Maytech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Daves S13

This looks amazing!!!!

2. Likes Daveo likes this post
    so good so neat and clean ... I like the quality and the semi bold choices of colour

wish I had this attention to detail and dedication

4. Likes Rb_sil, Daveo likes this post
    I'm going to continue to run the Tomei Arms turbo even though I was never that big of a fan of it. So kept the theme going after I grinded off the brackets and smoothed them out.

I had a spare few minutes so gave my bonnet latch a clean up. I sandblasted the body, wire wheeled and polished the springs and gave it a fresh coat of paint. Literally under 15minutes from start to finish. Excuse the screenshots for pictures.

"I can't believe I ate the whole thing"

6. Likes MaTMaN, Simon, racegtst, dmanvan likes this post
    So I have to plan to either replace every nut and bolt otherwise it will be cleaned, polished and zinc plated. Out comes the subframes to get ready to clean this underbody.

This was a few weeks I'd like to forget about. Doing bits and pieces after work I cleaned the underbody of the 13. This involved me first degreasing and high pressure cleaning it followed by using a nylon wheel attachment and removing old grime and paint from years back. I removed a good amount of rubber and then took a medium scuff pad and gave the entire thing a rub down. It was a much larger job then I thought it was going to be but I got there in the end. Now comes the part that people will either like, not understand or hate.
    Going with the colour theme on the engine bay and boot is Nissan KJ7 or as I now refer to it "fresh hummus". I start with the underbody which received 4l of tintable Raptor Liner tinted in my desired fresh hummus effect.
    First using my DeVilbiss Gti Pro Lite I put down a coat for coverage followed up with a few coats with my stone guard gun to give it texture. Through the center of the tunnel where no texture was desired I just left used my spray gun.

Here's a picture of the heat shield which has been sand blast and hit with a high heat silver.

Next up with be stripping down the subframes, welding in reinforcement plates and powdercoating them.

EPIC

Well done dude attention to detail to die for.

9. Likes Daveo likes this post
    Dave... couldnt find the GTR Thread but pretty sure this is your beast aswell..

http://www.speedhunters.com/2018/08/...erstated-gt-r/

Looks Awesome do the same to the S13

11. Likes Daveo, xr6tego, SimonR32 likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Dave... couldnt find the GTR Thread but pretty sure this is your beast aswell..

http://www.speedhunters.com/2018/08/...erstated-gt-r/

Looks Awesome do the same to the S13
    Cheers guys. Yeah thats my other nugget, I'll have to do some updating of that thread.

Man, i love reading about the detail you go to. Amazing man. Keep the build updates coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Brockas aka. El Presidente View Post
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it just so happens yours is wrong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4