying, just had them put on a couple months ago.
    Structural Engineer

'00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 XA Fairmont Sedan // '13 YZF-R1

Just do it.

You can do the border in 1 day. I did Perth to the barge for Fraser Island in 4 days.

Just plan it.

Like others have said. Its shit. But it's also a sense of achievement.
    R1 is a shit bike to tour. You will be sore on day 2. But fuck it.

Don't do Esperence for the sake of it. You will fatigue and the trip will be shit. It's a lovely place but do it in a car/4x4.

Get to Norsman and refuel. widgiemooltha is going to be your hardest run fuel wise.
    Stay the night at Frazer Range. It's an old homestead and it will cost you a out $150. Its off the hwy by about 600m. Its quiet and comfortable. Has a communal kitchen so you can share your stupid story with other travelers.

Make sure you book.

You should get to Balladonia from there.

Also WA has two time zones. The 1.5 hours to adelaide that most know. Also has a 45 minute window. Always check the servo times before the trip. The 45minutes isn't official but some of the towns run on it and counts have missed the train because of it.

45 minutes is half way down the Erye.

Fuck the sports tyres off. They will be fucked by the time you hit the border if doing in warmer weather. Just get a medium range tyre.

You will clock 5-7ooo k so a grippy type will wear out. You can lose 50%of your tyre in one day if it's hot.

Fuel make sure they are crash rates. Pretty fucked if you drop the bike and a coke bottle of fuel goes up. I've done this then thought what a fucked idea that was. Didn't flame up so all luck.

It's a road trip. Road trips are fun..

It's also a shit trip. Just do it. Its the sense of adventure and make it what you want.

3. Likes shifted, crabman likes this post
    Also don't tune the bike. Its reliable now?

Fuck being half way in the outback and melting a piston because it's a lean bike as it is. Why would you fuck with it? Two small saddle bags. One for fuel. One for water and food.

Quote Originally Posted by S85FI View Post
    Stay the night at Frazer Range. It's an old homestead and it will cost you a out $150. Its off the hwy by about 600m. Its quiet and comfortable. Has a communal kitchen so you can share your stupid story with other travelers.
    Cheers for that, have added that in as a stopover for my lap on a bike.

I'll make a thread with the route planned etc to start planning this ahead, as I've verbally agreed to the role today.

So it's time to get shit underway.

The bike is reliable, its due for a service and spark plugs - got quoted $500 for this though, figure I won't do this one myself to make sure its good for the trip, and then do it myself afterwards.

Those fuel bags are definitely not crash rated haha

PS. Anyone know anyone in Melbourne looking for a room mate?
    Structural Engineer

7. Likes beatle likes this post
    i did the following on a my ducati 1199; it wasn't the most conformable but you get use to it (i was also wearing a 20L backpack with clothes and shit)
    day 1: 600km
    day 2: 250km
    day 3: 600km

It's doable (i know you have like 3,600km compare to 1,400km), i found that sitting around 110hm/kr ish** mark my fuel eco was pretty good was getting fuel light on around 180-200km compare to 140-150km normal riding; once you start getting in the 200km/hr region thats when it drinks fuel haha
    Quote Originally Posted by BALISTC View Post
    Trust me, if someone could find me a stackhat and a 911, I'd happily do it.

9. Likes S85FI, shifted likes this post
    I'll make a thread, as I've accepted the offer, so will start piecing the information together.

In the mean time if anyone spots an R1 luggage rack - hit me up! haha
    Structural Engineer

11. Likes Kaido likes this post
    Ship it to Adelaide and pick it up from there. Spend time with your mate. Do great ocean road etc on your way to Melbourne. / thread.

Fark riding a sports bike across the nullabor. You will be bored before you hit norseman.

Brendon
    Thinkwater Canningvale: All of your irrigation and pool needs
    Mini excavator for hire

13. Likes S85FI likes this post
    That was another option, ship to Adelaide. Need to see how expensive that is. Any recommendations?

To be honest from my map, I was dreading Esperance to Eucla and then to Port Augusta.

If I ship to Adelaide, means I won't need a luggage rack or jerry can, which given my knack for things falling behind and not being prepared it may be the better option.

I assume I can transfer it to NSW registration once I'm there.
    Structural Engineer

getting almost halfway through a grout removal job... dremel tool dies..... complain how have to buy a new one to son who is working with me on job.... he reminds me 'its ok dad I won that for you years ago in that fathers day competition'..........

Was then reminded of the hamper we won at the time that actually had proper man stuff in it and only a couple of things out of it had so far died the rest have been getting a good flogging.... come to think of it the 'free rotary tool' alone probably charged out about 50 times its value in repair jobs....

Anyway that was Friday and this evening I was going through some of its accessories and thought Id attach a line extension bit on the end of the stuffed one.... seems even with the stuffed bearing this part still works as it isnt putting pressure on it.... so will put it on kids tool bench in a holder so they can engrave shit and trim their nails and the like......
    team sports can go to hell. I'm never going to rely on some weak minded MufaF@#$ to help me win a game. Ill win it myself. George Leeman.

2 nights of camping.
    No rain.
    Fishing.

17. Likes MaTMaN, XT43 likes this post
    Dislikes mr_rotary dislikes this post

19. Likes S85FI likes this post
    Booked an Audi A6 for a couple days driving around Southern Germany (final thing I had to book for 3 week Swiss?German holiday post Sing F1) just after I booked flights to San Fran for December.

Quote Originally Posted by crabman View Post
    Booked an Audi RS6 for a couple days driving around Southern Germany (final thing I had to book for 3 week Swiss?German holiday post Sing F1) just after I booked flights to San Fran for December.
    Stupid autocorrect.
    ҉ antilag motorsport ▒ ▒RACEWARS 2018 2017 VMAX 230@22.619 2018 VMAX 232@22.489

22. Likes mr_rotary, butters, crabman likes this post
    after being on contract to BHP for over 4 years, I finally get a permanent job today that I applied for that went external - fuck knows I deserve it.

which now means the purchase of an original shed find 1973 XBGT manual Hardtop is going ahead - long term project, but will be nice garage art in the meantime

+ Reply to Thread