Maytech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: NBN Plans

iiNet is giving me the absolute shits. Almost a week without net service and god how many phone calls/time spent on the phone. Their tech service is non-existent and nothing like they where in their hayday. And this has not been the first issue either.
    After 18 years, I'm looking to move.

Any recommendations for NBN? I have been seeing good reviews with Aussie Broadband.

Aussie Broadband definitely gets most of the good reviews, I'm with MyRepublic and havent had any issues with them so have had no reason to switch to Aussie BB but thats where I will go after my contract ends.

NBN is shit.

ABB service is brilliant.

I had faster ADSL than NBN when they hooked it up. So much wishy washy answer from NBN as I got every excuse why I went from 16 Mbps on ADSL to 1 Mbps on NBN.

From the start I made it clear all responses are kept for parliamentary question time.

8 weeks later I write to the Minister. I get better answers but still wishy washy.

Fire off questions and emails responses in a table format.

Next minute NBN is on my verge/street right back to the box. I'm at 35Mbps and advised once off the coexistence period it will double again.

Doesn't matter who your rsp is... they cannot guarantee a speed. They don't own the network.

Ask the questions...I bet you don't get an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by S85FI View Post
    NBN is shit.
    Amen to that. This is my second NBN issue this week as a technician decided to swap my connection with someone else.
    iiNet customer service to resolve this is issue is damn frustrating as it took me 3x phone calls on Sunday for iiNet to finally acknowledge it was a line issue and not my modem then another 3 days of them telling me it is fixed when clearly it was not.
    And I'm still experiencing drop-outs when it was perfectly fine before.

That's just the very short version of the many many hours on the phone.
    You contact NBN Co. and they just wipe their hands advising it's the ISP's issue.

5. Likes S85FI, racegtst likes this post
    Found a Telstra document explaining why FTTN is not broadband. All the science behind it and why the government should not do NBN.

In the same document Telstra highlights all the issues that will occur and again the science behind it.

It then goes to say they will drop the NBN programme and concentrate on 5G technology.

They also say how the NBN infrastructure will be out of date by the time its installed.

Not sure how the Minister will respond to these questions....which will be quoted and attached as enc.

Fuck you NBN for forcing me to switch over.

Telstra finishes getting paid its $9bn for putting in the NBN in 2020... guess what comes out in 2020 from Telstra - 5G cant bring it out now will not get its final payments from the govt - its was trialed at the Comm Games this year with great success .

TLS cut its dividend for the first time ever and put that $1bn a year into growth ...which is 5G

A $200 box that through wireless blaa blaa technology that can produce 10 x the speed of the NBN

So right after NBN becomes available in my suburb 5G will be available.........
    I already use 4G at home, the other option is 2Mbps ADSL. Seems reasonable for a suburb 5kms from the CBD in 2018.

9. Likes S85FI likes this post
    When the net was out, I was able to use the personal hotspot on my iPhone and connected wireless to the PC.
    Surprised to get a ping of ~90 on 4G!!

5G at the comm games was bloody fantastic, no dropouts and coverage was great all over the Gold Coast.
    Other night back in Perth at a concert and you think your could get coverage?

Bring on 5G

changed from iinet to aussie broadband last night. only took a couple of hours from start to finish. for the same price as Iinet, ive got from 20mbps to just shy of 50mbps on a 50mbps plan as opposed to the 100mbps plan i was paying for. fuck Iinet....

12. Likes 1JZVL, Phyber, mr_rotary, S85FI likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by evoeata View Post
    changed from iinet to aussie broadband last night. only took a couple of hours from start to finish. for the same price as Iinet, ive got from 20mbps to just shy of 50mbps on a 50mbps plan as opposed to the 100mbps plan i was paying for. fuck Iinet....
    If iiNet sold you a 100mbs Plan on a line that could not physically pull that data, they owe you a refund. Telstra, Optus and Co. where all doing the same - selling plans to people whom would never get that speed. They had to refund the monies. From then they had to only offer you plans that you could ACTUALLY get.

by the time we get nbn in dianella I will be using a 5g wireless plan.

Dec 2019 they reckon...
    a n t i l a g . c o m

Quote Originally Posted by The_Senator View Post
    If iiNet sold you a 100mbs Plan on a line that could not physically pull that data, they owe you a refund. Telstra, Optus and Co. where all doing the same - selling plans to people whom would never get that speed. They had to refund the monies. From then they had to only offer you plans that you could ACTUALLY get.
    Because of this NBN have changed their plan pricing.

They are also saying regardless of plan, they seem 12Mbps is satisfactory and you have to upgrade the infrastructure for anything better.

Nbn is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post

Dec 2019 they reckon...
    The same time frame for NBN to arrive in the “older” part of Jane Brook 😂
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyber View Post
    Might be repost? Few fingers in asses lately

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post

Dec 2019 they reckon...
    Same in Coolbinia, Jul-Dec 2019*

*This date and technology is based on nbn’s current deployment plans and is subject to change.

I finally got the NBN in my area. It originally stopped two house's away (fuck knows why). First attempt to connect me the NBN technicians came out and said the fiber had no light coming down the line so there was an issue with the fiber and they would need to replace it. Wait about another month, another technician comes out and it turns out the issue was a dead black box (forget the name of it but it converts the fiber signal to copper as I'm on FTTC) He goes away gets one comes back replaces it and all has been working well since. I'm only on a telstra 50/20 plan as I don't really use the internet a lot apart from streaming Kodi, downloading the odd movie and music... Been getting around 47/18 so pretty happy I guess.
    My Garage:
    -05' BMW E46 M3
    -01' S15 SR20DET - SOLD
    -01' S15 SR22DET - SOLD
    -95' S13 180SX SR20DET - SOLD
    -91' S13 180SX SR20DET - SOLD

Just after some other peoples thoughts. I'm currently on NBN with iinet on their 100/40 plan and get 90 with my wired connection to my PC...so it's pretty reasonable. BUT, is it worth paying the extra $20 per month for the extra speed over their 50mbps plan? It's only me and the missus and generally only streaming 4K on the TV with a couple of phones and a bunch of other appliances connected to the WiFi.

No
    a n t i l a g . c o m

21. Likes graphicgoose likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by evoeata View Post
    iinet....congestion city come peak time, the pingpingpingpings.

loved the experience with ABB so far!
    JZX100 CHASER, 1JZGTE VVTI
    10.61 @ 128mph

23. Likes Phyber likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1JZVL View Post
    iinet....congestion city come peak time, the pingpingpingpings.

loved the experience with ABB so far!
    same mate. they have been great so far. got a 20Mbps increase straight away. get emails from them if something is happening with my connection and dont get passed round half of india trying to get an answer when i do actually call them. so far very impressed

25. Likes Phyber, S85FI likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by graphicgoose View Post
    Just after some other peoples thoughts. I'm currently on NBN with iinet on their 100/40 plan and get 90 with my wired connection to my PC...so it's pretty reasonable. BUT, is it worth paying the extra $20 per month for the extra speed over their 50mbps plan? It's only me and the missus and generally only streaming 4K on the TV with a couple of phones and a bunch of other appliances connected to the WiFi.
    Same situation as you and I am fine on the 50 plan. To me it's not worth the extra money. Buy yourself a better modem to get the best out of the connection rather than using telco's average modems.

27. Likes graphicgoose likes this post
    Sweet, cheers. I've dropped my plan down, so I'll give it a crack and see if I notice any difference. If I don't, then great - saves me $20 a month.

Optus NBN and the constant dropouts is driving me insane.
    Dont need a super fast plan, but am open to the idea of Telstra with Foxtel bundled in, I only want Foxtel Sports though for the F1, so may be a bit of a waste.

Any suggestions, 25mb down is sufficient.

Got a letter from NBN yesterday - they are coming to do initial checks on our phone line

Anytime from 11 October - 31 March 2019..... k then
    a n t i l a g . c o m

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7